Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

cant believe how Madrid went through the game without a booking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Man U 10/11 to qualify. Surely a good price considering Real are playing Barca twice in 5 days before the return leg and 11 - R Madrid have failed to progress in 11 of 12 European Cup knockout ties where they've failed to win a 1st leg at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Radonman wrote: »
    After much debating (with myself) I've decided on the following - all with PP as i have had no time today to shop around

Shakhter v Dortmund - :(Dortmund to win @ 17/10 - Shakhter in pre season and have only played friendlies where as Dortmund bar last weekend have being playing great stuff. Another major factor is that William moving to Anzhi is a massive loss although they have replaced him with Taison it may be too soon for him to have the same influence as Willaim

Corners - Under 10 @ 11/10 - 4/6 :oof Reals home Champions League games have been below that with 1 equal and the other 12, Utds are 3/3 under - Small bet on this not like last night :D.

Over 40 points @ 10/11-:eek: as said previously the ref is card happy and with Rafael and Jones playing Utd have 2 already

Poor night overall for me but my main bet of overs in the Dortmund game came in and got on the corners in the Utd game over 18 @ 10/11 but still lost a few bob:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

This looks a great double for tomorrow:
    BATE double chance
    Metalist Kharkiv to score a goal
    @ 1.96

I really don't think Fenerbahce are stronger than BATE, the game will be played in a small stadium in Belarus (BATE can't use their own stadium) which should make for a better atmosphere than a half empty Dinamo Minsk stadium (where they usually play their European games), plus BATE should be more used to the cold than Fenerbahce.

Newcastle concede in almost every game and Metalist play very attacking football, there should be goals in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Headshot wrote: »

Prick of a ref destroyed that bet for me

Jones didn't do anything to deserve a yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Irish94 wrote: »
    oh im sorry you most of not seen the match but if you did you would see all continuous fouls by him

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Irish94 wrote: »

Persistent fouling ;)

shamo will liverpool taking the game serious tomorrow? Ye tend to rest players for the Europa league so im just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Newcastle concede in almost every game and Metalist play very attacking football, there should be goals in this game.

Bookies seem to think it will more likely go under (1.8) than over (2.12). Worth backing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'm sure the team will see a fair few changes but whatever 11 they put out are well capable of fúcking up any type of bet.
    With Zenith being at home, overs and corners will be what I'm looking at.
    Depending on the team, Zenith at 5/4 looks very nice.
    After the crap game at home Monday, they are bound to be better though:)

• Advertisement

Ya im to looking at the corners

I cant see liverpool being pretty defensive and hope to get zenith on the counter

Hope to see a few corners from the game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

LFC squad traveling to Russia:

Reina, Jones, Gulacsi, Johnson, Wisdom, Skrtel, Carragher, Agger, Coates, Enrique, Robinson, Shelvey, Gerrard, Coady, Lucas, Suso, Sterling, Downing, Suarez, Borini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Taking Over 10.5 corners in the united game @ Evens with BetVictor.

Happy with my recent betting so increasing my stake for this one.

So simple. 12 in by Halftime :D

On a nice hot streak :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Spurs have no game at the weekend so they should have their strongest team out.
    Bale wincast at 17/10 looks a good shout - in great form at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Shane St. wrote: »
    Spurs have no game at the weekend so they should have their strongest team out.
    Bale wincast at 17/10 looks a good shout - in great form at the moment

Paddy Power are giving an enhanced 3/1 on this.

Liverpool game kicks off at 5.00 today - just in case people think it's on later.
    Live on ITV 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

It's on 3e as well.

baz2009 wrote: »
    It's on 3e as well.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

ITV or 3e for is the toughest choice in the world of watching football on television. Either way it's gonna be shíte. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Austria! wrote: »
    Bookies seem to think it will more likely go under (1.8) than over (2.12). Worth backing?

worth a small bet imo although BTTS seems a bit "safer".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Mocha Joe wrote: »

basterds!

gonna get sucked into that despite not having any intention
    on having a bet in it
    price too big for the only lad able to score for spuds

tempted to bet on Shelvey to score anytime if he starts. He has a good record of scoring in the EL

3/1

edit

doesnt start it seems, so that is a no go

Instead of gone for over 10 corners @1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

Liverpool are quite strong anyway.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Carragher, Enrique, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Sterling, Suarez.

Zenit - Malafeev ; Anyukov, Lombaerts, Neto, Hubocan ; Witsel, Denisov, Shirokov ; Hulk, Kerzhakov, Danny

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Strong team.

Have been doing well on the corners bet, but worried that run has to run out. :S

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Mocha Joe wrote: »

link??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Suarez starting will always increase the corner count, he's not a winger but 9 times out of 10 he runs for the byline and the cuts across, defenders don't have much choice but to knock it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Went for Chelsea, Ajax, Napoli and BATE all to win. Worked out at around 10/1 with BATE the obvious worry. Can't see either of the first 3 losing though, possibly a surprise draw in one of them. Also fenerbahce are travelling to a freezing hostile area that BATE are well used to and fenerbahce have recently played an important game and have another coming up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Suarez starting will always increase the corner count, he's not a winger but 9 times out of 10 he runs for the byline and the cuts across, defenders don't have much choice but to knock it out

Yeah.

Right, going for Over 10 corners, and seeing if I can get three wins in a row on a corners bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement