Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cant wait to see it in the flesh....just keep leppla away from it the HOOLIGAN!!!!

It's a bad pic as was just about to hide it away after cleaning the salt and muck off! Will get better ones soon

2012-09-02005-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

batman_oh wrote: »
    It's a bad pic as was just about to hide it away after cleaning the salt and muck off! Will get better ones soon

2012-09-02005-2.jpg

Great machine. How does it ride compare to your last?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

batman_oh wrote: »

2012-09-02005-2.jpg

Lovely looking bike id say you will have some fun on that during the summer :D

Best of luck with it mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭batman_oh

leppla wrote: »
    Great machine. How does it ride compare to your last?

Havent a clue yet really. Had a 320 mile run in the UK of almost all motorway through snow and baltic conditions at the weekend. The front tyre is seriously destroyed on the bike too (rock hard - no idea how he achieved it!) so it handles horribly. Can't afford the tyres until I get paid on March 20th due to VRT, travel etc!
    It's a little faster, a little more comfy, has fuel injection (gift) and is a lot better looking though :pac:
    Plus there's forged Marchesini wheels, Brembo monoblocs, a full akra evo system and lots of akra carbon to add to the niceness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Today I spent half an hour under the headset cover soldering up the wires on an halogen bulb upgrade to my LML vespa px125. Nice and bright headlight now after connecting the 4 wires. Next up next week is to get a new rear shock fitted which means dropping the petrol tank out under the seat. Also the rear hub is missing one of its 5 studs but that's an easy replacement job...Don't worry I have the side panels and toolbox for the scoot!

544193_590022254358526_477096277_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Yesterday I took a half day off work. Changed the oil in my forks and replaced a leaky seal. No more lurching to a stop at traffic lights :)

I also changed the front brake fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Most recently ive added some rim tape and carbon levers and tonight in painting the top yoke caus its a bit worn looking.

Im also waiting on a price to carbon wrap pretty much everything silver on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

goodlad wrote: »
    Most recently ive added some rim tape and carbon levers and tonight in painting the top yoke caus its a bit worn looking.

Im also waiting on a price to carbon wrap pretty much everything silver on the bike.

Stick up a few pics G ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Stick up a few pics G ;)

I will do when its all done. Tbh this carbon wrap is looking a bit too expensive compared to how much i give a ****e.

Gonna suss out maybe spraying the frame, rims and forks instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

OK, so it wasn't my bike, but the OH's bike I did a bit on. It's been lying up at the side of the house the last 8 months. So cleaned her up, put juice in her, lubed the chain, put air in the tyres. The battery was dead so I connected her to the car (not running of course) and fired her up. Just took her up and down the estate, I'm transferring my insurance onto her tomorrow and start to use it to get used to being on a bike again. It'll be a few months (I reckon) before my bike is back together, so for now this is my steed. (1993 Super Four) I'm a tad nervous as the last time I was on a bike was the day of my accident (6 months ago now)

243604.jpg

• Advertisement

Still looking very clean....jaysus was it that long ago you had your off, you be back to normal in now time PKM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Still looking very clean....jaysus was it that long ago you had your off, you be back to normal in now time PKM.

Yeah, 6 months now. Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I am right now in the middle of fixing my stuck pistons, but it started raining, I need to bleed push through another piston and have no compressed air to do it, so I have to stop work :/ Bastardin weather!

Just back from a nice spin from my place over The Gap in to Hollywood for a cuppa, then on to N81 Baltinglass, Tinahealy, Aughrim, Rathdrum over the Helter Skelter road back up to Laragh again and the Back home to Newtown

Hadnt been out on the bike in AGES :(

Absolute cracker of a day, sun shining all day long was a bit cold over the gap but other than that it was ideal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

Today I changed the throttle cable on my BMW F650ST without removing the tank and pretty much only using the in board tool kit. Quite impressed with myself.

Also rewired the brake light in the lock box as the previous owner had it interferring with and letting water in under the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

My two new tyres arrived from Oponeo.
    Took the old AM44 Distanzias off and fitted the Mitas E07's.
    Putting the cush drive back together I noticed the bearing in the sprocket carrier was rough and rusty.
    I couldn't get the old seal out without bending it, so I have ordered a rear wheel bearing kit from the US, two seals and three bearings.
    Have to wait for that to arrive before I can refit the wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Noticed by steering damper is pissing oil and needs replacing :( (€€€)

The bike wasn't tracking correctly at lower speeds and I went through the usual tyre pressure checks, bearings etc and found nothing amiss, then went to work on the brakes (I thought one might be binding) then I noticed the damper.

I'm sick :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Today I changed the throttle cable on my BMW F650ST without removing the tank and pretty much only using the in board tool kit.

Toolkit tools are usually made out of really crappy alloy, better to keep them for emergencies only and get better tools for use at home.

Today I... put a new brake cable into my son's buggy. Was a right sod to fit, any clutch cable I've done on a bike was easier than this :(

Bugaboo-Cameleon.jpg

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Inspected and cleaned front and rear brake calipers, replaced the worn front pads with new.

Changed the oil and filter on the gsxr

Was the first time doing work on a bike it went ok, getting the fairings back on was a little awkward:o

Next job is to change the air filter and plugs although that looks a little bit more complicated :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Finally stopped raining so got the Caliper stripped and the piston cleaned nicely. Got it all back on and together just before the rain started again, so the pads aren't near the disc yet, that's a job for tomorrow. :)

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Changed the oil and filter on the gsxr

Was the first time doing work on a bike it went ok, getting the fairings back on was a little awkward:o

Next job is to change the air filter and plugs although that looks a little bit more complicated :rolleyes:

Cant wait to see the boike Darren....getting it primed and shiny for the summer. Leppla will be well pissed his bike is not the cleanest anymore :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Today I set up my new GoPro Hero 3 ready for Cadwell Park at the weekend :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭underwaterdog

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Today I set up my new GoPro Hero 3 ready for Cadwell Park at the weekend :cool:

Looking to get one of these. Which did you get and where did you get it from? How much did it cost you?

Looking to get one of these. Which did you get and where did you get it from? How much did it cost you?

http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/

Got the white version, with 16gb class 10 card & carry case for £232 all in :)

Check out the Drift Ghost HD also on the same site....its a cracking camera. I am looking to get either the GoPRO 3 or the Drift Ghost. I much prefer the look of the drift and the specs are equal if not better then the drift.

Took my brake calipers off Tuesday to fix the pistons which were seized. Only back on and fixed now because of the rain :pac: On the upside I learned a LOT about brakes in the last few days and how they work. :) Yay for knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

There are plenty of discount codes available to knock about 10 or 20% off the Ghost cameras.

Have personally had Go Pros for years and they are great.

johnk123 wrote: »
    There are plenty of discount codes available to knock about 10 or 20% off the Ghost cameras.

Have personally had Go Pros for years and they are great.

TBH I bought it as a learning tool for racing, being able to see my lines, braking points etc when not buzzing with adrenaline with be invaluable I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

DSC01768_zps35b83693.jpg
    Time for a brake service.
    DSC01784_zps039c1402.jpg
    I got nearly sixteen thousand out of these.
    DSC01785_zps1d58596b.jpg
    A quick clean up.
    DSC01787_zps8b499799.jpg
    A dollop of copper grease.
    DSC01788_zpseb662d8d.jpg
    Back together, dust cover on and then change the fluid, may aswell do the clutch with the left over.

Advertisement