Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show Your Retro\Arcade Collection

Options
  • 10-01-2013 11:05pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is Cool with the mods, if not please remove. we used to have a thread like this before but its probably dead now. Took a few pics tonight while trying to sort out my "Office" after it was used as Santas Hiding place for presents over Christmas.

Basic idea of the thread is to post pics of your Retro Collection\Arcade collection. Fair few pics here so hope thats ok.

NES\SNES Stuff

IMG_3865.jpg

Handhelds and some other stuff
    IMG_3866.jpg

Few more consoles
    IMG_3867.jpg

Work in progress Taito Space Invaders Cocktail
    IMG_3868.jpg

Some more random stuff
    IMG_3869.jpg

More stuff,Cocktail Glass, Gold Zelda Statue from club nintendo etc.
    IMG_3871.jpg

Desk
    IMG_3872.jpg

Serenity Wall Poster Thing
    IMG_3873.jpg

Cabs, from the left, Mame Cab i Built, Donkey Kong Style Cab I fixed up with a 60in1 vertical board, SF2 Cab i cleaned up with CE in it, Electrocoin Xenon working im currently doing up as a dedicated Tetris Cab, and a non working Electrocoin Xenon (non working for now)
    IMG_3875.jpg

Donkey Kong
    IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

Street Fighter 2 Champions Edition
    IMG_3880.jpg

Moon Base Cocktail, needs restoring after im done with the others.
    IMG_3883.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Love the Cocktails Keith, some day I'll find one, closest for now is the alcoholic type.

My Defender(currently a JAMMA cab, will fully restore some day)
    bdtq1f.jpg

Incase I get slated for converting a Defender, this is how I received it, that is the original side art above BTW
    28mh7w8.jpg

The Pinball
    282h5e.jpg

Pinball and JAMMA cab how they stand now
    oazmro.jpg

The consoles(no room in the apartment for a CRT)
    There is now a Bose 321 squashed in there too
    1zq59wl.jpg

Will add pics of my games at some staage, they are currently spread around the house where ever they can fit without annoying the missus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

awesome stuff all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

great collections, super jealous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Beautiful cabs lads, and nice console collections too.
    I'll take some photos of my mess and throw them up here tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

An absolute cracker of a collection Keith, I tip my hat!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

EnterNow wrote: »
    An absolute cracker of a collection Keith, I tip my hat!

Cheers, at one stage i had about 100 megadrive games too, but i sold em off when we needed some money for the wedding. regretting that now, the selling of megadrive games not the wedding ;) Sold my boxed gamegear too :rolleyes:

Ive a pile of otherstuff not seen there, including a load of media kits for games I got sent out for the website, some of them are really cool, the god of war 3 one is the best looking, its in one of the pics above. Plus who could forget my CIB Pink Princess Peach 3DS I wont off Club Nintendo haha..

Looking forward to seeing everyone elses collections! Get posting!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Stunning collections (and great dusting skills)

Only Retro-consoles I have left is an original Master System, Atari ST (single sides drive version - sucked when Dungeon Master asked for a second disk at the half-way point) and an intellivision with speech add-on and about 15 games. Everything else (NES, Amiga, SNES, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Megadrive, PC Engine, gameboy (many versions), PS1, Vic20, C64 and possibly others were either given away to friends or family or traded in)

Ok most would have seen pics of my collection, heck I built the room while maintaining a thread on it here.

Anyway, to keep things current here's some recent snaps of the lot, sorry about the lighting, its a room that doesn't lend itself well to be photo'd.

The main setup, tv's & consoles

2hs87j7.jpg

Starting from the bottom left & working across. The Snes & Nes which are both NTSC-U. Mastersystem 2 which has a 60Hz switch

25qx844.jpg

Saturn Model 2. This has region switches fitted & is chipped.

23hvx8y.jpg

Working upwards now, the Panasonc 3DO FZ-1 {PAL :(}, N64 which is NTSC-U. The Megadrive 1, Mega CD 1 & 32X which are all fully 60Hz & region modded too.

2dvxtu.jpg

And then on the top of the left side of the setup, lies the Pc Engine Duo-R with is RGB modded & a Halo 3 edition 360 which is jtagged & instead of a dvd drive has a 1TB internal hdd. Oh a Spitfire & P51 also sit there too!

rro58w.jpg

No moving on the right side of the console setup, these sit in the bottom left corner of it. The ill fated Atari Jaguar {PAL :(} & a very much modded Gamecube. It is chipped & has a 3rd party Viper shell to allow full sized discs.

25s92qv.jpg

Next again is a modded Dreamcast, it has the region free Bios. Moving up over that is the softmodded crystal edition Xbox & that wears an Atari 2600 Jr as a cap

n6vwrd.jpg

Then to round off the shelved stuff, the Playstation 1 & Silver PS2. The PS1 is chipped & the PS2 is softmodded with an IDE hdd in the back of it.

x6eyv.jpg

Finally then sits the PC & the Wii U. I'll have to rearrange the setup somewhat & fit the Wii U in properly somewhere, but for now thats where it lives. I've moved the original Wii downstairs to the living room for Netflix reasons.

scq4gw.jpg

Everything showed above is running at 60Hz where possible, & RGB's where possible. Some have to use AV where there's no other option, & I have it split up with two 4 way scart splitters that support full RGB. The room has a 4 port gigabit switch for the consoles that need it, & it only takes a few seconds of switches & plugs to get from one console working to another.

On the right side as your looking into the attic from the door lie these shelves. I used to display all the handhelds here but space is such a premium in the room that I've had to pack them mostly away.

6fnukj.jpg

Screen & region modded Nomad, 3DS, DS & Gamegear.

nxklmg.jpg

Two cfw'd PSP's in replacement shells I got from Rewind Bits, & the Wii U Pad. An assortment of Lego Minifigs guard all this

28c0om1.jpg

An assortment of Lightguns, pads, & surround sound head set

2hprl3c.jpg

Directly opposite those shelves, are these ones

2quiyyb.jpg

Some Snes, N64, 32X & 2600 carts

20zyya8.jpg

Part of the 360 collection

14vtceq.jpg

Then on the back partition wall there's more stuff

2z3xkrc.jpg

25zqot0.jpg

2zqbxmw.jpg

2hfo03l.jpg

2ly4nqu.jpg

v4mccg.jpg

6omxiv.jpg

I got this cool little Atari case thing off Infideals ages ago

2dkbbt0.jpg

23kad03.jpg

And not to mention my still sealed Skyward Sword which I plan to retire off :rolleyes:

vmuqdw.jpg

Thats basically it. Whats still packed away is stuff I basically don't have room for:

Commodore 64
    Gameboy
    Gameboy Colour
    GBA
    GBA SP
    GBA Micro
    Nintendo DS {phat original type}
    Nintendo DSi XL {25th Anniversary Mario Edition}

My games section needs some serious work though.

Nice, id love my attic converted like that, ill get around to it eventually! No pics of your cabs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Not mine, but a very nice ZX Spectrum collection on the Banksy forums (at the bottom of the page)

http://banksyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=urbanart&action=display&thread=69634&page=504

• Registered Users Posts: 34,544 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy **** Enternow, that's some progress you've made with that. It's an Aladdin's cave! Looks amazing.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Nice, id love my attic converted like that, ill get around to it eventually! No pics of your cabs?

The outdoor shed needs a good tidying at this stage man, will have to save those for another day. Though only having two cabs, feels kinda pointless posting them after that museum quality display you have going on!
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Holy **** Enternow, that's some progress you've made with that. It's an Aladdin's cave! Looks amazing.

Cheers dude, its grand yeah...just too damned small :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,544 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Cheers dude, its grand yeah...just too damned small :(

You have an attic dedicated to consoles and a shed big enough for multiple cabs, what else could a man want! :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    You have an attic dedicated to consoles and a shed big enough for multiple cabs, what else could a man want! :D

An attic I could stand up straight in & a shed I can enjoy cabs in other than in the months of June to August :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I posted mine before as well but since then there has been massive changes and here is my collection as it stands.

cardboard-box-cropped.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Some lovely, errr, looking boxes you got there old chap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mint and only one of them opened!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We will all await the multitude of unboxing videos that'll be associated with finding them all a permanent home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

keithgeo wrote: »

Cabs, from the left, Mame Cab i Built, Donkey Kong Style Cab I fixed up with a 60in1 vertical board, SF2 Cab i cleaned up with CE in it, Electrocoin Xenon working im currently doing up as a dedicated Tetris Cab, and a non working Electrocoin Xenon (non working for now)
    IMG_3875.jpg

Whats the story with the two Electrocoins, Are they new additions to the family?
    where did you get your greasy paws on them.
    They were the staple cab in many arcade back in the day.

You are king amongst men man.....Animal cabs and a great collection.Fair play

• Advertisement

Whats the story with the two Electrocoins, Are they new additions to the family?
    where did you get your greasy paws on them.
    They were the staple cab in many arcade back in the day.

You are king amongst men man.....Animal cabs and a great collection.Fair play

Haha thanks, I got them off adverts a month or so back, they need a bit of work looks wise, they are in bits. One works great the other needs a chassis repair. I'm making one a dedicated tetris cab, not sure what to do with the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭shleedance

New guy here. Here is a recent photo I took of my entertainment section of my room:

fWfDZ.jpg?1

The majority of games are stored in the various drawers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I dont really have many pics of my full retro setup. I seem to change it every month or two (replace one IKEA thing for another etc etc).
    Here's a pic of one side of my man cave from a while back, things have changed a bit since then and you cant really see a lot from it.

dsc1683nice.jpg

I'll take some nice pics in a few weeks when I'm finished redecorating the whole room.

Here's my Candy cab (downstairs).
    dsc2872b.jpg

I'd love to display my games like a lot of people do here but its just no possible as after 20 years of collecting stuff (I didn't take up collecting, I've just been keeping stuff since I was a kid and adding to it :)) there's just too much of it so the get stored in presses and things like that.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Excellent thread. Keep it up lads.

Mad jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Steve SI wrote: »

Here's my Candy cab (downstairs).
    dsc2872b.jpg

I'd love to display my games like a lot of people do here but its just no possible as after 20 years of collecting stuff (I didn't take up collecting, I've just been keeping stuff since I was a kid and adding to it :)) there's just too much of it so the get stored in presses and things like that.

Actual CPSIII with functioning 3S?! :eek:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Actual CPSIII with functioning 3S?! :eek:

Mame

Yeah, Hyperspin/MAME running in the pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The picture doesn't do that cab justice, tis a thing of beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Monkeykube wrote: »
    The picture doesn't do that cab justice, tis a thing of beauty.

+1 on that

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think I've pretty much got the whole product close up shots down but I'm still not great at getting a nice pic of a full cab for some reason :o

Crappy full cab pic a few posts above/back

Nice close-up pic below
    dsc2867bsml.jpg

Advertisement