Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Timmyctc wrote: »
    More PR and hype about their games. I ended up playing FO3 again :P

i've got a few fallout 3 mods open in tabs and scratching my chin in contemplation

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Thats a shame, I'd like to think Bethesda left it play out because they wanted to see what happens as much as us!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The hoaxer posted an AMA on Reddit. Apparently he has had 14 death threats already, the whole thing cost him 990 dollars and he created a CGI trailer to release as well but Bethesda contacted him and were pretty pi$$ed. He said he will still release the traler at some point, just not yet. He wanted to try and force an official reveal from the devs but it didn't work.

Now, it's interesting why Bethesda left it go on so long and did their Fallout sale on PSN stem from taking advantage of this hoax?

http://kotaku.com/fallout-4-hoaxer-just-wanted-to-watch-the-world-burn-1479362778?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

• Registered Users Posts: 26,309 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Excellent work by the person in question anyway.

IU am not going to get too pissed off - I sincerely doubt the company is really angry either!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

noodler wrote: »
    Excellent work by the person in question anyway.

IU am not going to get too pissed off - I sincerely doubt the company is really angry either!

yeah me either, if anything it's shown how much interest there is in another fallout game, and generated a load of publicity for bethesda for the sake of one guys efforts and 990 dorrah :)

wouldn't surprise me if they offered him a job lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The hoaxer posted an AMA on Reddit. Apparently he has had 14 death threats already, [...]

And people wonder why gamers and their wider community have such an atrocious reputation and are regularly picked on? Only a minority of people of course, but still an unbelievable response over a game - or rather the faking of one. I hope the prankster passed the threats on to the police and they pursue these delinquents. Honestly, I was fairly po'ed to learn this was all just an elaborate hoax myself, but a little common sense was applied and I got on with my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

An impressive and elaborate hoax that got me playing Fallout 3 again :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well after all the kerfuffle with the hoax, Kotaku are reporting that a Fallout 4, set in Boston, is indeed in the works at Bethesda thanks to bunch of leaked documents sent to them:

http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well after all the kerfuffle with the hoax, Kotaku are reporting that a Fallout 4, set in Boston, is indeed in the works at Bethesda thanks to bunch of leaked documents sent to them:

http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

Fool me once.... etc.

I'll wait to get my hopes up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

And people wonder why gamers and their wider community have such an atrocious reputation and are regularly picked on?
    This is far from a uniquely gaming problem. Writers, actors, essentially public sphere people *will get that* I'm sorry to say. You get anything or anyone with a big enough following you'll see to the same extent that people are fans, people will conversely be against them to the point of sending death threats. If it's any consolation and in an effort to minimize you losing all regard for humanity, know that these people are actually very very much the minority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

sigh now i fell like the lad who started the HL3 thread.....many many moons will pass :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I loved the hoax, even if i hated the ****er for a few days. Really well done, and fair play to him.

Hopefully we get some sort of actual news soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

And people wonder why gamers and their wider community have such an atrocious reputation and are regularly picked on? Only a minority of people of course, but still an unbelievable response over a game - or rather the faking of one. I hope the prankster passed the threats on to the police and they pursue these delinquents. Honestly, I was fairly po'ed to learn this was all just an elaborate hoax myself, but a little common sense was applied and I got on with my day.

In fairness.. i lost count of the amount of times someone has messaged me saying they're going to beat the **** out of me, kill me or even rape my dog when playing online games. Thats just the internet and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Got a good laugh outta dem sort of messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I went back to the NV dlc and played old world blues. Its great, good characters too. The SM dlc put me off fallout as it was just not fun. Stripes you off all items at the start, not much ammo and enemies dont drop much or nothing in the case of holograms. Not to mention speakers setting off the explosive collar. It was just far less fun than the main game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Magill wrote: »
    In fairness.. i lost count of the amount of times someone has messaged me saying they're going to beat the **** out of me, kill me or even rape my dog when playing online games. Thats just the internet and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Got a good laugh outta dem sort of messages.

it's only a shame your name isn't sarkeesian, could have made some money out of it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I went back to the NV dlc and played old world blues. Its great, good characters too. The SM dlc put me off fallout as it was just not fun. Stripes you off all items at the start, not much ammo and enemies dont drop much or nothing in the case of holograms. Not to mention speakers setting off the explosive collar. It was just far less fun than the main game.

I really liked SM, loved the atmosphere and that you were back to square one again. The collars and the mist got annoying at times though. I imagine on hardcore it would be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I really liked SM, loved the atmosphere and that you were back to square one again. The collars and the mist got annoying at times though. I imagine on hardcore it would be a nightmare.

I wish there was less combat in SM though, if you didn't have to fight the enemies so much it would have been more enjoyable. They were kind of scary to start with, especially before you cop that
    dismemberment kills them
    but later it just becomes a drag dealing with them.
    The atmosphere, characters and story were great in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,309 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Assume we have all seen the Kotaku leaks?

They say they have VO audition scripts confirming Boston, MIT and all that stuff.

EDIT: Its also being reported on IGN and CVG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

noodler wrote: »
    Assume we have all seen the Kotaku leaks?

They say they have VO audition scripts confirming Boston, MIT and all that stuff.

EDIT: Its also being reported on IGN and CVG.

I'd say its true like, but tbf Kotaku and IGN are shíte :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hopefully its the game they're showing at E3 next week.

Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

it's only a shame your name isn't sarkeesian, could have made some money out of it

Jesus the amount of vitriolic hate mail I got from her supporters for an article that ACTUALLY AGREED WITH HER POINTS a while back was insane. Swore never to mention her name again after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Hopefully its the game they're showing at E3 next week.

Link

They've already said it's not I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

COYVB wrote: »
    They've already said it's not I believe

Looks like being Evil Within.......GUTTED...........whilst a little excited at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It was said a few weeks ago that nothing about Fallout 4 will be at E3 this year. It seems the next Fallout game is way, way out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Seems like somebody's trying to start the rumours up again. And I'm all for helping them by posting said rumours here. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:( getting my hopes up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Once bitten, twice shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Once bitten, twice shy.

I feel like we've been bitten a lot :(

This thread is as bad as the half life 3 thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This thread is as bad as the half life 3 thread