Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show Your Retro\Arcade Collection

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmmm, textured balls!

sorry, had to.....

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

Keith great to see my virtual boy still has pride of place. I've gone mad with my NES collection. We literally have a room in the house dedicated to it.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Keith great to see my virtual boy still has pride of place. I've gone mad with my NES collection. We literally have a room in the house dedicated to it.

Al.

Need to bone up on your snes collection there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

V nice collections, having stuff out on shelves is nice but I'd be gritting my teeth. The dust!

Heres a few snippets of my Nintendo fanboy oriented collection thus far

24o9h6h.jpg
    2i25uds.jpg

NES games, grey Zapper and pikey bootleg NES

25qt6rd.jpg

SNES drawer. Not as many boxed as I'd like, in fact so many loose x( Some of the proest loose games at the front, F-Zero and Vegas Stakes NTSC sealed at the back (can be bought for peanuts! At least you could before). Rogue wire all throughout

fz2duf.jpg

N64 with most my games, good amount boxed at least, few more out of shot

25s3me8.jpg

Bita GameCube. Is GameCube retro now? I think so

214ctp2.jpg

Just a few wee present day trinkets, should probably have gotten the Limited Edition or whatever of the RPGs but how and ever, I'm not really into special editions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Advertisement

@ Burkey0 - Terranigma boxed! A very nice get there. Not a bad collection and its great if your only starting out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Burkey0 wrote: »
    V nice collections, having stuff out on shelves is nice but I'd be gritting my teeth. The dust!

Heres a few snippets of my Nintendo fanboy oriented collection thus far

24o9h6h.jpg
    2i25uds.jpg

NES games, grey Zapper and pikey bootleg NES

25qt6rd.jpg

SNES drawer. Not as many boxed as I'd like, in fact so many loose x( Some of the proest loose games at the front, F-Zero and Vegas Stakes NTSC sealed at the back (can be bought for peanuts! At least you could before). Rogue wire all throughout

fz2duf.jpg

N64 with most my games, good amount boxed at least, few more out of shot

25s3me8.jpg

Bita GameCube. Is GameCube retro now? I think so

214ctp2.jpg

Just a few wee present day trinkets, should probably have gotten the Limited Edition or whatever of the RPGs but how and ever, I'm not really into special editions

You have Desert Strike....my all time favourite game!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

didnt even know Paper Mario came out on the n64

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

didnt even know Paper Mario came out on the n64

I'm shocked!
    It's excellent, I have it somewhere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm shocked!
    It's excellent, I have it somewhere

I concur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,547 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have a lovely minty boxed copy of that in my parents attic back home. Actually I've a load of fully boxed n64 games there which I haven't dug out in years!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    I have a lovely minty boxed copy of that in my parents attic back home. Actually I've a load of fully boxed n64 games there which I haven't dug out in years!

Hopefully they are well protected from the damp or that will be one depressing experience when you go back to check on them.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hopefully they are well protected from the damp or that will be one depressing experience when you go back to check on them.

Indeed! That's one thing which worries me. I took a lot of care while storing all of it. It's all in the centre of the attic where most of the heat is, in Tesco crates, with loads of tshirts for padding and plastic bags on top.

My main concern now is mice. Imagine going back to it to find a mouse had chewed his way through a load of games :eek:

I've a load of stuff stored in an attic at the moment and I did get a shock recently when those who own the attic decided to pack stuff on top of each other.
    Now I stupidly only used cardboard boxes, as I thought it would only be a few weeks, and sure didn't the boxes collapse.
    One of my gameboy micro boxes was destroyed and I hadn't the heart to check the rest out. I will be taking the bulk of the stuff out tomorrow night and I am absolutely dreading the experience. Butterflies in my stomach.
    The worse thing is I know that they were up the attic last week moving stuff around and I know my stuff will not be handled with care.
    I told them how expensive the stuff was.
    'Sure their only videogames'

Thanks lads

o1s1n, I bought it new and somehow misplaced/destroyed the box and manual x( worth some good dollars now.

IMO the best of the Paper Marios

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Burkey0 wrote: »

214ctp2.jpg

I hope your happy with yourself, posting this picture has just made me go and splurge on all 3 of them! :D I have been humming and hawwing over them for the last week and that picture just pushed me over the edge! Now I just hope they live up to the hype.

Oh gosh. Good to see my praise is regarded so highly, I suppose

Xenoblade I've not yet finished but does a lot right, once you've gotten your head round the combat system. The quests are enticing and it's one of those games where the equipment actually changes the appearances of the characters ;) Needs a few hours before you get into it, I think many are lukewarm at first before being hooked.

I should probably leave it for you to experience ingame yourself first, but if not then here's a sneak preview of the excellent music of one of the game's best areas ;)

Pandora's Tower is less RPG-like, more an action adventure, almost a dungeon crawler. Haven't played too much of it, mind, and it is certainly a bit limited graphically. Another slow-burner, probably the weaker link of the three. I do believe it's finally being given a US release. Boo!

And The Last Story I just haven't had time for! But it's well regarded with a triffic soundtrack and more tactical battling, even stealth if you want. Must play more of it

In any case, good to get them before they ramp up in value! And also to hear the Queen's English accents common to all three :pac:

You have Desert Strike....my all time favourite game!! :)

m-judi-dench-goldeneye-300x162.jpg

"I prefer Urban"

:p

Urbanledge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

More pics of collections, less waddle :D

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    More pics of selection boxes, less waddle :D

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    :confused:

I think waddle is meant to be 'curly-wurly'

Master of the Universe

Los Lobos wrote: »

I think waddle is meant to be 'curly-wurly'

Well 'f' is beside 'd' on the keyboard...I think enternow wants to see less potato waffles.

I think he meant to say "twaddle", which means someone has been watching too much Downton Abbey.....
    Next thing he'll be accusing Atavan of having it away with one of the servant girls and now she'll have to be sent away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Waddle is a word for ballsology. At least, I think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

8409203664_7222190ed2_b.jpg

crappy phone pic of a few bits..

safetyboy wrote: »
    8409203664_7222190ed2_b.jpg

crappy phone pic of a few bits..

Boxed Secret of Mana? Ye Jammy Arab ye

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Still amazed how much I managed to squeeze into the small box room.

8409293250_0136446a34_c.jpg

8409293476_a1387aac56_c.jpg

Not got much in the way of boxed stuff, although those Jaguar games are still in the shrink wrap.

8408199123_94b6594907_c.jpg

8409292564_9d3f0108bf_c.jpg

Work-in-progress 'supergun' really needs a case :)

8409293430_dba6a8022e_c.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@The Last Bandit - slick setup dude, very nice. Nice to see the Atari ST getting some love too (although I was/am in the Amiga camp myself). PCB on the carpet though? :eek:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Indeed, I'd at least stick some feet on that board!

Advertisement