Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Lunch; Cake, Bovril and Penguins...

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,540 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

awec wrote: »
    The major issue I have with public transport is that it's perfectly fine if I want to get from point A to the city centre.

But, if I want to go from point A to somewhere that's not the city centre it's a nightmare.

The luas has 2 routes, both go into the city centre. They don't even join up, as daft as that is.

The dart - city centre.

If they ever expand public transport here they should build a luas track that goes in a circle, clockwise and anticlockwise.

well i'm guessing it's based on demand.

And the dart covers a huge range, hence why it's always so busy.

There are plans, actually going ahead this year, to join up the two luas lines. Oh and the metro system is still going ahead (in theory anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Just back from Les Mis. Anne Hathaway killed it. KILLED it.

Don't say that :( I'm going to see it tomorrow with my sister and Mom, excited :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

So, who owns the Dublin Bus route planner on the Dublin Bus website? :P

It's not about ownership, it's about who produced it/coded it.

What I meant was I hate seeing people angry with bus drivers (for example) when the issue isn't down to them. Same as retail assistants...you get a lot of **** when most of the issues aren't your fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Lucyfur wrote: »
    'Sok!! I think that was meant to go in PM to me. Her and Al have kind;y offered to build my house!! I don't think Al knows yet...be grand...it's not like they're in the final year of med school or anything :D
    No, I meant to post it where I did. But only because I didn't think it through.

Now that you mention it, it would have made more sense to PM it. :pac:

And this link is amazing: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1656268-25-handy-words-that-simply-dont-exist-in-English

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Dublin bus, pure useless.

To get from Dundrum to Donnybrook stadium the Dublin bus planner suggests I get the luas the whole way in to town and then get the bus out again.

75 to the Stillorgan Road or the 17 to Belfield. 39A from Belfield or 46A/145 from Stillorgan Rd to Donnybrook Stadium.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

The dart - city centre.
    The DART is great because it's not city centre focused. And you can get from Clontarf to Dun Laoighre, for example, in about 25 minutes!

The bus is WAY too city centre obsessed. Even the so called 'cross-town' services stop for very extended periods in the city centre and you often have to get off the bus and on another one in town. Having to get off a cross town bus and on another one in town kind of defeats the purpose! :rolleyes:

The LUAS should be getting connected in the next couple of years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Lola92 wrote: »
    Don't say that :( I'm going to see it tomorrow with my sister and Mom, excited :D
    I mean she was really, really good.

I use slang because I'm down with the kids, yo.

Seriously, after one of her big songs there was complete silence in the sold-out theatre except for one guy who blurted out "holy sh1t" in awe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Hit The Road or Transport for Ireland are really good apps for planning a route on public transport :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Seriously, after one of her big songs there was complete silence in the sold-out theatre except for one guy who blurted out "holy sh1t" in awe.

I'm imagining that he said it similar to the way one might say 'fcuking hell' upon finding out that a sheep competition is rigged

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Can not sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Dublin bus, pure useless.

To get from Dundrum to Donnybrook stadium the Dublin bus planner suggests I get the luas the whole way in to town and then get the bus out again.
    Posy wrote: »
    Ah now, Dublin Bus being useless goes without saying though!
    It's their website.

It presumably means there is no route from this general vicinity to that general vicinity.
    Gave up quoting posts.
    My step Dad is a mechanic for DB and has been for the last 30 yrs. The stories i've been told. Spare a thought for the people that only fix the big busses and keep things running. Dont tar. Please.

:)

Of course. I was referring to the routes. It's not the mechanics that pick those. No tarring here! :)
    Thanks, duck x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I find that all issues can be solved with a Father Ted quote. To the DB route planners:

"Cowboys Ted, bunch of cowboys!"

Also Mods, I want next thread title to include ponies plsthxbai :)

Watching the Westlife recording on TV.

Yes i was there (free tickets from work)

Yes i want to grab my sweeping brush and sing in the middle of the sitting room.

I'm flying without wings......

:D

Oh no!

:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ella wrote: »
    My step Dad is a mechanic for DB and has been for the last 30 yrs. The stories i've been told. Spare a thought for the people that only fix the big busses and keep things running. Dont tar. Please.
    Sure it's not the mechanics fault when you're left waiting on the quays for over 15 minutes because the other driver hasn't turned up yet; unless he was holding him hostage or something. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I am on day three of hangover. I think I am getting too old to drink :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

What's up Ella?

Getting up in a min to have some breakfast and head off for a walk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Getting my hurr done today, I'll either be very happy later or annoyed. Love the range and depth of emotion my hair can inspire :pac:

Also, drafting an email to X with a very long and rambly story I was supposed to tell him in September. In the title I've warned him not to read it until he has time and if he is busy to ignore it for a while, which is the sign of a ridiculously long email. It's so funny going through this thing though and filling in little gaps with tangents and explanatory background, he's going to laugh at that at the very least :p

Anyone have any mad plans for the weekend? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Funny thread title! Proud of myself today; I can be a bit shy but last night I made myself go to a wedding drinks reception of a work colleague even though I didnt know if I'd know anyone there. Fortunately I did know a few and I think my colleague appreciated me coming as none of the rest of the team were there.

Remember that guy that forced himself on me in Oct?

Well some girl rang me at 4 am and tried to tear me a new one. This went on for an hour. I still have the texts of him admitting he did bold things to me and thought it would be ok for him/ her to attack me???

She won't do it again the cùnt. She will be sorted and so will he. If you want to be a prick to people do it by speach and not text :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Who was she?

Who was she?
    No idea but I've named her the fat knacker. To her ear. No idea if she's fat or not but it seemed to shut her up. There's so much trouble now. Dopey cùnt. How dare someone attack me. They're gonna be very sorry and not due to slaps but due to people who know people and her parents and family will know about this. Scarlet for her. Fat knacker.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Jaysus Ella. Pair of scummers!

Hope you're okay.

New thread. Ahhhh!

@bluey, speaking of Pingus, did you get the Kitty family Christmas card?

@Foux, We watched Ms Hathaway on the Daily Show last night. I love her like burning. Wanted to watch Les Mis last night, but it was too long and it was too late. :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

All the songs were sung live and recorded in the takes. They were not added in post shooting, which for that reason I really want to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

God I love that feeling when you use a new toothbrush for the first time! :D:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Feel so proud of myself. I went out for a walk and jogged a little bit of the way here and there :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement