Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvantCard - MBNA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 g.a.b.e.

This is so irritating. You would think with all that money that they would employ people able to make a seamless changeover.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Massive changeovers like this are rarely seamless, to be honest.

That said, the holding page is pretty shabby looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ann81

My card was declined yesterday both online and in a shop though I'm nowhere near my limit, has this happened to anyone else?

And of course the website isn't working yet and I haven't been able to get through to them on the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ann81 wrote: »
    My card was declined yesterday both online and in a shop though I'm nowhere near my limit, has this happened to anyone else?

And of course the website isn't working yet and I haven't been able to get through to them on the phone!

And being a Bank Holiday, they are not open today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ann81

Oh god forgot that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Yup happened me yesterday too! Bit embarrassing !

AFAIK they're open 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

They must be having siesta!

3 days later, registration page still not available? Their PR person will be busy tomorrow.

I'm a bit confused too. Got new card and have no idea how to activate it. When I logged into MBNA a few days ago the activate new card links were nowhere to be seen...

I'm sure it'll smooth out over the coming day or so, but didn't think it would be that messy.

Hopefully if I make a payment to them it's not going to go missing ...

I really don't like being without online banking though ! I keep a very close eye on my cards most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

What a messy embarrassing start this has turned into. Why didn't they leave the MBNA site up until the Avant one is ready?

I'm unsure how much I need to pay to clear the card this month, will I be hit with interest if this continues much longer?

Never mind, found the statement :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

"Massive changeovers like this are rarely seamless, to be honest. "

while it may be accurate to say that it shouldnt be acceptable. they make enough ****ing money. a working website .. how hard can it ****ing be? there was already one there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

BuffyBot wrote: »
    AFAIK they're open 24/7.

Not for everything, from the site
    If you have any urgent account queries, give us a call on 0818 409 511 Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturday 8am to 2pm.

To let us know that your card has been Lost or Stolen ring 0818 409 511 or +353719656262 from abroad 24 hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

This site is still down. Usless shower of (expletive) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

I got an email from Netflix saying there was a problem authorising my membership fee!

What are this shower playing at???

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Incomps .

This is actually ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Maybe they have decided that they don't want to continue the business anymore and are preparing us for a credit card cancelation wave in which they only expect us to serve the debt but don't allow us to continue using the cards.

I always thought there would be problems but not having a website is one thing, having card declined as not valid is another thing, it should not happen but by the looks of it the cards are not valid at this point in time.

Let's see if they fix it today, if not then trouble is ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Used my card to buy petrol this morning with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beetleboy

I haven't been able to get through to them on the phone!

I can't phone them cause I can't top up my mobile. My card was rejected by Vodafone just now.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Krusty2

Solair wrote: »
    Yup happened me yesterday too! Bit embarrassing !

This happened to a friend of mine as well last week. Turns out he had made a few late payments over the year so they cut off his credit without warning. Now has a stain on his credit record. He was well under his credit limit too and always repaid the minimum and above each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Just phoned the contact number listed, 0818 409 511, after 25 minutes on hold I go through to a grumpy "customer support" agent. She said that they hoped the website would be working later today but after that she knew nothing, I managed to check my current balance with her but she couldn't wait to get off the phone. Its years since I've experienced such bad customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

quenching wrote: »
    Just phoned the contact number listed, 0818 409 511, after 25 minutes on hold I go through to a grumpy "customer support" agent. She said that they hoped the website would be working later today but after that she knew nothing, I managed to check my current balance with her but she couldn't wait to get off the phone. Its years since I've experienced such bad customer service.

Irish based ? or elsewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Irish based. Just off phone now. Seems their systems are down and they couldn't even check balance for me. Would it be too much to expect that they would put an automated message instead of the silly music while I was on hold, to save me waiting to have someone tell me that other than answer the call, there is nothing they can do.

Shocking service, but not the fault of the person who did answer.

They are hoping that their systems would be back up in an hour or so. But didn't sound like they had a clue if that would actually be the case.

Irish based ? or elsewhere ?

Call centre is still the MBNA UK/Ireland operation in Leitrim, probably as part of the sale deal that support services will be provided for X amount of time.

Sounds like they're having serious teething issues migrating customers over to their IT system then.
    I'd be very surprised if it went without any kind of hitch. These systems are usually huge, quirky and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

I just checked my cc account on mbna.ie and it shows my card account is CLOSED despite the fact it was fully working one before 15/03.
    A switch over from mbna to avancard with a problems like that is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭SteM

Solair wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused too. Got new card and have no idea how to activate it.

Are they sending out new cards to all of their customers? I haven't received an new one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ok, just tried to check on the new site, still down.

I am gonna guess this will not be fixed up for a few days, as someone said already, these CC systems are so old, and prob a pain to set up, not just a simple transfer.

Also, whats the story with people saying their CC account is closed? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Also, whats the story with people saying their CC account is closed? Why?

If you go to www.mbna.co.uk (yes the UK site) and you log on (with your Irish username/pass) you will see that the account comes up as closed there (0€ credit line) possibly with a small outstanding balance (i.e. last open payment from your last bill).

I think some people are interpreting this as to their card account being closed, I interpret it as my account with MBNA is closed and I still hope that my account with Avantcard still exists and will be available online soon.

But giving that several people (myself including) are unable to use their cards there is reason to be concerned that this is more than a simple our systems are not ready yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jogara

I also have been on line for nearly an hour now and it's getting really frustrating, as I have called all of the phone numbers listed on the website, I also sent an email to customerservice@avantcard.ie and recieved the below response-. I also tried to use my card on Sunday and was told it was no longer working!
    This email address is not monitored. If you have a Customer Service Query, please ring our dedicated Customer Service number 0818 409 511 Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm, Saturday 8am – 2pm, Closed Sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

I think some people are interpreting this as to their card account being closed, I interpret it as my account with MBNA is closed and I still hope that my account with Avantcard still exists and will be available online soon.

Yes, that's probably correct interpretation that mbna account has to be initially closed to allow account reactivation by registering a new one with avancard.ie :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement