Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvantCard - MBNA

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I think i cracked the password issue, i included a capital letter and a number into my password (despite the fact that it does not state that it is a requirement) and bingo im in!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

I've been trying to register all day to be told my card is inactive....but yet when I ring the helpline and type in my number, the robot can tell me my most up-to-date balance from Monday (last used the card)....no mention of the payment I made either. Waiting 15 minutes to talk to a human, might give up considering the last post

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

Gave up after 27 minutes on hold...I'll be getting onto the financial regulator, it takes 7 days for a payment to clear and I've no idea when I'll see that payment on the card with the system is in such a mess so I don't want to be hit with a late payment fee thru no fault of my own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Galadriel wrote: »
    I hear you can't pay in the post office anymore?

It says you can in their FAQ section

With Billpay you can pay your credit card bill at over 1,000 An Post offices nationwide. Simply bring your credit card or Payment slip together with your cash or laser card payment to any An Post automated office. If you are paying by cheque, make it payable to An Post. Please allow 3 business days for it to reach your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

i registered this morning using chrome. happy that its at least partially working again now and i can login. i would really like for them to have just inherited the mbna website too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Have tried several times now to register but still can't. Was getting a message saying my card wasn't recognised this morning, spend the guts of half an hour on hold but spoke to a very nice girl who gave me my new account number and said that the site was having some technical issues and to try again later.
    Just tried 5 times in the last hour using both Firefox & IE to no avail.
    Starting to get a little frustrated now :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 d4lc

Called them this evening and was left holding for 43 mins, called again later and now holding 37 mins. What is it with this shower? Should I expect much when their website has the complaint incorrectly spelled?! Anyone actually get to talk to them? When is the best time to ring them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lpw

This is farcical at this point - trying all day and all i'm getting to is the 'Sorry your request....'. Tried a variety of browsers, etc.

Based on what some people are saying, i'm wondering if this is partially a monumental screwup in the data import stage - that those of us that can't login/register basically dont have our data in their system yet. Pure speculation, but its a guess of something that a company which cant hack together a decent website might screw up.

Looking at the announcement there are 200k accounts - if they screwed up their time estimate for the import this could easily take ages.... I have zero confidence in this crowd given how abysmal their site is, regardless of the registration stuff working.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lighthouse991

They defo haven't migrated all accounts yet - what a disaster!

We have two credit cards with them. This morning i was trying to register both, but kept getting @try again later@ message. Later in the afternoon I was finally able to register my credit card, but when I tried registering my husband's card, again got @try again later@. Tried again this evening - same issue. Thought that maybe i got this message because I was entering some details incorrectly and tried registering my own card again to see what I get, but with my card it correctly told me that it was already registered or when i entered incorrect digits for the phone number, it gave me the message details were incorrect. So looks like my husbands account hasn't been migrated yet even thought his was open back in 2002, I think.

Looks like worth writing a lovely letter to Financial Ombudsman.

P.S. I can only imagine the level of security they've put in if any considering the state of their website and database.

Thanks for that reply - feels like confirmation - more than anything we've heard from the company.

What would mitigate any of this would be ANY communication from Avant. It is unbelievable that they havn't at the very least updated the website with a message saying there's disruption, please bear with us, etc.

The fact that nobody in that company has thought that any communication is required is an incredibly bad signal for the type of service that can be expected. Really annoyed too because MBNA did offer a nice website, and overall was decent to deal with.

It's not the reps fault in Carrick either - there seems to be a complete absence of leadership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 curr33

quenching wrote: »
    Login pages may be up but I cannot register no matter what password I choose, I've read the password rules and all variations of password comply with them, yet its still saying they are invalid. A further 25 minutes on hold to their customer service number and I'm told some people have registered this morning, and they don't know why I can't.

