Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey everyone...

feeling like absolute crap today... :( been feeling up and down since yesterday, happy for a little point, but then feeling so very down at others. now I just feel stuck on a downer, no motivation, nothing. I'm afraid I might be coming down with something too, which isn't good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Well done PP. I always find that you can't replicate the great feeling you have after exercise with anything else so it's always so worthwhile.

Day of work on the house and then the cinema this evening. Trying to convince my boyfriend to go see Life of Pi but he's stuck on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Booo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Jesus Ella. You shouldn't have to put up with that.

Will someone motivate me to go to the gym please? I know I'll feel good after but I also feel good right now sprawled on the couch with tea

• Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just wondering, is the phrase "train of thought" or "trail of thought"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Mars Bar wrote: »

Train.

I love these lazy Saturdays :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Train I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 31,826 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ok, trail of thought makes more sense to me but I'm obviously wrong! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Cerulean Chicken

Ok, trail of thought makes more sense to me but I'm obviously wrong! :)

The train of thought, stream of thought', or chain of thought refers to the interconnection in the sequence of ideas expressed during a connected discourse or thought, as well as the sequence itself, especially in discussion how this sequence leads from one idea to another.
    When a reader or listener "loses the train of thought" (i.e., loses the relation between consecutive sentences or phrases, or the relation between non-verbal concepts in an argument or presentation), comprehension is lost of the expressed or unexpressed thought.[1]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Just dropping in to say hey! I've not been posting on any threads for a good while but have been keeping a creepy eye on developments here.
    Ah_Yeah wrote: »

Also Mods, I want next thread title to include ponies plsthxbai :)

I concur Ah Yeah. I'm getting back into the horses again and am seriously considering getting my own by the end of the year.

My big news is I might be getting a dog today!! Going looking in the local shelters/pounds so freaking excited!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Just up? Me? Never

stupid cold as well grughghgh

Still, am happy today :)

• Advertisement

curled up with hot water bottle now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Going to the guards later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I knew it was a smart idea to bring home the remains of my taco chips and burger. Tasty breakfast.

Last night was a bit crap. I drank too much too early, then I got a bit huffy for a couple of reasons. Luckily my oldest friend cheered me up. Had a good long chat with him, like we haven't had in a few months. Then we went for the taco chips and burger.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Ella wrote: »
    Going to the guards later.

Good on you

big hugs x

Das Kitty wrote: »
    @bluey, speaking of Pingus, did you get the Kitty family Christmas card?

No actually :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Ella sorry you had to go through that. I think that you are doing the right thing going to the guards.

Remember we are all here if you feel like venting.

I hate dodgy ebay sellers. I bought a unique item from a seller on ebay.ie. Paid for it but now the seller has the same thing listed on ebay,co.uk. The item is one of a kind so she can't have two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

It took 3 boys and 2 girls to convince me. One of the lads will tell the story and ill tell the rest. I need to do it tomorrow with no drink in me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    No actually :(

Why didn't I take pics?! We were so proud of it! :(

@Ella. Fair play to ya.

Aw, I'm sure it was lovely :( Maybe it'll just arrive really late!

Miaireland wrote: »
    I hate dodgy ebay sellers. I bought a unique item from a seller on ebay.ie. Paid for it but now the seller has the same thing listed on ebay,co.uk. The item is one of a kind so she can't have two.

I found two things I want to bid on just there. I look at the payment details, no paypal, band order only. Who do they think they are kidding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I mean she was really, really good.

I use slang because I'm down with the kids, yo.

Seriously, after one of her big songs there was complete silence in the sold-out theatre except for one guy who blurted out "holy sh1t" in awe.
    Neyite wrote: »
    All the songs were sung live and recorded in the takes. They were not added in post shooting, which for that reason I really want to see it.

I was going to post what Neyite posted above. Wanted to go and see it last night, had planned since the middle of December to go, but ended up being on a flight home instead :( going to go on Tuesday when I'm back, specials night!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Also Mods, I want next thread title to include ponies plsthxbai :)

I want dogs in the title.

(it could end up being a long title!)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done going to the guards Ella.

Links I hope you feel better soon.

I'm just out of the shower. Shaved my legs and all. Felt like sort of pampering myself. Gonna do my nails, hair and make-up now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

There is a pet shop selling puppies and kittens from their shop. Playing on peoples emotion to tempt them into buying. Saying things like "Go On, You know you want to" on their facebook page. Talk about encouraging impulse buying pets! :mad:

They were even selling puppies in the week before Christmas with noted like "Our last wee pup still waiting for someone to fall for her" and a pic of a sad looking puppy. Rescues are already feeling the fall out from christmas pets and these people are selling them without vaccinations or anything. 120 for cross bred pups. I'm shocked it's even legal!

Links I hope you feel better soon.

just had mum visiting, she brought over a bit of dinner as well as a cartoon of soup, some milk and a bar of 70% dark choc. I'm feeling a bit better, because I hadn't eaten anything all morning, but I'm still quite bad... really haven't felt this sick in a long time, was shivering last night. :o been hugging the hot water bottle, and still feel ice cold

I feel like crap. There's nothing physically wrong with me. I'm just in a mood. I could go out tonight and I'm battling between the idea of possibly having a good night and that cheering me up, but also not wanting to see anyone or deal with the hassle (and expense) of being in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I really wanna go to the cinema tonight, no one to go with :(

And no, I just cant go on my own, before someone suggests that!

I really wanna go to the cinema tonight, no one to go with :(

And no, I just cant go on my own, before someone suggests that!

Buy two tickets and pretend your waiting for a friend only for them not to show up, you can take it even further by leaving your coat on the seat next to you and if anyone asks you if someone is sitting there, tell them your friend had to go to the bathroom. You could even buy 2 popcorns and put one in your friend's place. you're not on your own if everyone thinks someone else is with you, right? :)

...this isn't helping, is it? :o

how come? :)
    Going to the cinema on your own is great
    I'm going to see gangster squad with someone but I might see les mis soon
    I can't remember what I went to see recently but I ended up talking a little to the nice people in front of me
    Another time I went, I was sitting beside someone who was there on their own as well. I wasn't in a chatty mood that time though

What do you want to go see?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

bluewolf wrote: »
    how come? :)
    Going to the cinema on your own is great
    I'm going to see gangster squad with someone but I might see les mis soon
    I can't remember what I went to see recently but I ended up talking a little to the nice people in front of me
    Another time I went, I was sitting beside someone who was there on their own as well. I wasn't in a chatty mood that time though

What do you want to go see?

I dunno, I just cant do it (think of the Sminky Shorts video!) , dont know why!

Want to see Gangster Squad, my housemate is going out tonight, booo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement