Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNA One Night Only Taping *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

rovert wrote: »
    Aces and Eights is a country.
    International is a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Aside from the opener and maybe the James/Velez match this looks to be the first dud they've taped. Shame too as it had the most potential.
    -Kenny King (USA) defeated Sonjay Dutt (International) in what was described as one of the best X Matches in recent memory.

-Magnus (UK) defeated Mr. Anderson (A&8).

-DOC and Knux (A&8) defeated Petey Williams and Funaki (International)

-Lei'D Tapa (International) defeated Hannah Blossom (UK)

-Wes Brisco (A&8) defeated Rockstar Spud (UK)

-Bad Influence (USA) defeated Rob Terry and Doug Williams (UK)

-Ivelisse Velez was revealed as the Knockout for the Aces and 8's. Ivelisse Velez (A&8) defeated Mickie James (US) after interference from the members of the Aces and 8s.

-James Storm (USA) defeated Judas Mesias (International)

-Team USA defeated Team Aces and 8s to win the World Cup of Wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Aside from the opener and maybe the James/Velez match this looks to be the first dud they've taped. Shame too as it had the most potential.

Why do I get a feeling that Bruce Pritchard f**ked up them visas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

There is something really wrong is Team USA dont WALK that tournament.

EDIT: Should have refreshed :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    There is something really wrong is Team USA dont WALK that tournament.

EDIT: Should have refreshed :pac:

Didn't USA have a poor record in the X-Cup, or am I wrong?

• Advertisement

The Hardcore Justice show being taped at the moment already beats last nights World Cup. Kaz and Daniels vs. Generation Me in a ladder match just happened.

The Hardcore Justice show being taped at the moment already beats last nights World Cup. Kaz and Daniels vs. Generation Me in a ladder match just happened.

I hope that those ecw dregs don't appear at it, I hated when they were in Tna, hated it.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I hope that those ecw dregs don't appear at it, I hated when they were in Tna, hated it.

They had a very random six man of Brisco, Knox and Doc vs. Magnus, Storm and...Hardcore Holly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

What crowds are they expecting taping on a midweek afternoon?

They had a very random six man of Brisco, Knox and Doc vs. Magnus, Storm and...Hardcore Holly.

My god who finds these talents, must be from a dustbin in 2005, where are you finding the ongoing spoilers?

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »
    My god who finds these talents, must be from a dustbin in 2005, where are you finding the ongoing spoilers?

Twitter mostly. Anyway, full spoilers of the Hardcore Justice show:
    -ODB defeated Jackie Moore in a Hardcore Knockouts Match

-LAX defeated The New Church

-Bad Influence defeated Generation Me in a Tag Team Ladder Match. Described as an amazing match.

-Shark Boy won a Hardcore Gauntlet Match where every man entered with a weapon. Other participants were: Devon Storm (Crowbar), Little Guido (Nunzio), Crimson, Sam Shaw, Funaki, Johnny Swinger, Gunner and 2 Cold Scorpio.

-James Storm, Magnus and Bob "Hardcore" Holly defeated the Aces and 8's (Doc, Knux, Wes Brisco) in a Six-Man Elimination Match.

-Joseph Park defeated Judas Mesias in a "Monster's Ball Match." Mesias was accompanied by Father James Mitchell. Park bled towards the end which allowed him to snap into "Abyss-mode" and win the match.

-Jeff Hardy and Brother Runt defeated Team 3D in a Tag Team Tables Match.

Looks like a very fun show. I particularly love the idea of Park vs. Mesias with Mitchell. They're taping the last show tonight, a tournament of former World Champs which with Bully, Hardy, Joe, Roode, Storm, Aries and Angle is nearly impossible to mess up.

I really hope they bring back Mesias and Mitchell. They made a balls of him the first time by going straight into a winner take all feud with Abyss. Should have been built up a lot more first. Even bring up the history and have Mitchell claim he finally got rid of Abyss (forget that Abyss showed up a few times) after years of planning or something.

Preliminary Round
    -James Storm defeated Mr. Anderson in what was a tournament preliminary bout.

Quarter-Finals
    -Samoa Joe defeated Jeff Hardy.

-Austin Aries defeated Kurt Angle. Angle had his hamstring taped up.

-James Storm defeated Bully Ray after Devon interfered and caused a DQ.

-Bobby Roode defeated Sting.

Semi-Finals
    -Samoa Joe defeated Austin Aries.

-Bobby Roode defeated James Storm by submission.

Finals
    -Bobby Roode defeated Samoa Joe to win the Heavyweight Tournament.

The last ever match in the iMPACT! Zone is Bobby Roode vs. Samoa Joe. Bobby Roode wrestled the first and last match in the iMPACT! Zone.

Thats an awesome final four :D

I doubt it will be the last ever match in the Impact Zone, I can see them going back once or twice a year.

Charisteas wrote: »
    I doubt it will be the last ever match in the Impact Zone, I can see them going back once or twice a year.

It may not be available. One their lease is up the place is set to be stripped apart and used for other purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The first is meant to air this Friday? Don't see it in the listings. Challenge change that as well?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The first is meant to air this Friday? Don't see it in the listings. Challenge change that as well?

It'll probably be on Challenge wednesday week not Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,877 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You're right. Just checked out their site
    http://www.challenge.co.uk/wrestling/tna-one-night-only-events-coming-to-challenge-tv.html

Was just Wrestle Talk from Sunday said April 5th. So they must've changed plans since that was filmed. Especially since they kept reminding viewers that the British wrestling show was on after the show.

This debuts tonight in the US and on Wednesday on Challenge:
    X-Division X-Scape Steel Cage Match
    Christian York vs. Matt Bentley vs. Alex Silva vs. Sam Shaw vs. Lance Dorado vs. Puma vs. Jimmy Rave

Doug Williams & Kid Kash vs. Tony Nese & Rashad Cameron
    625617_520039024705190_284715801_n.jpg

Chavo Guerrero vs. Robbie E

Ultimate X Match
    Kenny King vs. Zema Ion vs. Rubix vs. Mason Andrews
    ono3.jpg

Bad Influence ('Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels & Kazarian) vs. 'The Original Playa From the Himalayas' Sonjay Dutt & Petey Williams

No DQ - Final Ever Meeting
    'Whole F'N Show' Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn
    ono1.jpg

Battle of Former X-Division Champions
    'The Greatest Man That Ever Lived' Austin Aries vs. 'The Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe
    ono2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Heard the show was good but Taz's set a personal best in terms of being atrocious and not taking things seriously on this show.

Will watch midweek-ish

Art Donovan did a better job announcing than Taz did here. Probably the single worst announcing performance ever. The show was great fun though. Sam Shaw is really athletic, and Anthony Nese is awesome and should be on TV. Best Ultimate X match in at least three years aswell.

Taz hasnt a fcuking notion about these guys. Should have put JB on with Tenay. At least he wouldnt call Matt Bentley as Alex Silva. They dont even look alike!!

Also, one year for Silva in TNA and he has done absolutly nothing.

Taz hasnt a fcuking notion about these guys. Should have put JB on with Tenay. At least he wouldnt call Matt Bentley as Alex Silva. They dont even look alike!!

I wouldn't blame him too much on that, Bentley looks practically unrecognisable compared to 7 or 8 years ago.

I wouldn't blame him too much on that, Bentley looks practically unrecognisable compared to 7 or 8 years ago.

Silva is smaller, taller, darker, tattoo's down his arm and wearing white boots to Bentley's black and shin guards. They werent that similar at all. If he was paying attention rather than trying to be funny, he's have gotten it right.

Crowd is crap so far.

Silva is smaller, taller, darker, tattoo's down his arm and wearing white boots to Bentley's black and shin guards. They werent that similar at all. If he was paying attention rather than trying to be funny, he's have gotten it right.

I was more taking a shot at Bentley for the shape he's in these days.

I was more taking a shot at Bentley for the shape he's in these days.

He's retired isnt he?

Nese and Kash need to be on tv a hell of a lot more than they are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Art Donovan did a better job announcing than Taz did here. Probably the single worst announcing performance ever. The show was great fun though. Sam Shaw is really athletic, and Anthony Nese is awesome and should be on TV. Best Ultimate X match in at least three years aswell.

Part of a Heyman promo before Survivor series in 2001
    He was a wrestler, he was a great wrestler, he was a man. And now, he's a fat, little, obnoxious color commentator, and not even a good one!

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Part of a Heyman promo before Survivor series in 2001
    He's grand when he isnt trying to be funny. His jokes do be awful and it means he isnt paying attention.

I think he has been pretty good as the heel commentator on Impact, shame he tends to forget it at times and go back to the jokes.

• Advertisement

Loved seeing RVD and Jerry Lynn one more time. Never get tired of seeing those two against each other, and I doubt it's their last match with each other either.

Advertisement