I have spent I don't know how long trying to do the same thing.It won't accept any password or memorable name. all my bills are online so no idea how much to pay. Think I'll be moving once I can pay this bill

• Registered Users Posts: 35 curr33

does anyone know if you can view your balance online with Tesco credit cards? Don't like that they only have a tel number as their contact and no email

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭soupdrinker

I normally pay my mbna card through my aib banking on line- i have it set up as a bill. Can i not do this for this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

curr33 wrote: »
    does anyone know if you can view your balance online with Tesco credit cards? Don't like that they only have a tel number as their contact and no email

You can't look up your account online with Tesco and there is also no automated system for it, you will always have to speak to an agent.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I normally pay my mbna card through my aib banking on line- i have it set up as a bill. Can i not do this for this month?

Yes you can. The payment details haven't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

brettmirl wrote: »
    After registering earlier, I now cannot log in...and it seems my account has been locked.

Rang the above number, to be told their customer service centre was closed and to try again between 8am and 8pm.... :mad:

I think I'll just wait another day or two before attempting to register. Just let the dust settle a bit. Good tips on passwords people, thanks. I would have expected the requirement to be at least one capital letter and at least one digit, pretty standard on high security websites.

So this definitely isn't a load issue (ie too many people trying to access), tried just then and still getting 'Sorry, the page you requested is not available at this time. Please try again later.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Looks like I'm gonna have to go to the post office today so, it said on my bill that you can pay through billpay.ie (I've always just paid via laser on mbna.ie) so took a look; if you search through 'Our Billers' you can see AvantCard but if I click on the 'One off payment' section you don't see it on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Am having similar difficulties as most others.Doesn't inspire confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone who is still having issues registering online, don't bother trying to ring them. Their systems are still not fully ready and the person on the other end of the phone can't do anything. So save your time and money (at least 20 minutes and €1.60) and a little bit of sanity with that awful on hold music, as it isnt going to be of any use when they do answer the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I got through after 40mins on hold. They said they reset my account and to try register again, but to leave it 15mins.

Left it 30mins, just to be on the safe side, account is still locked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

What's the odds that this is going to result in a whole load of late payments / unprocessed payments which will then result in people falling into arrears and getting no sympathy ?

I am not impressed at all with how they're dealing with this. The first thing they need to do is to regularly update their website explaining why their online and phone services aren't working and giving regular updates about what they're doing to resolved that and when it will be up and running.

I would also suggest that they waive late payment fees for 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Solair wrote: »
    What's the odds that this is going to result in a whole load of late payments / unprocessed payments which will then result in people falling into arrears and getting no sympathy ?

I am not impressed at all with how they're dealing with this. The first thing they need to do is to regularly update their website explaining why their online and phone services aren't working and giving regular updates about what they're doing to resolved that and when it will be up and running.

I would also suggest that they waive late payment fees for 30 days.

I logged in with success last night.

Doesnt show the last payment that i made under a week ago. This was made direct from 365. Miffed about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

listermint wrote: »
    I logged in with success last night.

Doesnt show the last payment that i made under a week ago. This was made direct from 365. Miffed about that.

Its says after you logged in that your previous transactions will show in the coming days as they are updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Its says after you logged in that your previous transactions will show in the coming days as they are updated.

I hope this is the case. Its all too haphazard presently

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Cant register,saying password invalid,,their phone no is just cutting off. Nice work Avant. No communication.
    Are they processing these alphabetically?? My surname begins with M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Tried to ring them even rang the credit card stolen number hoping I could get transfered. Thats not working either, god help anyone who loses their card while this big mees is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Is there an email address I can contact them on rather than ringing and holding. I just want to find out if things will be resolved as I can't register an account with them (it's saying my card is already registered).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If they can't manage to answer phone calls in a timely manner, an email reponse (even if they had an email contact form, and would discuss account issues over it) seems highly unlikely to be faster..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 born 2 shop

To protect our customers against online fraud we have limited the amount customers can pay towards a statement balance via our site. The maximum online payment limit is €750.00 per payment.

If you want to pay more than the maximum online payment limit towards a statement balance you will need to use an alternative payment method such as in the Post Office.

Is this not madness. I have to go to the post office now if I want to pay €800. I, too am tired of waiting for someone to answer the phone. I will go to the post office, clear my bill and move to BOI credit cards. Avant are not inspiring me with confidence at all. Their attitude towards their new customers is a disgrace. Some feedback from them on their site would be appreciated!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement