Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA One Night Only Taping *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey how was this PPV? Worth a watch, any standout matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hey how was this PPV? Worth a watch, any standout matches?

I'm still watching it in bits and pieces but it's pretty good. Nothing amazing yet, but also nothing awful unless you count Chavo's promo.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cool. Lemme know what to look out for when you've finished it

The second half of the show is really good. From Ultimate X onwards. RVD and Lynn go through some of their old spots but its still really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The opening 8 man X-cape match turned into such a mess it should of been a tag elimination. Besides Chavo`s horrid promo the rest was pretty good with special mention of the great Bad Influence promo & match. Pity Lynn didn`t beat No Job Bob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Even I forgot about this one. Joker's Wild debuted in the US last night and on Challenge on Wednesday:

And it's an entirely skipable show. Some fun undercard matches (like Daniels and Joe vs. RVD and Chavo) but nothing great. Gunner and Crimson should be a regular team though. On the plus side one of the more fun shows on paper is airing in July, Hardcore Justice 2 with Bad Influence vs. The Young Bucks in a supposedly tremendous ladder match.

Another one to add to my ever growing list. Can't wait to get these exams out of the way so I can get through some of this backlog.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

lol'd at Gunner and Crimson cutting a promo from a show taped months ago complained how they aren't being used on TV.

Yeah absolutely skippable show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was watching to see if Anderson would go after D-Von in the Royal Rumble Gauntlet Battle Royal. Since it must've been taped before he joined Aces & 8s since he was still acting face and coming out to his own music.
    When was the commentary done, I wonder?

And why aren't Crimson and Gunner used on tv? Looks like Crimson is on the next one as well.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When was the commentary done, I wonder?

No earlier than April 11th because Tenay mentioned Chavo and Hernandez were two time tag champs.

Hardcore Justice 2 debuts on Friday in the US and next week on Wednesday on Challenge:
    Tables Match
    Jeff Hardy and Brother Runt vs. Team 3D

Monsters Ball
    Jospeh Park vs. Judas Mesias w/ James Mitchell

Aces and 8s (Brisco, Knux and Doc) vs. James Storm, Magnus and Bob Holly

Hardcore Gauntlet
    Crimson vs. Guido vs. 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Shark Boy vs. Gunner vs. Sam Shaw vs. Crowbar vs. Johnny Swinger vs. Funaki

Ladder Match
    Generation Me (Max and Jeremy Buck) vs. Bad Influence (Kazarian and Christopher Daniels)

No DQ
    ODB vs. Jackie Moore

Street Fight

The Disciples of the New Church (Slash and Sinn) vs. LAX (Homicide and Hernandez)

I'm rather looking forward to this, obviously the ladder match in particular.

Damn I was hoping Mr.Anderson was in the Aces and 8's team up against Holly.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Damn I was hoping Mr.Anderson was in the Aces and 8's team up against Holly.

The idea of Wes Brisco and Bob Holly being in the same match amuses me.

GenMe vs Bad Influcene has been called a MOTYC from people who seen it live. Hopefully that isn't too far off.

Up to the Park/Mesias match so far, the ladder match is excellent. The gauntlet is great fun aswell. The rest so far is fine, some fun nostalgia.

Mystified by the praise the Young Bucks vs Bad Influence Ladder match is getting. Maybe it is watching too many insano PWG Ladder matches in front of PWG's fans. But the crowd didn't seem all that fussed for that match likewise for anything else on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Pretty average show.

Like Rovert said the ladder match was fine. Nothing exceptional

rovert wrote: »
    Mystified by the praise the Young Bucks vs Bad Influence Ladder match is getting. Maybe it is watching too many insano PWG Ladder matches in front of PWG's fans. But the crowd didn't seem all that fussed for that match likewise for anything else on the show.

Do you really let the crowd dictate how good you think a match is? :confused:

gnfnrhead wrote: »

A crowd plays an integral part of how good a match is, and they had about as good a match that you can have in front of that particular crowd without absolutely killing themselves. Of course they're going to have a better match in Reseda (put the same match they had on this show in front of that crowd and it would come out much better), but they still had a hell of a match. Probably one of TNA's best this year (though that's largely more of a reflection of the complete lack of really great matches this year).

• Advertisement

A great match is a great match regardless of where it takes place. A crowd can add to a match no doubt, but it doesnt change the quality of it for me.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Yes. Wrestling is a performance.

With matches that involve crazy risks with ladders there's a really sad "why are you doing this to yourselves" quality that comes into play I find when there is no crowd reaction.

When was the last time the Impact zone had a good atmosphere outside of Aries title win. There is a reason they are on the road now. If the fan reaction soured you on a match you were watching on a laptop or PC I don`t know what to say to change your opinion. Looking forward to it Wednesday but not on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

rovert wrote: »

With matches that involve crazy risks with ladders there's a really sad "why are you doing this to yourselves" quality that comes into play I find when there is no crowd reaction.

In fairness the crowd did react the big bumps and spots but (and this has been the case with the iMPACT! Zone PPV crowds for years now) there's this odd hush or silence after and between them. They're a strange crowd.

GTR63 wrote: »
    When was the last time the Impact zone had a good atmosphere outside of Aries title win. There is a reason they are on the road now. If the fan reaction soured you on a match you were watching on a laptop or PC I don`t know what to say to change your opinion. Looking forward to it Wednesday but not on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

Wasn't all that interesting of a match . ***1/2 mark. I was very disappointed to be honest. Fan reports at the show praised it and I was told that the show was a "a one match show" but that one match fell below that show saver type quality.

Watched that New Japan mini-iPPV show. That was a "proper" one match show. The crowd were going crazy in closing few minutes during the Devitt vs Gedo main event. Moar stars here but that match was around ****1/4 with no Ladders and a semi active Wrestler involved.

The crowd were both weird and quiet for the TNA show. You'll understand when you see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I watched this tonight. I enjoyed it as someone who has watched TNA from the beginning it's always good to see people returning even if its for One Night Only. Crowd was terrible. For what it was I thought it was a good watch. If you are looking to criticise don't watch it haha!

It was an ok show but none of the matches were all that great. Bully Ray's pre-match promo was probably the best part of the show. Ladder match was MOTN but it wasnt anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Average show I thought. The ladder match was killed for me having watched Threemendous III only last week again.

Hoping Gen Me vs Bad Influence is good the first 2 matches were a bit meh. I'd of thrown L.A.X in this match.
    It was a good match nothing more. No car-azy bumps but it was good.

• Advertisement

Did Sam Shaw bring out a sheeps crook?
    It is maggot weather alrite.

Advertisement