Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, that pcgamer one pretty much has the main ones.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Now quit with the NV talk :D everytime i see a new post on this i get excited :(
    This is nothing. I've been subscribed to the Half Life 3 thread for about 5 years now, and still get my hopes up every bump :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kiith wrote: »
    This is nothing. I've been subscribed to the Half Life 3 thread for about 5 years now, and still get my hopes up every bump :(

Someone beat me to it :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I used to switch between Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I loved Fallout much, much more, but Lord jaysus, I needed a holiday somewhere sunny so I didn't let the perpetual grimness get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

ABy88gg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Any recommendations, for either? I'm considering a playthrough of both at some stage before FO4 comes out presumably late 14,early 15.

Go with 3 if you are going to play nv too. One minor issue with 3 was the areas get a bit samey so it would be hard to got to that after nv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

God damn Deathclaws. I don't think I stepped foot near a hive of those bastids in either Fallour 3 or NV. I may have killed one or two on their own, but never had the stones to take on more than one at a time or the alphas (or whatever you call them).

I don't necessarily hope that they make them easier to kill in the new game but I hope that the controls will be made a bit more fluid so that it's a more.... cohesive? Therefore giving you more of a chance against them! Hopefully some of you know what I mean! :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

God damn Deathclaws. I don't think I stepped foot near a hive of those bastids in either Fallour 3 or NV. I may have killed one or two on their own, but never had the stones to take on more than one at a time or the alphas (or whatever you call them).

I don't necessarily hope that they make them easier to kill in the new game but I hope that the controls will be made a bit more fluid so that it's a more.... cohesive? Therefore giving you more of a chance against them! Hopefully some of you know what I mean! :P

I went into that big building site Deathclaw nest when I was weak enough but not totally underpowered either. I died instantly more or less the first time but had saved it in an awkward spot that didn't make it easy to get away. About 2 hours later after being perched atop an old crane I had wiped them all out - killed the big mammy/daddy one with what must have been my last bullet.

Walking out of it smug as hell with a good job done when I was ambushed by a bandit and killed practically immediately since I had nothing.

Had forgotten to save again throughout. Back I went. And did it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

You mean they should increase your running away speed?

For 4 I just want to be able to build my own goddamn Liberty Prime and have him carry all my crap or train my own Supermutant Behemoth and ride around on his back shouting "Who run barter town!?"

Someone mentioned vehicles earlier on and I think they could work if they are extremely rare and are basically a bonus fast travel/loot hauler you have to build, improve, repair it yourself using your skills in true Mad Max fashion.
    You could have a car for fast travel in Fallout 2 and it had an excellent side quest where it randomly got stolen, I still remember returning back after some quest and going "Where the f**k is my car gone!?" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

You mean they should increase your running away speed?

For 4 I just want to be able to build my own goddamn Liberty Prime and have him carry all my crap or train my own Supermutant Behemoth and ride around on his back shouting "Who run barter town!?"

Someone mentioned vehicles earlier on and I think they could work if they are extremely rare and are basically a bonus fast travel/loot hauler you have to build, improve, repair it yourself using your skills in true Mad Max fashion.
    You could have a car for fast travel in Fallout 2 and it had an excellent side quest where it randomly got stolen, I still remember returning back after some quest and going "Where the f**k is my car gone!?" :D
    Something like Gypsy Eyes Caravan for Skyrim but with the requisite mad max stylings and maybe a kickass questline to win control of it would be kind of awesome.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33219/?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fallout 3 ultimate bundle is 20 euro on psn at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I haven't bought it yet. I'm in the mood for post-apocalypticness though so I've added it to my wish list. Might get it during the christmas sales if the opportunity presents itself.

I got a bootleg version of it years ago off a friend and have to say, found it really hard to get into. I got as far as nuke town, went to a nearby supermarket and the game just felt like it was wrong.
    It just felt broken. Not lacking in polish, just really unintuitive or something.

I take it everyone on here is a fan. Is it just worth persevering with? Is it generally difficult to get into but rewarding eventually? Or was I just playing it wrong?

It's got such a good reputation and I feel compelled to try it. I just want a feel for whether it's my kind of game or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Gbear wrote: »
    I haven't bought it yet. I'm in the mood for post-apocalypticness though so I've added it to my wish list. Might get it during the christmas sales if the opportunity presents itself.

