Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Not a good today so far with Leeds messing up, had a 20 euro freebet so threw it on Ath. Madrid over 6 corners at evens against valladolid! Here's hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

The ref in the Real Madred match later looks very strict

http://www.soccerway.com/referees/jos-paradas-romero/63238/

over 6 yellows is 1/1 or asain over 6 is 4/5 both with bet365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Espanyol are a lay tonight at about evens. Squad a bit thin with injuries suspensions/player returning from Africa late. Betis have actually picked up more points in their 11 away game than Espanyol have in their 12 home ones. Betis have the 2nd best away record in the league despite playing a game or two games less than most sides. Espanyol should be about 2.4-2.5 tonight imo so advise to bet accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone have any thoughts on the Real Madrid match? Would like a few second opinions as unfortunately I always have faith in Madrid for some reason... too much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

****ty line up for PSG... Chantome on the right wing (wtf?!), Van der Wiel at right back, it's best to steer clear of PSG tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Espanyol are a lay tonight at about evens. Squad a bit thin with injuries suspensions/player returning from Africa late. Betis have actually picked up more points in their 11 away game than Espanyol have in their 12 home ones. Betis have the 2nd best away record in the league despite playing a game or two games less than most sides. Espanyol should be about 2.4-2.5 tonight imo so advise to bet accordingly.
    I had a few quid on Betis at 15 to 8 dnb pp so i hope you reasoning is sound.

Real Madrid XI: Diego López; Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Coentrão; Essien, Khedira; Özil, Kaká, Cristiano Ronaldo; Morata.

Although they do concede quite often and I don't trust Diego Lopez at all, BTTS No @6/5 and to win to nil @13/10 are both too high for me so will be taking some of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Munster46

Well lads, i'm just wondering is there any sites that have a free bet without depositing other than skybet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Went for over 7 cards in the Madrid game. Ref looks strict and vallecano seem to pick up a few cards themselves. Hoping for a dirty game :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

****ty line up for PSG... Chantome on the right wing (wtf?!), Van der Wiel at right back, it's best to steer clear of PSG tonight.

the one team i need to win to complete accum:mad:

pretty worried about this now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Howjoe1 wrote: »

Team looks strong to me! Am I missing something?? Ibra Lavezzi & Pastore alone should be enough fire power against Sochoux. I'm waiting on PSG as well but I'm confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Gonna go with a cards bet in the Real Madrid match....

Real Madrid Over 20 booking points 13/10

Pepe, Ramos, Ozil, all on, so has a chance of coming in, and i think its a good price.

€20 on that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Fancy Ozil anytime 11/8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Howjoe1 wrote: »

You need Pastore to have a good game then, Chantome is a very average central midfielder, no idea what he's doing on the right wing. Sochaux are good at home, if PSG don't get an early goal, this game could finish 1-0 or 2-1 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

shocksy wrote: »
    Real Madrid Over 20 booking points 13/10

Pepe, Ramos, Ozil, all on, so has a chance of coming in, and i think its a good price.

€20 on that

Boom :D

In after 18 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Went for over 7 cards in the Madrid game. Ref looks strict and vallecano seem to pick up a few cards themselves. Hoping for a dirty game :P

Good man Pepe.

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Real Madrid XI: Diego López; Ramos, Pepe, Varane, Coentrão; Essien, Khedira; Özil, Kaká, Cristiano Ronaldo; Morata.

Although they do concede quite often and I don't trust Diego Lopez at all, BTTS No @6/5 and to win to nil @13/10 are both too high for me so will be taking some of that.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Been a great week, hopefully as good next week
    Man Utd v Reading
    I expect Utd to win this game. Reading have doubts over Kebe who has been very influential in recent weeks, and with a huge game against Wigan at the weekend you wonder will McDermott be tempted to rest a few players. Utd will shuffle the pack to but I think the squad depth is impressive and they should have enough especially at home with their outstanding record.
    What is interesting though, and I have mentioned this before is Utd just tend to do enough at times. They have won a lot of games by just a one goal margin, with 18 of their 28 victories in all competitons being by just a one goal margin. (It was a one goal margin in their league meeting)
    Having not started the last two games I would be astounded if Hernandez is not involved from the start tomorrow. Looking through his goals scored this season he has tended to fair well against the weaker teams (7 of his 8 league goals have been against teams in the bottom 5) and he found two goals in the 4th round against Fulham, his last start for the club.
    Hernandez wincast 5/6
    Utd to win by a goal 16/5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Isco and Jackson Martinez to score anytime

What do you think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Shane St. wrote: »
    Having not started the last two games I would be astounded if Hernandez is not involved from the start tomorrow. Looking through his goals scored this season he has tended to fair well against the weaker teams (7 of his 8 league goals have been against teams in the bottom 5) and he found two goals in the 4th round against Fulham, his last start for the club.
    Hernandez wincast 5/6

There are better prices out there for him to score anytime that I might get involved in.

I'd worry for Reading here.They only played on Saturday and have a massive game next week vs Wigan.Mcdermott's main priority is the league,Yeah going to OT's a big occasion and all his players will want to savor taking on a team like Utd in their back yard,But you have to wonder how their legs will fare after an hour or so.
    Even though their only meeting lately had 7 1st half goals,I think this will be tighter due to it being a cup tie(Utd have conceded 1 goal in 5 FA cup games @OT).In the 2nd half I see Utd overrunning Reading who'll be knackered at that point.So I'm going to have a bit of most goals 2nd half @2.1 and over 2.5 goals in the 2nd half @3(This is 3.4 on Coral but I don't have an account with them).

Coral also have some decent looking markets for home team goals overs/unders in the 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

bradlente wrote: »
    There are better prices out there for him to score anytime that I might get involved in.

I'd worry for Reading here.They only played on Saturday and have a massive game next week vs Wigan.Mcdermott's main priority is the league,Yeah going to OT's a big occasion and all his players will want to savor taking on a team like Utd in their back yard,But you have to wonder how their legs will fare after an hour or so.
    Even though their only meeting lately had 7 1st half goals,I think this will be tighter due to it being a cup tie(Utd have conceded 1 goal in 5 FA cup games @OT).In the 2nd half I see Utd overrunning Reading who'll be knackered at that point.So I'm going to have a bit of most goals 2nd half @2.1 and over 2.5 goals in the 2nd half @3(This is 3.4 on Coral but I don't have an account with them).

Coral also have some decent looking markets for home team goals overs/unders in the 2nd half.

they haven't played since the 9th and a week should be enough time to prepare for Wigan

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Shane St. wrote: »
    they haven't played since the 9th and a week should be enough time to prepare for Wigan

Where did they play on Saturday? On FIFA? :P

Jesus I really need to pay more attention to what I'm doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

Jesus I really need to pay more attention to what I'm doing!

You're grand not all of us rudely harass people who aren't 100% on something as small as that on Boards.ie ;) Plenty people on other forums that would needlessly destroy you for the sake of their personal esteem

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    You're grand not all of us rudely harass people who aren't 100% on something as small as that on Boards.ie ;) Plenty people on other forums that would needlessly destroy you for the sake of their personal esteem

The harassment does help prevent it happening again though,Which is no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Any thoughts of the setanta cup games today ? I'm specifically looking at both teams to score.

Cliftonville v Cork City 4/6
    Coleraine v Shamrock Rovers 4/6
    Glentoran v St Patrick's Athletic 4/6
    Portadown v Drogheda United 4/7

Also
    United v Reading 4/6
    Siena v Lazio 4/5

Might do something involving some of these or may just wait for Tue/Wed games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Can someone help me please. The 'Multi corners' bet I presume is, both teams corners combined, yes? I see PaddyPower have 'Multicorners under 30.5' @ 8/11 which is a fantastic bet if I right in presuming what it means, seeing as between them both they've only ever managed over 9 corners in a game 5 times this season with United averaging 5.6 corners a game. Surely I'm messing or am wrong about something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

gstack166 wrote: »
    Can someone help me please. The 'Multi corners' bet I presume is, both teams corners combined, yes? I see PaddyPower have 'Multicorners under 30.5' @ 8/11 which is a fantastic bet if I right in presuming what it means, seeing as between them both they've only ever managed over 9 corners in a game 5 times this season with United averaging 5.6 corners a game. Surely I'm messing or am wrong about something?

Cant be sure, but as far as i remember, its 1st half x 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

gstack166 wrote: »

From what I can see they offer "Home Team Multi Corner" & "Away Team Multi Corner" therefore one would assume "Multi Corner" is both home and away combined.

Having said that making assumptions is not always a good idea ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tempted by Over 2.5 goals and Over 11 corners at 8/5 in the United game....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement