Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Beauty Bloggers. Mod note in Post 7

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I had gotten out of the habit of blogging regularly so I am doing #BEDM - Blog Every Day in May. It's tough but fun! I've also just updated my blogroll. There are so many great blogs out there, I know I have missed loads though!

Looks good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Can't wait to check out some of your blogs guys. Currently follow two blogs. Sosueme being one of them and must say I find things have gone really down hill. Used to really enjoy her blogs before she started posting up blatent advertisements of non beauty items she was clearly getting for free or heavily discounted, (cars/phone)
    Now looking for a good blog from a normal grounded blogger

Does anyone schedule their posts? I'm on Wordpress and have been looking at how to do it but I'm not sure I trust it to be reliable. Has anyone any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Does anyone schedule their posts? I'm on Wordpress and have been looking at how to do it but I'm not sure I trust it to be reliable. Has anyone any advice?

I'm in Wordpress but don't think I've actually ever used it! Firstly make sure in settings that the time on the site is set to Irish time, then you should be ok to do it!

• Advertisement

I'm currently doing #BEDM (Blog Every Day in May) and finding it great to get me back into the habit of writing each day, organising posts, pics etc.

Already thinking about June as I'm going to be quite sad when the current list ends. Does anyone know of any similar tags for June? Or would anyone be interested in doing one if I drew it up as I think I'm going to do my own list of topics for the month anyway!

Hey gals,

Just to say I've helped start a new weekly chat on twitter relating to beauty specific to Irish girls and want as many addicts as possible to get involved!

If you're familiar with the #bbloggers (beauty bloggers) chat that happens weekly on Twitter this is an Irish version for Irish beauty bloggers and any random makeup fanatics based in Ireland or Irish around the world who are on twitter.

We had the first one last night and it was a huge success, so much so the half hour chat time was deemed too short, so it's going to happen next Monday at 8.30-930pm and every Monday afterwards. It also trended No.1 in Ireland which was amazing!

We're also starting up a new Irish bloggers website where people will be able to vote on each week's topic although random beauty blather is always the name of the game! For now if you type in #irishbbloggers on twitter on Monday night you'll see everyone involved in the chat and learn more about the topic and if you'd like to know more tweet me @makeupmonster_ and I can let you know more details or just reply here!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Threads merged. Above was posted with mod permission.

Trying to think what to do for my 100th post! I'm also doing #JuneBBC so loads of posts going up on the blog & I'm loving it!

This thread has gone very quiet. Anyone have any new links? I've heard lots of speculation about GFC going so trying to make sure I add people to my Bloglovin reading list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

BLOG UPDATE

Hey everyone. My blog is going through a HUGE transformation of design, host and even domain so if you can't access my site it's because of the major work being done so it's not visible to the public.

I'm hoping to have it finished for Monday so I'll update you all.

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    BLOG UPDATE

Hey everyone. My blog is going through a HUGE transformation of design, host and even domain so if you can't access my site it's because of the major work being done so it's not visible to the public.

I'm hoping to have it finished for Monday so I'll update you all.

All sorted yet? are you doing the work yourself or have you someone doing it for you? I am useless at all that stuff!

I'm considering doing another blog challenge for July - I think I have lost the plot completely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

All sorted yet? are you doing the work yourself or have you someone doing it for you? I am useless at all that stuff!

I'm considering doing another blog challenge for July - I think I have lost the plot completely!

Loved all the June blog posts, major congrats for organising it all!

Pythia wrote: »
    Loved all the June blog posts, major congrats for organising it all!

Thanks a million!

My blog is a year old today... It flew by!!

Not quite.. I'm working on it right now :) Design is complete different and new domain is in place etc. It's just sorting out the itty bits really. Blog is becoming more of a general lifestyle blog with a beauty category rather than a full on beauty blog.

Okay so here it is :) I need to iron out a few more kinks but it's basically it.

Please let me know what you think and if I could improve/make it more user friendly I would really appreciate it :D

Website

Would also appreciate a follow on Bloglovin, I lost all my followers after the domain switch :)

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9908293

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Love to see so many Irish bloggers! I created a beauty blog but only created one post so far. I need to write a new post in the next day or two.

http://glitterspiceandthingsnice.blogspot.ie/

I ran a blog challenge in June and it was a great success. The girls that did it asked if I would run another so there's going to be another in September. All the details are on my blog already to give people time to prepare. The mods have said that it's okay if I post here in case anyone is interested in checking it out. The link to my blog is in my sig. Alternatively the hashtag #SBBC is being used on twitter or people can PM me for more details if they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 miss_marple

Hi everyone, I started a beauty blog a few days ago. Would really love some feedback, its on www.bthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Love all your blogs! I finally took the plunge and made one today.. Never thought it would be so hard to think of a name, still not happy with mine! Planning on getting a Facebook page and maybe a YouTube channel (:eek:) eventually too, once I get over how awkward and awful sounding I would be on camera!

Here it is :)www.BeautyWithBrushes.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 efaaries91

Hi i just started blogging about four days ago ...but its nothing to do with beauty sorry but i would be really appreciative for a follow or just tell me what you think of it :)mod snip .....thank you and of course ill start following you too so i can learn a thing or two :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

efaaries91, as per the thread title and the forum, this is only for Beauty.

Just wondering if anyone has tips on how and where to promote your blog/facebook pages?I feel like I'm just spamming my Facebook and twitter feeds ATM :o
    I am genuinely doing this for the love of it, but without any promotion or sharing I may as well be writing in a personal diary!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has tips on how and where to promote your blog/facebook pages?I feel like I'm just spamming my Facebook and twitter feeds ATM :o
    I am genuinely doing this for the love of it, but without any promotion or sharing I may as well be writing in a personal diary!

Add it to your boards signature. Then also comment on other people's blogs, but not in a spammy way.

Pythia wrote: »
    Add it to your boards signature. Then also comment on other people's blogs, but not in a spammy way.

Also joining in on the #bbloggers chat every Sunday night and #irishbbloggers chat every Monday night is a good way to get your blog out there more!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

Heyy, I started a beauty and style blog a few weeks ago there. I wanted to make sure I could keep up to it before I started sharing it around but I've been good and stuck to my schedule as much as possible :DHere it is, I hope you like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I've been thinking of starting a fashion/beauty blog for a while and would appreciate some advice! Where to start for example? Wordpress, somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Novella wrote: »
    I've been thinking of starting a fashion/beauty blog for a while and would appreciate some advice! Where to start for example? Wordpress, somewhere else?

When you get it up and running, post a link here. I love seeing your posts and would love to read your blog! :)

PS: I'm not a creep! :o

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »

I use blogger and quite like it! Nice layouts etc.

My main frustration with it is I tend to blog on yay iPad and the app they have, while lovely, doesn't have the same formatting options for blog posts.. You can't link from it, can't change writing etc to be centered and can't schedule posts on it! And the website itself is slightly temperamental on iPad when trying to add in these edits..

Does anyone else find this?

Advertisement