Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show Your Retro\Arcade Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    Indeed, I'd at least stick some feet on that board!

Ah its fine like that, doesn't usually live on the carpet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I had to relinquish my games room to an expanding family and most of the collection now resides in a ikea wardrobe. It's a good way of organising games if you are tight on room. Could have posted pictures here before many moons ago.
    cl1h.jpg

cl3t.jpgcl4o.jpg
    cl5bx.jpghttp://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1062/cl6b.jpgcl2nk.jpg
    cl7v.jpghttp://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4515/cl8w.jpgcl8w.jpgcl6b.jpgcl91t.jpg
    cl92.jpgcl9h.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Very nice, very neat, I envy your tight collection!
    Mine looks like an explosion in RAGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Very nice, very neat, I envy your tight collection!
    Mine looks like an explosion in RAGE!

Thanks but it's just down to the wardrobe really. I would love to do a conversion on the attic but I don't have enough head room to stand up straight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Goods various

We have a winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I really like the neatness of Monkeykube's stuff there.

I just got mine stuff down out of the smelly, damp and hazardous attic anD DA TAH!

IMG_1657.jpg

Trying to move from these to these - http://www.tesco.com/direct/wham-crystal-24l-underbed-storage-box-with-lid-clear/208-2107.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=208-2107
    As I will be moving to a more permanent residence soon and don't really want to damage the stuff anymore than I have.

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

Kinda the ying to Monkeykube's yang or yang to ying.

Only thing that really damaged was two gameboy micro boxes - got squished - and the Turtles NES Console - sleeve got ripped! - and all the snes and gameboy boxes are a bit damp and might loose their shape.
    Any suggestions on how to avoid this or will it even happen?

Not too fussed about the micro boxes, while they are worth a bit they can be picked up relatively easily, however, the Turtles box isn't as common and it would get damaged.

Earthbound is safe.

I've had a really eventual ****ty three to four months but the worse thing is I haven't been able to play 60hz F-Zero yet or open a brand new snes game for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,607 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Some serious collection pr0n going on in here lately - keep it up!

I won't bore you all with the photos I've posted a million times before. But in an ode to my lost arcade cabs, here's a short history of my arcade machines.

Here's where it started, a leisure 2000 I picked up on ebay. Sat in my uncle's shed for about 5 months as I didn't have a van and had to wait until he was able to drive it up.

P9010241.jpg

Control panel was battered and the sticks were ****e, but I didn't care. The idea of having an arcade cab in the house just blew my mind. There was no marquee light, so rather sadly (!) I removed the marquee and stuck an outdoor lamp in behind. Ran a cable through the back and would plug it in separately. Rather rudimentary but it worked :D

P9010247.jpg

It came with a 1 slot MVS. First game I bought for it was Metal Slug X.

Soon after I'd buy a 6 slot and sold the 1 slot off to someone here.
    P9200278.jpg

Tried to bring the coin door back to life. Spent ages sanding it down, removed all the rust and gave it a repaint.

P9200277.jpg

It's also where I really learned to love The Last Blade :)

P9200282.jpg

Sadly I had to get rid of this cab to make room for the next one. On a happy note, it's sitting in a pub in on Thomas Street if I ever fancy paying it a visit :)

That was replaced with this beauty. Which never ****ing worked! Still, was a marvel to look at.

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0780.jpg

DSC_0779.jpg

I bought a two player CP for it from Steve_SI but sadly never got to fit it. It's now sitting on an Atomiswave somewhere in Brazil.

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0783.jpg

That sat there, broken, for a year. A year!! Imagine the frustration.

So, that was eventually sent back to where it came from and I was left cab-less for about 6 months. I spent bloody ages looking everywhere, but it was like candies just werent available at that time.

Until I saw Ronnie post this image over on AO

c252.jpg

I had to have it. I've always loved old SNK cabs (Especially the chromed CP ones) but had never seen one for sale.

Of course, the usual doubts come into your head.

It's pretty rare - no spare parts! Nobody will know anything about it if it breaks! It's in the Netherlands! What if it gets lost at sea/takes a knock?!

Then I think it was Ondafly who made a very simple post, but it stuck with me -

'Life is too short not to have a candy cab'. And you know what? He was bloody right!

So I bought it and have been absolutely delighted ever since.

IMG_0404.jpg

I really wish I'd had the space to keep all three. It would have been beyond amazing. I'd have used the SNK candy for MVS carts, rotated the Atomiswave for vertical shmups and used the woody for standard hori Jamma boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

safetyboy wrote: »
    8409203664_7222190ed2_b.jpg

crappy phone pic of a few bits..

Is that a Juno 60 I spot in the corner?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

OwaynOTT wrote: »

IMG_1655.jpg

A few of those carts were begging to be tipped over dominoes style! :D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    A few of those carts were begging to be tipped over dominoes style! :D

Happenee a few times akrite. Got confusing when we tried to play backgammon thiug. Alcohol 2oo. Ican spell alcohol not drink enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Happenee a few times akrite. Got confusing when we tried to play backgammon thiug. Alcohol 2oo. Ican spell alcohol not drink enough

I love it when people on this board get pissed. Atavan you may have competition here.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah that post is still readable. You've got a long way to go before you can punch in Atavans division

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

8409293476_a1387aac56_c.jpg

Is this an IKEA shelf unit? If so, which one!? :D Need some to tidy up a room and that one with the inserts would suit it great.

Is it this one with additional panel inserts?
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/80208652/#/60208648

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Yeah its the large 5x5 expedit unit with inserts added to split the shelves in half. The inserts are made from chopping up a pair of expedit 2x2 units to get the colour and texture to match.

The 'table' the Atari ST is on is made from the left over 2x2 unit so nothing wasted :)

Ah that post is still readable. You've got a long way to go before you can punch in Atavans division

Ill start up a rigorous regime and hopefully in a few months I can challenge him for his crown.
    Ithink I haveca bottle of captain Morgan here somewhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Here's mine. Done a big cleanup and a long overdue dusting today. Not much changed since last time I posted pics, just more games really. I also have boxes and boxes of various games and boxed and loose accessories stored away which I'm not arsed pulling out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Have to attach the pics as I'm on my phone.

Continued....

More!

And again...

• Advertisement

Last one!

Last one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some serious editing & embedding to do there Atavan, lovely stuff tho :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    Some serious editing & embedding to do there Atavan, lovely stuff tho :)

I will once I get a new hard drive :(

Zombie thread! I was cleaning up some stuff and decided to show my current Pokémon collection

9D20ECE9-0DA9-4575-AA96-7C27DAE54573-21214-0000125B8AB8B69C_zpsa3c9e234.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I guess you're having a hard time finding XD: Gale of Darkness at a decent price too?

Not pictured are a couple of copies of Pokémon stadium as I forgot about them :P

I want to get a complete copy of Red & Blue. Your the man to ask about that now arnt you!

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I guess you're having a hard time finding XD: Gale of Darkness at a decent price too?

I might have one sorted shortly but I'm not 100% sure.
    I want to get a complete copy of Red & Blue. Your the man to ask about that now arnt you!

I suppose!

• Advertisement

Well how much would I be paying for them?

I want to get them and display them next to gameboys of the same colour. Seems like a cool idea. Plus I like to make a special effort for games that really influenced me when i was younger

Advertisement