Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Beauty Bloggers. Mod note in Post 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kimannabella

I was at the trade show on monday too, got a nice wee haul out of it! I went for a chair and instead came out with a bunch of new products but then that's half the fun of the show really.
    IMG_3525.JPG

MUA Blog-http://kimannabellamua.blogspot.ie/
    Twitter Account-https://twitter.com/kimannabella

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭redappple

Hi Everyone as some of you might know I have struggled with trying to get a GFC button for my Wordpress blog. Today I have read that Google will soon be closing down the GFC button so people are being advised to get their readers to follow them on Bloglovin' instead! Just thought I would let you all know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Yeah I only managed to get GFC last week so it's not a big loss for me but will be a hassle for a lot of big GFC users! Through Bloglovin' you can import your reader list from GFC now so you never have to lose anyone on your readers list!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Okay bloggers! Less than three months to IMATS in London, I'm heading over for the two days. Would love to meet some more Irish bloggers is anyone going over themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Really really wish I could go! Hope you have a really great time! Can't wait to hear about what you get!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 kimannabella

Ooh, have fun at the IMATS!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭redappple

At long last I have gone through the entire thread and added/followed all the threads! So if your wondering who the creepy Glamour&Go person following you on Twitter is, it's me! If anyone had any links on their blog, Twitter, FB, Bloglovin etc I followed/added you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

redappple wrote: »
    At long last I have gone through the entire thread and added/followed all the threads! So if your wondering who the creepy Glamour&Go person following you on Twitter is, it's me! If anyone had any links on their blog, Twitter, FB, Bloglovin etc I followed/added you!!

Haha I was on your blog today after you followed through twitter! thanks for following :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

[SNIP]

Blog is going really well, didn't expect so many views or followers so soon!

But I wanted to ask one thing. A lot of blogs I have looked at review the latest, most expensive products and I really can't afford anything like that. Essence is my favourite brand but I feel like I review their products far too much and they are not available to everyone. I would love my blog to appeal to a wider audience, but looking at my blog do you think I review far too much budget products?

Also wanted to ask about blogger meet ups! I would love to go to one, how do you know when there are any meetups planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

[SNIP]

But I wanted to ask one thing. A lot of blogs I have looked at review the latest, most expensive products and I really can't afford anything like that. Essence is my favourite brand but I feel like I review their products far too much and they are not available to everyone. I would love my blog to appeal to a wider audience, but looking at my blog do you think I review far too much budget products?

Also wanted to ask about blogger meet ups! I would love to go to one, how do you know when there are any meetups planned?
    Please stop posting a link to your blog. Once is enough. You can put a link in your sig. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

[SNIP]

You probably know from mine anyway but I'll still answer :P Sure I only started with essence and catrice and I still post tonnes of them! All of the brands I frequently post are cheaper and not widely available outside of europe but that's what's available to me. It doesn't matter as long as you are happy with what you are posting. The price of something won't make it more popular and you'll still be the one paying for it and using it. Better of buying stuff you will actually use and can afford. No point going broke over it :) Plus everyone gets sick of seeing the same expensive brands over and over again. It's nice to have a budget friendly product.

Meetups are planned on twitter for the most part :P If you follow other irish girls and get to know them you'll know straight away when a meet up is going down :)

Thanks so much musical.x! It's just that everywhere I look it seems everyone is reviewing big names like Chanel and Mac, I could never afford anything like that! But I really believe that cheaper products are just as good. I just didn't realise there was as much an interest in them! I might actually try and incorporate some fashion into my blog, because that's what interests me too.

Meetups look like great craic, hope to meet you all someday! :D

Everyone likes a mixed bag, your blog won't suffer at all from reviewing cheaper products because everyone wants to know what cheaper products are good!

I'm lucky enough to get some expensive brands in for review and I buy the odd splurge item but most things I buy myself to review are lower end and don't suffer at all from being cheaper:)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Thanks so much musical.x! It's just that everywhere I look it seems everyone is reviewing big names like Chanel and Mac, I could never afford anything like that! But I really believe that cheaper products are just as good. I just didn't realise there was as much an interest in them! I might actually try and incorporate some fashion into my blog, because that's what interests me too.

Meetups look like great craic, hope to meet you all someday! :D

I think its great when bloggers review the cheaper brands because I certainly can't find afford chanel or Mac at the moment so it's great to see the cheaper brands reviewed to see if they are any good! love your blog by the way

As many of you know GFC will be useless come July as it's being dis-continued. It's annoying as I just followed a bunch of you if not all the other week. I'm not sure if you can link your blog feeds in this thread but if you can could you send me your bloglovin, hellocotton etc. links to me as I really want to keep following especially Irish blogs.

Thank you :)

I'll be doing a small blog post in awhile on what platforms I'll be using for my blog so if you're interested in following the links will be there.

I think you can import what blogs you follow via GFC on Bloglovin, which is what I did! I did not know that I even have a bloglovin link, lol! I just added a button on my page. Actually, I really like Bloglovin for reading blogs that I follow. plus there is a good App for it so I can look at it on my phone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

I think its great when bloggers review the cheaper brands because I certainly can't find afford chanel or Mac at the moment so it's great to see the cheaper brands reviewed to see if they are any good! love your blog by the way

I agree. I love seeing reviews of cheaper brands. I could not afford to consistently buy the expenxive brands. And personally I find that the cheaper brands are just as good, sometimes better!

I think you can import what blogs you follow via GFC on Bloglovin, which is what I did! I did not know that I even have a bloglovin link, lol! I just added a button on my page. Actually, I really like Bloglovin for reading blogs that I follow. plus there is a good App for it so I can look at it on my phone as well.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Girls how do ye feel about beauty blogs posting about stuff completely unrelated to beauty/make up?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Lynfo

I follow one or two blogs, but only to look at the pictures more than anything!

However, a friend of mine started one recently and I'm loving the way she tells it like it is, and goes for some cheaper stuff too rather than the expensive brand names.

FB linky here if anybody's interested: https://www.facebook.com/ThanksPenneysTenEuro?fref=ts

• Advertisement

Definitely don't want to alienate anyone with reviewing high end stuff but there's a very even mix on my site or at least I try to make sure there is!

ChloeElla wrote: »
    Girls how do ye feel about beauty blogs posting about stuff completely unrelated to beauty/make up?

I post about other topics other than beauty I think it's a great way for your users to get to know your other interests and general lifestyle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

SmokeyEyes and Ziegfeldgirl27 loving both your blogs!

Have followed you both, looking forward to hearing more :)

Wow, thank you unknowngirl! Really appreciate that! :D:D

Ah that's very sweet thanks for thinking so!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

What cameras do ye girls use make up on the lips and eye pictures ,or what would yer advice be on how to take the best picture . im been fairy busy lately so i Havant been posting but i intend to do a lot of HOW DO and FOTD posts but i cannot get pictures good enough. any help appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Bloglovin seems to be the place to go now doesn't it?!
    I'm there too, you can connect from my blog - have followed you all :)

Bloglovin seems to be the place to go now doesn't it?!
    I'm there too, you can connect from my blog - have followed you all :)

Pretty much, Hellocotton is also going now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hi Folks,

Since my most recent set of exams are now over and I have my life back for a while, I thought I would finally start up my own blog. It will primarily be about nails and beauty but also about other stuff I'm interested in - nerdy stuff like being an actuary and what that entails, travel, food, cats, etc.

The name is inspired by the phrase 'painting by numbers' and my love of nail related stuff and then my job of being an actuary which is very mathematical and numeric.

I just started it this evening, with help from my lovely boyfriend who designed it.

Hope people find it interesting! :)

http://www.nailsbynumbers.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Went through this thread and followed as many as possible via Twitter and Bloglovin. Some great work out there folks! Looking forward to all your updates.

I have managed about 5 posts by now, have lots of ideas for future posts too.

Advertisement