Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM104 - Man trying to commit suicide - mod note post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

been cut i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

the tension

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

He's losing it now. I'm shítting myself. Don't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

It's getting serious now. Jesus. I hope this is some stupid hoax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Bizarre that they are broadcasting this, would they not cut the feed and leave jeremy talking to him off air... I think Niall Boylan had a similar issue back in the day and he talked the guy out of it, was back on his old show, possibly with 98FM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

This I getting ridiculous. Cut the show and talk to him off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

site down?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Has anyone else been cut off? Can't hear it anymore.

Thank god he's calmed down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

What bridge is he on?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

holy jaysis man on a bridge claiming he's about to jump off, then they cut to adds that have the sounds of someone diving into water!!

for the love of dog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

FM104 should be ****ing crucified for this.
    After the past couple of months we've had in this country with suicide being such a sensitive current topic they should have a bit of ****ing class.

If anything did happen, I hope the producers and presenter could live with themselves knowing they broadcast a man taking his own life just to get trending on twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 ERPR

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Thank god he's calmed down

Big surprise that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Anita Blow wrote: »
    FM104 should be ****ing crucified for this.
    After the past couple of months we've had in this country with suicide being such a sensitive current topic they should have a bit of ****ing class.

If anything did happen, I hope the producers and presenter could live with themselves knowing they broadcast a man taking his own life just to get trending on twitter.

I find that extremely harsh. I would presume the producers and presenters don't deal with the very often and may not know what to do. Imagine they cut it and then the guy jumped straight away. I feel extremely bad for them as they have been put in a horrible situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

Site down, don't think those outside the pale can get it.

Bad form either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

He threatened to jump if they cut him off, it's not the first time he's done this either. Must be a horrible situation for the actual DJ in no way is he trained for this stuff can only imagine what he'll be like if he does do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I don't know if it's my connection or what but i got cut off. Anybody else got cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Sprung upon you?that means you put it on air yeah?bollocks excuse.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Bad form either way.
    At a guess it's being so widely talked about that the stream is currently being overloaded and can't take on any new listeners, and keeps cutting out

EDIT: Back now, I'm using the aac stream.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Line's gone dead. Scary stuff. Poor Jeremy is going to need a psychologist himself after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Absolutely disgusting that someone decided this was broadcast material.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 ERPR

Line's gone dead. Scary stuff. Poor Jeremy is going to need a psychologist himself after this.

They hung up because the services there asked them to

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adam500

The caller should have been taken of the air and handled personally, doesn't feel right that this guys emotional state should be allowed to be potentially ridiculed by the masses. Suicide is a serious matter. Hope he gets the help he needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

FM104 really is gutter radio

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This is absolute bullshit.

'It'd be disrespectful to leave the topic now'... sickening stuff.

Aren't there strict media guidelines on reporting suicides? They should just end the show for the night at this stage, let alone keep talking about it and asking the public for their reactions.

A new low.. talk about a race to the bottom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

God, that's shocking to listen to.

I think the presenter was just trying his best to talk him down.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I found it strange how when he was spoken to via his headphones you could hear it over the microphone.

• Advertisement

Bad form either way.
    Why would you want to listen to a seriously ill man wanting to kill himself?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement