Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ngoo first goalscorer for Hearts at home *assuming he starts should be a worthwhile punt. @3.75
    anytime @2.29

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

What about Rhodes to score anytime @ 3.00 vs Arsenal? Arsenal are a joke this season and Rhodes has scored 18 goals this season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What about Rhodes to score anytime @ 3.00 vs Arsenal? Arsenal are a joke this season and Rhodes has scored 18 goals this season.

Waiting ten minutes till I see the Arsenal team...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Excellent price that given the fact Arsenal are missing a few first team defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Arsenal team

Szczesny, Coquelin, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Diaby, Rosicky, Arteta, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud

Gonna take Rhodes anytime myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Giroud anytime at 20/21 looks good to me, scores alot of goals at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Never said it wasn't buddy!

one half of that double aint gonna cover our saturday nite then :)

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Giroud anytime at 20/21 looks good to me, scores alot of goals at home.

should be scoring a lot more
    fecker cost me last couple of times but you should
    be ok today as im not on it :pac:

the big 4 of arse, chels, manc and manu at 5/4 looks like
    a good thing
    which one will let me down if i go in though? (my guess is arse)

rhodes anytime looks as good as any so ill follow you guys (2s)

small stake on bburn +3 1/3 leeds +3 4/6 brentford +3 8/11 reading +3 4/9

works out at 9/2 (365)
    i'd rather be on these than manc -2 v leeds or arse -2 v bburn but i'm sure one
    of this lot might get hammerred
    utd will only do what they have to i think, same with city
    as for the other two, arse could win or lose and chels played on thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Oldham vs Everton: I can see Oldham getting a goal from a set piece here. Everton should score too and this bet has been covered in 11 out of 13 of Evertons last away games. BTTS @ 1.94

Granada vs Barca: There are usually over 3.5 goals in the Barca games. However Granada have been tight at the back with 4 clean sheets in their last 5 games. I can't see them keeping Barca out for 90 minutes though it may not be a game for over 3.5. Barca haven't kept a clean sheet in their last 6 away games. Therefore I am going to take BTTS @ 1.9

Two singles and a double @ 3.24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

2 big derby games in belfast today gone with over 2.5 goals in both games

Double
    Crusaders v Cliftonville 8/13
    Glentoran v Linfield 4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

6 draws in serie b today u can make a lot on this league if u like to back a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Going with the following
    Cardiff/Barry Town @evns
    Yeovil/Grimsby @ just over evens
    Small stake on Dundee Utd dnb at Celtic 5/1

Boom Boom and fuuck. Happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I like the look of +2.5 goals in Bastia/Nice this evening @ evens. 75% of Bastia games have gone over 2.5 this season, with over 50% of Nice's also. Nice have managed at least 1 away goal in 9 of their last 10 aways. My only reservation is Bastia drawing a blank @ home in their last 2 games, and generally you'd like both teams to contribute when yer looking for +2.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Everton Team : Howard, Neville, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Osman, Pienaar, Gibson, Fellaini, Anichebe, Jelavic

Strong Everton team..............Jelavic due a goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

What do people think of Fellani to score and Everton to win at 6/4

after todays results i'm thinking theres worse bets out there
    than leeds and draw at 7/2 v city tomorrow
    brentford and draw 9/2, reading and draw 3/1
    you would think chelsea would take care of brentford and
    utd to do the same v reading

have to stick a fiver on the leeds and draw at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Drogmal wrote: »
    Oldham vs Everton: I can see Oldham getting a goal from a set piece here. Everton should score too and this bet has been covered in 11 out of 13 of Evertons last away games. BTTS @ 1.94

Granada vs Barca: There are usually over 3.5 goals in the Barca games. However Granada have been tight at the back with 4 clean sheets in their last 5 games. I can't see them keeping Barca out for 90 minutes though it may not be a game for over 3.5. Barca haven't kept a clean sheet in their last 6 away games. Therefore I am going to take BTTS @ 1.9

Two singles and a double @ 3.24

Major profits to be pissed up against some wall tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Are there any matches with really long odds on tomorrow with paddy power can't seem to find any

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Are there any matches with really long odds on tomorrow with paddy power can't seem to find any

Man City
    And judging by your previous posts trying to build a bank backing long odds on shots will fail, eventually.
    Theres no easy money in this game.

• Advertisement

Bastia DNB @ 1.70 (vs Nice)

I can't see Bastia lose this game cuz:
    - it's a big derby (they haven't lost a derby this season)
    - Bastia will finally play in their own stadium... their last home game was 3 months ago ! (they had a stadium ban)
    - they have very passionate supporters and there should be a great atmosphere in the stadium after 3 months without a game in Bastia
    - there will be no Nice supporters in the stadium (for safety reasons)
    - Nice are without their topscorer Cvitanich, as well as their regular right back and right winger. No important missings for Bastia

Bet of the week for me, I'd be very surprised if Bastia lost this game.

Nice won 1-0 thanks to a ****ing offside goal, I'm really gutted... taking a break from betting :mad:

hors_jeu.jpg

On Bwin, the odds on anytime goalscorers in Real Sociedad vs Levante are the same as the odds on 1st/last goalscorers!! it's obviously a mistake from their part but I don't mind :p

to score anytime:
    Vela @ 4.75
    Agirretxe @ 5.50
    Griezmann @ 5.50
    Castro @ 7.00

those are the 4 players who usually get on the score sheet for Real Sociedad!

Levante's 2 best goalscorers:
    Martins @ 9.00
    Barkero @ 14.00

with my luck though, the game's gonna finish 0-0 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

On Bwin, the odds on anytime goalscorers in Real Sociedad vs Levante are the same as the odds on 1st/last goalscorers!! it's obviously a mistake from their part but I don't mind :p

to score anytime:
    Vela @ 4.75
    Agirretxe @ 5.50
    Griezmann @ 5.50
    Castro @ 7.00

those are the 4 players who usually get on the score sheet for Real Sociedad!

Levante's 2 best goalscorers:
    Martins @ 9.00
    Barkero @ 14.00

with my luck though, the game's gonna finish 0-0 :pac:

Will they pay out if your bet is successful or will they just void the bet once they realise? I have not got a bwin account but tempted to join to avail of this

Fonze07 wrote: »
    Will they pay out if your bet is successful or will they just void the bet once they realise? I have not got a bwin account but tempted to join to avail of this

I'm not sure tbh, this has never happened to me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

It might have been a good idea to keep that to yourself Las,If an abnormal amount of bets go down on that they'll surely pick up on it before morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hey las dont go anywhere mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Experiencing a bit of insomnia so I'm going to find a few bets for tomorrow:

Real Sociedad v Levante
    Sociedad are on a decent run of form (unbeaten in 5) and have won 3 of their last 4 at home (including a win over Barcelona). Levante meanwhile are on a poor run of league form (lost 4 of last 5) and the last 4 games on the road. They did win in the Europa League against Olympiakos but you wonder how much that has taken out of them.
    They have struggled scoring goals away from home all season and have a joint division low of 8 goals from their 12 away games(failing to score in 3 of their last 4 away). Sociedad have a good defensive record at home (only 8 goals conceded in their 12 home games).
    So my bets on this game:
    Sociedad to win 7/10
    Sociedad to win with a clean sheet 17/10

Chelsea v Brentford
    You would expect Chelsea will have no problems seeing off Brentford at home however the prices reflect these expectations and I don't fancy getting involved in the handicap market here either.
    However i like the look of an Oscar wincast. He came off to bench to score a good goal against Sparta in midweek so I expect him to start here. He also scored in the original tie.
    Oscar to score and Chelsea to win 8/5

Liverpool v Swansea
    I know we all know about Liverpool's woes and they are generally to be avoided. However and I'll be waiting for the team news but I fancy them to bounce back here. They had been playing very impressively and probably should have beaten both Arsenal and Man City. On another day they would have beaten West Brom and I think they really missed Sturridge against West Brom.
    Their home form has been generally very good, WBA result aside they had won 5 of the previous 6 at Anfield. I think when the pressure is off they generally play well, it seems to be when they build up momentum that they get these really disappointing results (Aston Villa and WBA).
    Swansea have been excellent all season but they have struggled on the road of late (failed to score in 5 of last 6 on the road). Chico Flores who has been a very important defender is missing and with the League Cup final next week (they are big favorites) I think they might have one eye on that. I will wait for team news but if Sturridge and Suarez both start I will be doing a Sturridge wincast. Has scored in 3 of his four league games and he was outstanding in his last game against Man City
    Sturridge to score and Liverpool to win 15/8

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    KSC Lokeren v Club Brugge
    KSC Lokeren: Barry (19/0 first goalkeeper), Mokulu Tembe (20/6 f), Leko (20/3 m), Taravel (16/1 d), Patosi (22/7 m), Sağlık (24/1 m) (all doubtful), Gueye (7/1 d)
    Club Brugge: Jorgačević (12/0 g), Larsen (9/0 d), Tchite (19/5 f), Meunier (10/4 m), Blondel (14/1 m)
    pick 2

FC Sochaux v Paris St. Germain
    FC Sochaux: Prcic (0/0 m), Doubaï (8/2 m), Cros (4/0 g), Mikari (8/1 d), Contout (18/0 f), Peybernes (16/0 d), Carlao (9/0 m)
    Paris St. Germain: Thiago Silva (15/0 d), Thiago Motta (10/1 m), Ménez (21/2 m), Lucas (5/0 m)
    pick 2

Fiorentina v Inter Milano
    Fiorentina: Camporese (0/0 d), Mati Fernandez (15/0 m) (both doubtful), Rossi (0/0 f), Hegazi (1/0 d)
    Inter Milano: Samuel (13/1 d), Chivu (5/1 d) (both doubtful), Castellazzi (2/0 g), Mudingayi (9/0 m), Obi (2/0 m), Milito (20/9 f)
    pick 1

Valencia CF v Real Mallorca
    Valencia CF: Albelda (8/0 m), Mathieu (3/0 d), Banega (16/1 m)
    Real Mallorca: Geromel (19/1 d), Alvaro (1/0 f), A. López (7/0 d) (all doubtful), Joao Víctor (7/0 m), Bigas (16/1 f), Arizmendi (14/1 f)
    pick 1

Real Valladolid v Atlético Madrid
    Real Valladolid: Sereno (14/0 d), Víctor Pérez (17/3 m), Ebert (15/5 m), Valiente (18/0 d)
    Atlético Madrid: -
    pick 2

SD Huesca v CD Lugo
    SD Huesca: Rubén Párraga (0/0 d)
    CD Lugo: Seoane (24/0 m), Quiroga (3/1 f), Rubén Durán (16/1 m), Fran Pérez (10/0 d), Iván Pérez (8/0 m)
    pick 1

FC Thun v Servette FC
    FC Thun: Hediger (14/0 m), Cassio (10/1 f)
    Servette FC: Grippo (9/0 m), Moubandje (9/0 d), Moutinho (6/0 m), Pizzinat (7/0 m), Kusunga (13/0 d), Pasche (19/1 m)
    pick 1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Whats the thinkings on corner bets today?

Chelsea game is evens at Over 12. City is evens for Over 11.

• Advertisement

bradlente wrote: »
    It might have been a good idea to keep that to yourself Las,If an abnormal amount of bets go down on that they'll surely pick up on it before morning.

well they still haven't corrected their mistake so it's fine :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement