Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone got any views on Huddersfield Wigan later? Huddersfield havent lost at home since December 1st. Mostly draws though but looking at Wigans predicted team in the paper this i only recognise about 5 players. Wigan never take the cup seriously so thinking a decent bet on Huddersfield 5/4 dnb

Small treble of Chelsea -1, Man C, Napoli. If it wins i'll go strong on the above bet depending on team news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats the thinkings on corner bets today?

Chelsea game is evens at Over 12. City is evens for Over 11.

I was looking at their stats, Chelsea do not force very many corners. Typically around 7 a game, how many will Brentford force I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Las, what are your thoughts on the PSG match later?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

ConorCBS wrote: »

Have a accumulater with them. They'll probably make a balls of it knowing my look!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I don't see city hammering leeds and think leeds +3 at 8/11
    looks like a decent price
    big bet on that for me
    small bet on leeds and draw at 4s
    and while i'm at it a couple of euro on leeds at 16s :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

mailburner wrote: »
    I don't see city hammering leeds and think leeds +3 at 8/11
    looks like a decent price
    big bet on that for me
    small bet on leeds and draw at 4s
    and while i'm at it a couple of euro on leeds at 16s :)

Think i'll be following you on that +3. Cheers for highlighting it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

On Bwin, the odds on anytime goalscorers in Real Sociedad vs Levante are the same as the odds on 1st/last goalscorers!! it's obviously a mistake from their part but I don't mind :p

to score anytime:
    Vela @ 4.75
    Agirretxe @ 5.50
    Griezmann @ 5.50
    Castro @ 7.00

those are the 4 players who usually get on the score sheet for Real Sociedad!

Levante's 2 best goalscorers:
    Martins @ 9.00
    Barkero @ 14.00

with my luck though, the game's gonna finish 0-0 :pac:

Did they pay out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Swansea playing a weakened team

Vorm, Tiendalli, Bartley, Monk , Davies, Britton, Agustien, De Guzman, Hernandez, Lamah, Shechter

Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Coutinho, Downing, Sturridge, Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for over 12 corners in the pool game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Headshot wrote: »
    Gone for over 12 corners in the pool game

Liverpool race to 9 corners 11/10?

• Advertisement

Is there only about 4 regulars in that Swansea team?? Liverpool at 4/9 has to be a banker and even -1 at 11/10. And i hate the Pool both betting wise and football wise but surely its too good a price to turn down??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is there only about 4 regulars in that Swansea team?? Liverpool at 4/9 has to be a banker and even -1 at 11/10. And i hate the Pool both betting wise and football wise but surely its too good a price to turn down??

I wouldn't say a banker unless you know the standard of the Swansea 2nd team. They have all their big players on the bench as well which is something you might want to take into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Fonze07 wrote: »
    Did they pay out?

Not only did they pay out but most of the other bets (except for Griezmann and Martins) were voided! Happy days :)

Blatter wrote: »
    I wouldn't say a banker unless you know the standard of the Swansea 2nd team. They have all their big players on the bench as well which is something you might want to take into account.

No one will want to get injured either though with the final next week. Fair enough a few reserve players might think a good performance could get them in the team for next week but even still i cant see the Pool not winning easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

magherakid wrote: »
    Liverpool race to 9 corners 11/10?

Looks even better. Pity its didn't spot that. It's the disadvantages of using a tablet

I'll have a look at the squads etc later, can't right now.

Have went with a double of Pool 4/9 and Huddersfield dc 4/7

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Karapetyan

Liverpool to win both halves, 11/4 on Stan James.

They've no corner markets for this game which very annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

AH92 wrote: »
    Think i'll be following you on that +3. Cheers for highlighting it out :)

Was ALWAYS a stupid bet that.

gstack166 wrote: »
    Was ALWAYS a stupid bet that.

isn't hindsight a great thing?

• Advertisement

isn't hindsight a great thing?

Of course, but City were never going to play as bad as they did against Lpool & Southampton for a 3rd week running. Leeds are brutal also.

Of course, but City were never going to play as bad as they did against Lpool & Southampton for a 3rd week running. Leeds are brutal also.

opinions are welcome here but much more so beforehand

opinions are welcome here but much more so beforehand

Seeing as I had City backed -2 I didn't want to jinx it for myself. There I've said it. (Cue a Leeds goal any second).