I got a bootleg version of it years ago off a friend and have to say, found it really hard to get into. I got as far as nuke town, went to a nearby supermarket and the game just felt like it was wrong.
    It just felt broken. Not lacking in polish, just really unintuitive or something.

I take it everyone on here is a fan. Is it just worth persevering with? Is it generally difficult to get into but rewarding eventually? Or was I just playing it wrong?

It's got such a good reputation and I feel compelled to try it. I just want a feel for whether it's my kind of game or not.

I picked it up cheap a few years ago, and didn't know anything about it. I played it for about 3 hours and gave up. I just didn't get into it. I went back to it though a few weeks later to give it a second chance, and didn't stop playing it till about 45 hours later. Once I did finish it I went straight into NV.

Definitely one of my favourite games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just incase anyone hasn't seen this, it's a google doc made by some guys on reddit containing all the developments regarding the website thesurvivor2999.com. Very interesting stuff, this could be the most cryptic reveal of a game yet.

It's basically a transcript of communications as the nuclear winter occurs and shortly afterwards.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pJLwd0osKpnp6kEogWh6KAZZiM0Rh-odwWCDc3VEMVE/preview?pli=1&sle=true

• Registered Users Posts: 26,309 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I sewar I just heard an air-raid siren here in D4!

Also, read a day or so ago that Bethesda are saying no new game announcements are forthcoming..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,933 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »

Strange, just heard it as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Also, read a day or so ago that Bethesda are saying no new game announcements are forthcoming..

Where did you read that? Disappointing if true, but I'm hoping your source misread the Twitter account of Pete Hines (spokesperson) who said they had nothing to announce/show at VGX next week, because they (Bethesda) wouldn't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,309 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Strange, just heard it as well :)

Creepy!
    Where did you read that? Disappointing if true, but I'm hoping your source misread the Twitter account of Pete Hines (spokesperson) who said they had nothing to announce/show at VGX next week, because they (Bethesda) wouldn't be there.

Yup actually thats what I read (on cvg or IGN - can't remember which).

Here is hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

They must be getting ready for Santa!
    futurama-the-futurama-holiday-spectacular-03.jpg

I just read through the Google doc and it makes me think 4 is going to tie into the Harkness quest from 3 and that it was androids who attacked the Vault in Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Don't know if its been mentioned here but Bethesda apparently were skulking around MIT in Boston a while back

Source here
    and here
    Setting:
    As well as this, Fallout 4 is speculated to take place in Boston or, in terms of Fallout lore, the Commonwealth. Bethesda was spotted scoping out MIT in Boston, leading to claims that the game will focus heavily on a similar university.

It's old news but ties in with the jumbled code and "The Institute" being attacked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

They must be getting ready for Santa!

I just read through the Google doc and it makes me think 4 is going to tie into the Harkness quest from 3 and that it was androids who attacked the Vault in Boston.

Probably, from what I remember the area around MIT survived and MIT became the institute which is part of the commonwealth (may be the HQ)

Bethesda were spotted mapping out the area and this now mentions Boston so I would be very surprised is the next game wasn't set there and went into the whole institute vs railroad thing.

simon360 wrote: »
    Don't know if its been mentioned here but Bethesda apparently were skulking around MIT in Boston a while back

Source here
    and here

It's old news but ties in with the jumbled code and "The Institute" being attacked.

Its in the 1st post :D

its what started this thread :p

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its in the 1st post :D

its what started this thread :p

My bad sorry :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

So thesurvivor2299 website was a fake.. This is disappointing:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Yet impressive all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

So thesurvivor2299 website was a fake.. This is disappointing:(

True. Fair play to the creator for putting together such a convincing hoax though. They're obviously a fan themselves, must have gotten bored waiting for the next game. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Jayd0g wrote: »
    True. Fair play to the creator for putting together such a convincing hoax though. They're obviously a fan themselves, must have gotten bored waiting for the next game. :)

Yeah fair dues. Even going into the detail of prepping the age verification check on the page's source. Thats commitment. The thing that annoys me most really is that douche from reddit who called it fake was right :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the thing that annoys me is no one at bethesda put out a PR saying 'it's not us'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

the thing that annoys me is no one at bethesda put out a PR saying 'it's not us'

More PR and hype about their games. I ended up playing FO3 again :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

y9gIQtW.jpg

Just a little but annoyed by Bethesda by not putting it down sooner

Advertisement