Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA One Night Only Taping *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Would have been funny if someone in the gauntlet had jumped off the top rope with the umbrella open to deliver a Mary Poppins inspired Missile Dropkick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Not a great show at all. The crowd were absolutely terrible, the only time they offered anything was when Bully insulted that fan. The main event felt no better than the opener bar the super bully promo.
    These 1 Night Only Shows feel like a real missed opportunity so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

TNA 10 Reunion is on Challenge tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

This'll be the first TNA show in a very, very, very long time that I've had to wait until it airs on Challenge to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This'll be the first TNA show in a very, very, very long time that I've had to wait until it airs on Challenge to watch it.

Is it not online anywhere? I kept forgetting to check for it. :pac:

• Advertisement

Only one bad version yesterday, which doesn't reflect well on how many people bought it (not to mention DirectTV dropped it).

That was hilarious what happened Johnny Devine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have watched the first half so far. That looked sore on Devine. Guessing it was a combination of the wide turnbuckle and his boots. He's probably used to doing the move off the ropes on either side of a thinner turnbuckle and when he was leaving the ring to do the move, he slipped on the apron.

Was Daniels doing his Curry Man dance during the interview?

That was an very painful looking landing for Devine. Didnt hear anything about an injury when it was recorded so I'm guessing it was nothing major.

It's a very good show. Nothing amazing, but nothing awful. Very solid the entire way.

I did have one issue with the three way tag match. Hebner wouldnt count because Daniels was no longer legal. Homicide wasnt legal either but Hebner counted him. If you're using the legal man bit, at least make sure you have the right man :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Just nasty:

• Advertisement

There are good quality downloads about now if you missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Lucky he isn't Johnny Flatline after that one

Knockouts are up next with two very good matches on paper, and a few that could be good.

Gail Kim vs Alissa Flash
    Lei'D Tapa vs Ivelisse
    Tara vs Mia Yim
    Miss Tessmacher vs Santana Garrett
    ODB vs Trinity
    Jackie Moore vs Taryn Terrell
    Hannah Blossom vs Sojournor Bolt vs Taeler Hendrix
    Velvet Sky vs Jillian Hall
    Mickie James vs Serena Deeb
    Knockout Battle Royal

Knockouts show debuts today. Can't say I'm hugely looking forward to it but hopefully the Kim/Alissa Flash match is as good as it could be.

It's on Challenge on Wednesday.

I'm looking forward to it, but I like women's wrestling more than most. I'm disappointed with the line up though.

There is a lot of talent out there that they could, and really should, have gotten for it. Angelina Love is a shocking omission. Kong is understandable because of how she left. She may have no interest in going back. Roxxi, Sarita, Rosita and Winter should be there too. Taylor Wilde surely could have been convinced to do a one night return. The big pluses from the outside girls are Flash, Deeb and Ivelisse. None of the others are all that interesting. Saying that, I've never seen Santana Garrett wrestle so I'm giving her a pass.

ODB vs Trinity will be a trainwreck. ODB is awful and Trinity is retired. Not a good combination when even Gail Kim couldnt get a good match out of ODB.

Most of those you mentioned turned them down.

Considering how poorly they pay the girls, they probably offered them about $20 each. Kong aside, they have no excuse for not getting any of them if they wanted them. The line up they have seems like the cheapest they could get for the most part.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The line up they have seems like the cheapest they could get for the most part.

The World Cup one is much worse tbh. Team Aces & 8's give me a break.

Lei'd Tapa is truly awful pro wrestler. On the other hand Ivelisse should've been signed.

Ivelisse is great in Shine. She seemed like a no brainer. I can only guess she didn't want a full time deal.

Are there any decent copies out?

• Advertisement

Gail vs Flash and Mickie vs Deeb.

Watch them and fast forward the rest.

If you really want to watch more, watch the three way or Taryn vs Jackie. Dont bother with the rest unless you are very bored.

Pretty good rundown here:
    http://prowresblog.blogspot.ie/2013/09/tna-one-night-only-knockouts-knockdown.htm

Personally speaking:

Miss Tara and her act badly.

Velez losing to Tapa was the totally wrong decision as Velez was the best performer on the show.

Don't what the craic was but I've seen Santana look and wrestle way better. Melissa Anderson looked really OLD. Both are total rides on the indies.

Jillian Hall singing Beautiful by Christina Aguilera? smdh

Deeb's match would have meant more to me if I saw it in real time. As it was one of her initial return matches after suffering a VERY serious concussion. Since then see has wrestled all over the place including Japan with no ill effects. The match for something years in the making and a personal ambition for both girls was really lacklustre.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Watch them and fast forward the rest.

Yup. Taz's silly commentary and the rest will be probably on a Botchamania.

rovert wrote: »
    Velez losing to Tapa was the totally wrong decision as Velez was the best performer on the show.

She worked so, so hard to carry Tapa to a good match. With TNA so light on women I have no idea why she hasn't been signed.

She worked so, so hard to carry Tapa to a good match. With TNA so light on women I have no idea why she hasn't been signed.

I like the idea of Tapa on paper. Have a bit of fetish for Samoan/Islander wrestlers but she is fairly atrocious.

Should mention Yim keeps improving and is game for anything from being so sexual managing Adam Cole that other wrestlers believing they were an item to being put through tables outside the ring to wrestling men to working in Japan.

I was close to turning the sound off due to Taz. How the hell did he think calling Mia Yim, Mia Ham would be funny?

I haven't actually finished the KO show yet but the Tournament of Champions show debuts tonight in the US and Wednesday over here.

I haven't actually finished the KO show yet but the Tournament of Champions show debuts tonight in the US and Wednesday over here.

You only need to watch Gail's and Mickie's. Youre not missing anything with the rest.

Watched the Tournament of Champions yesterday and if you're waiting for Challenge, record it first. About half the show is video packages. The matches are decent but fairly short. Longest was still only around the 10 minute mark. Never once did it feel like a big deal.

Commentary was done fairly recently as they call Bully a two time champion, but Anderson cuts a promo about how he and Bully are the best. Really should have left that bit out considering their current feud. Not to mention Devon showing up too :pac:

I still haven't watched the end of the KO PPV or the Tournament of Champions show but tonight in the US the long awaited World Cup show with Team Aces and 8s debuts. Card:

•Team USA: James Storm, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Mickie James and Kenny King

• Team UK: Magnus, Hannah Blossom, Rockstar Spud, Doug Williams and Rob Terry

• Team Aces and Eights: D.O.C., Knux, Mr. Anderson, Wes Brisco and Ivelisse

• Team International: Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, Lei'D Tapa, Funaki and Mesias

• Team UK's Magnus vs. Aces & Eights' Mr. Anderson

• Team U.S.' Kenny King vs. Team International's Sonjay Dutt

• Team International's Lei'D Tapa vs. Team UK's Hannah Blossom

• Aces & Eights' D.O.C. and Knux vs. Team International's Sho Funaki & Petey Williams

• Team Aces & Eights' Wes Brisco vs. Team UK's Rockstar Spud

• Team U.S.' Bad Influence (Daniels and Kazarian) vs. Team UK's British Invasion (Douglas Williams and Rob Terry)

• Aces & Eights' Ivelisse Velez vs. Team U.S.' Mickie James

• Team U.S.' James Storm vs. Team International's Judas Mesias

• World Cup Finals

• Advertisement

Ivelisse vs Mickie is the only match that looks good.

King vs Dutt and Bad Influence vs the wrong members of the British Invasion shouldnt be too bad but the rest are awful combinations.

Advertisement