Seeing as I had City backed -2 I didn't want to jinx it for myself. There I've said it. (Cue a Leeds goal any second).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83256356#post83256356

Roberto Martinez hands a second FA Cup start to Spanish goalkeeper Joel Robles, Callum McManaman, Fraser Fyvie and Roman Golobart are all drafted in to start, with a strong bench including Franco Di Santo, Shaun Maloney and James McCarthy.

Huddersfield: Smithies, Woods, Gerrard, P. Clarke, Hunt, Arfield, Clayton, Atkinson, Scannell, Danns, Lee
    Subs: Bennett, Dixon, Norwood, Novak, Gobern, Vaughan, Lynch

Latics: Robles, Kone, Gomez, McManaman, McArthur, Espinoza, Fyvie, Stam, Golobart, Figueroa, Scharner
    Subs: Al Habsi, Boyce, Beausejour, McCarthy, Maloney, Di Santo, Henriquez

PSG are without Lucas and Menez so the wingers should be Pastore & Lavezzi with Gameiro up front alongside Ibra. Pastore is very inconsistent... I'd have been more confident about PSG winning if Lucas or Menez were in the team.
    Sochaux play attacking football but they suck, they said they're not gonna play with 10 men behind the ball tonight... which should help PSG cuz they're deadly on the counter attack.
    Sochaux are kinda hard to beat at home but - IF - PSG take this game seriously they should easily beat Sochaux. Gameiro anytime @ 3.00 could be a good bet.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Anyone got any views on Huddersfield Wigan later? Huddersfield havent lost at home since December 1st. Mostly draws though but looking at Wigans predicted team in the paper this i only recognise about 5 players. Wigan never take the cup seriously so thinking a decent bet on Huddersfield 5/4 dnb

Small treble of Chelsea -1, Man C, Napoli. If it wins i'll go strong on the above bet depending on team news

Fuuck Napoli. First time they haven't scored at home in the league this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Experiencing a bit of insomnia so I'm going to find a few bets for tomorrow:

Chelsea v Brentford
    You would expect Chelsea will have no problems seeing off Brentford at home however the prices reflect these expectations and I don't fancy getting involved in the handicap market here either.
    However i like the look of an Oscar wincast. He came off to bench to score a good goal against Sparta in midweek so I expect him to start here. He also scored in the original tie.
    Oscar to score and Chelsea to win 8/5

Liverpool v Swansea
    I know we all know about Liverpool's woes and they are generally to be avoided. However and I'll be waiting for the team news but I fancy them to bounce back here. They had been playing very impressively and probably should have beaten both Arsenal and Man City. On another day they would have beaten West Brom and I think they really missed Sturridge against West Brom.
    Their home form has been generally very good, WBA result aside they had won 5 of the previous 6 at Anfield. I think when the pressure is off they generally play well, it seems to be when they build up momentum that they get these really disappointing results (Aston Villa and WBA).
    Swansea have been excellent all season but they have struggled on the road of late (failed to score in 5 of last 6 on the road). Chico Flores who has been a very important defender is missing and with the League Cup final next week (they are big favorites) I think they might have one eye on that. I will wait for team news but if Sturridge and Suarez both start I will be doing a Sturridge wincast. Has scored in 3 of his four league games and he was outstanding in his last game against Man City
    Sturridge to score and Liverpool to win 15/8

English teams didn't let me down :D:D
    Could not believe that wincast price... Been an excellent week for me

Shane St. wrote: »
    English teams didn't let me down :D:D
    Could not believe that wincast price... Been an excellent week for me

Well done. Good call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Austria! wrote: »
    Liverpool, who are yet to beat a team in the top 10, are 1.62 (they win 62% of the time) against Swansea who are above them in the table and have the 7th best away record in the league.

Swansea double chance @ 2.5 on skybet.

Threw a fair stake at this one.
    Knew I was ****ed as soon as I saw those line-ups.
    Still though, can't blame Swansea for not giving it a go at fortress Anfield given Liverpool's near perfect 10th-best-in-the-league home form...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement