Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Waterford united v Cork city

Waterford lost 4-1 away to bray on wed night.

Have to fancy cork in the r.s.c tonight.

Cork 19/20 with bet365......was 6/5 last night

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dont make any bets on Dordrecht tonight. Their match is postponed after their (former) manager passed away last night.

For tomorrow, keep an eye on Locadia of PSV. Scored a hat trick this week vs Zwolle and with lens suspended and Matavz not starting against Zwolle he is likely to start against VVV.
    With goals/assist he has been involved in a goal every 31 minutes this season. Scored a hat trick away at VVV already. Has over 20 goals in 14 matches for the PSV reserves as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont make any bets on Dordrecht tonight. Their match is postponed after their (former) manager passed away last night.

For tomorrow, keep an eye on Locadia of PSV. Scored a hat trick this week vs Zwolle and with lens suspended and Matavz not starting against Zwolle he is likely to start against VVV.
    With goals/assist he has been involved in a goal every 31 minutes this season. Scored a hat trick away at VVV already. Has over 20 goals in 14 matches for the PSV reserves as well.

What ya think of vit tonight?

Headshot wrote: »
    What ya think of vit tonight?

Bony.

6 in 3 after the ACON.

And then i checked who they were playing :D

Vitesse must win but Utrecht cant really afford to lose either. Just the kind of match where a player with something special will be the deciding factor. Utrecht will most likely score too. So Vitesse to win &over 2,5

But i think i ll just go for Bony 2 or more

Friday matches have been going unders a lot though, apart from when Heracles was involved in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

The Estonian league is back and there MIGHT be a fixed game on the very first round!

Sillamae Kalev @ 1.80

The odds on Sillamae opened @ 3.20 and the game has been pulled from a few bookies! Sillamae and Trans are two teams from the Russian-speaking regions in Estonia and they're known for fixing games. On paper Sillamae seem stronger anyway, they signed players from the Belarussian, Lithuanian and Latvian premier leagues and they also have a few Estonian internationals. Trans on the other hand signed some players from the Russian 3rd division and have a 40-year-old defender.

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/estonia/meistriliiga-2013/narva-sillamae-kalev-1563658/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm all over Watford at 6/5 today against Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I wouldn't bank on it after last year

He was never the right man for that job, he's flaky, blame your board for that appointment. He'll do well in a one-club town with little or no pressure, same way he did at Derry.

Dundalk won 4 games out of 30 last season, he doesn't have to do much to improve significantly on that and they are building a decent enough squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Under 2.5 goals Napoli v Juventus (8/11)
    Napoli have a serious goals for record at home but in their last 4 games have failed to hit the back of the net once. Juventus have the best defence in the Serie A so its a hard game for Napoli to get back to scoring ways. Napoli too have a very solid defence the 2nd best in the league not too far behind Juve. This is a real title decider game, just 6 points separates the two at the top so it really is a must win game for the two teams, a win for Juve puts them 9 points clear and a win for Napoli leaves just a one game gap for the title. I expect this factor to show tonight, both teams know they cannot lose and most probably will play accordingly. Napoli have a brilliant record against Juve also, in the last 5 league meetings in Napoli they won 4 so despite their recent form this should be a very hard fought tight game. Hoping here the two defences come up trumps, I dont think the Juve Celtic match in 5 days will factor what so ever in the game, Juventus will be completely focused on tonights must win game.

Watford to score 2 or more goals Wolves v Watford (10/11)
    Watford on a great run of late and scoring plenty of goals, away they have averaged over 2 per league game this year and have scored 2 or more goals in each of their past 5 games. They should have no problems scoring so it would seem against a dismal wolves team who have just kept 2 clean sheets in their 18 home games this season. Watford have scored 2 or more goals in 11 of their past 13 games in all competitions they only time they failed to score 2 was against Manchester City in the F.A. Cup and a league game against Bristol. Wolves have conceded exactly 2 goals in each of their 3 last home games and 5 of their past 6 games.

Double pays just over 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Ok couple of ones i'm looking at for the weekend

Chelsea and under 3.5 @13/10

IMO despite the troubles at the club Chelsea should win this one, West Brom just not great away from home and this time they have no Lukaku so they will struggle to score I think. Chelsea should eek out a narrow win here, getting 13/10 on the win under 3.5 is a great improvement on the 2/5 offered on straight win.

Santi Corzola anytime @ 5/2 NLD's often very open affairs, Corzola has been in great recent form scoring 3 in his last 2 Prem games.

Steven Caulker anytime @ 9/1 Pains me to say it an an Arsenal fan, but everytime I see spurs play Caulker is a big danger from free kicks/corners....should of had two on monday. Arsenal hugely vulnerable for set pieces so could be worth a small stake. (I won't be backing this for obvious reasons)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

jkelly85 wrote: »

Looks like a good bet, will wait for City team to see if they have 2 up front and a decent team.

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    Bony.

6 in 3 after the ACON.

And then i checked who they were playing :D

Vitesse must win but Utrecht cant really afford to lose either. Just the kind of match where a player with something special will be the deciding factor. Utrecht will most likely score too. So Vitesse to win &over 2,5

But i think i ll just go for Bony 2 or more

Friday matches have been going unders a lot though, apart from when Heracles was involved in them.

Can you Believe I was also thinking of bony but the ****e odds put me off. Instead iv gone for vit win and over 2.5 goals @6/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

Gone for

Over 2.5 goals in Derby vs Palace game @ Evs

Watford to score over 1.5 goals away to Wolves @ 21/20

Friday match might have Dutch goalscorers in play. I am pretty sure i have seen live gs markets for Holland in the past.
    Not surprised to see **** odds on him. Think i had him for 2 last week @3.5

Bit of stats for Vitesse - Utrecht

27x been played: 20H - 5D - 2A Goals:56/26

Utrecht has scored at least 1 goals in the last 13 H2H home and away)

Last 6 home matches this season for Vitesse W4-3D scoring 4 - 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 2 goals

Als just read confirmation about Locadia starting for PSV tomorrow. matavz still out with the flu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

jkelly85 wrote: »

JLoftus wrote: »
    Looks like a good bet, will wait for City team to see if they have 2 up front and a decent team.

Cork play Crusaders on monday setanta cup so would wait to see Cork team first

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

2 Single bets i like over the weekend

Wigan v Liverpool
    Over 11 Corners 1/1

Tottenham v Arsenal
    Over 12 Corners 6/5

50 on Locadia anytime scorer at 10/11

Pity I dont have a betvictor account 5/4 with them

Didnt even know betvictor did GS on the Dutch league.
    Good to know because i pass on those bets too often because of the low odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Just priced up an accum on btts in the following

Madrid v Barca
    Swansea v Newcastle
    Spurs v Arsenal
    Man Utd v Real Madrid

4.25/1 on Paddy Power, probably better odds elsewhere also.

Last weekend was a great weekend for both teams to score market in the Spanish Primera and German Bundesliga, each team playing on Saturday in both leagues scored at least once. I think there was only 4 matches between both leagues in total over all the weekend without both teams scoring.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It's not a bet I do much myself, I understand people are winning on it and I wouldn't deny that, but surely the bookies are getting hammered on this to the extent that they are now offering awfully short odds in certain games?

Does anyone ever back the "No"? Probably hard to win consistently on for the same reasons as people are winning on the "Yes" - good defenders are in short supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Southampton v Q.P.R.

Going to have a small sized bet on Southampton to win to nil. I said it last week against Utd but QPR are absolutely hopeless going forward, if Taarabt is kept quiet they have nobody else to create and I think Southampton press really well so I can see them getting tight on him quick and limiting his effectiveness.

I like Southampton to win to nil at 19/10. QPR have managed just 3 league goals in 2013 (7 games) and they have kept Everton out recently. I might do the lambert wincast too as I really think Southampton will win this game.
    Southampton to win to nil 19/10
    Lambert to score and Southampton to win 19/10

• Advertisement

what a ****ing disgraceful pricing by Boyles
    Dear Headshot
    I am contacting you with regard to a price you requested for Jenkinson to be booked any time for Arsenal.
    The Trading Department have quoted a price of 5/6 for this - You can take this price via the call centre if you wish to bet on it.
    If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I thought since Sagna is out injured, id get a great price on Jenkins and this is what I get!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

I fancy Southampton to beat QPR as well this weekend. Lambert is in great form. I was also looking at Getafe as a possibility for tonight at around evens against Zaragoza. I think that BTTS could also come in for the all Basque Osasuna v Bilbao match tomorrow also.

Bateman I could count on one hand the amount of times I've put a 'no' bet on for btts, very rare. I have done it very recently however with Man City since Yaya returned. Trust them more to keep a clean sheet at home with him (even though he's not a defender!)

Headshot wrote: »
    50 on Locadia anytime scorer at 10/11

Pity I dont have a betvictor account 5/4 with them

Read confirmation Locadia will start

Bets i did:
    1 goal @1.9
    2 or more @5.5
    Hat trick @19

Potential profit from the any time divided over the 2 and hat trick so if he scores 1 goal, i will just have my stakes back.

For tonight:
    Bony 2 or more @3.25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

who does he play for ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

rossit wrote: »
    who does he play for ,

PSV

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

rossit wrote: »
    who does he play for ,

PSV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Watford look a very nice price away at struggling Wolves.... 2.10 on Paddy...

Tempted to lump on but I'm gonna attack it with a smaller stake. 20 Bills

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Keano! wrote: »
    Watford look a very nice price away at struggling Wolves.... 2.10 on Paddy...

Tempted to lump on but I'm gonna attack it with a smaller stake. 20 Bills

I did the same in a double with BTTS in Vitesse vs Utrecht ... got a very nice 3.6 from Betvictor

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Any value in Serie A tonight? Napoli are in a real rut at the moment and Juve can almost certainly bag the league if they win (I know there’s a long way to go but still.....).

Think I’ll take Juve to win @ better than evens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement