Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Dante

I haven't touched an Xbox - or any other console for that matter - in about 5 years, but seeing the title of this thread earlier gave me an overwhelming urge to go out and buy one just to give Fallout a run through again.

To say I'm disappointed by the lack of any signs of an announcement coming soon is a massive understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bethesda have booked a booth at E3, which they haven't done before, not confirming anything but it definitely means Fallout 4 will be announced :D

Looks like Fallout 4 might be getting a cinematic trailer made by Guillermo del Toro's studio. Should be the highlight of E3.

fallout_4_mirada11.jpg

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/11/fallout-4-cinematic-trailer-allegedly-made-by-guillermo-del-toros-studio?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

When is E3?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Google is quicker.

• Advertisement

When is E3?

June 16th - 18th

Not sure what day Bethesday have their presentation.

Sound, thanks for your help there Sheehy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm not gonna read anything in too that till I see it with my own eyes .

Google is quicker.

That's great, you're the best, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

My heart stopped a little when I saw an update to this thread - Damn I want this game

(I'm aware my posting perpetuates my complaint)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

x43r0 wrote: »
    My heart stopped a little when I saw an update to this thread - Damn I want this game

(I'm aware my posting perpetuates my complaint)

This is probably the only game that could convince me to take sick days to play it. roll on E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

sheehy83 wrote: »
    June 16th - 18th

Bethesda is Monday morning (15th) for us I believe. Around 1 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

June 16th - 18th

Think they are on first before anyone else, before the official E3 start like MS used to do. They are on 14th Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.pcgamer.com/e3-2015-press-conference-schedule/

7pm PDT (1am here) on the 14th as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

The more stuff I read about it now the more I believe it is finally happening! Il risk the heart ache and just get excited fu*k it

If this is announced at E3, is there a likely timescale for its release? i.e. do they normally release the next year or the same year or otherwise? I don't generally follow E3 at all, just curious as to any patterns that might arise (though I see the Division was announced at E3 2012 or 13 :pac: )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If this is announced at E3, is there a likely timescale for its release? i.e. do they normally release the next year or the same year or otherwise? I don't generally follow E3 at all, just curious as to any patterns that might arise (though I see the Division was announced at E3 2012 or 13 :pac: )

Better be next year or heads will roll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Just to mess with, they'll probably announce the next TES.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Just to mess with, they'll probably announce the next TES.

Might be too soon after TESOnline - but i'd love if they did that too :D

Heads would explode everywhere if they announced a Tes game and fallout 4 together :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If they announce a new TES game over a new Fallout one, I'll be apoplectic.

F*ck Elder Scrolls (yeah I said it), I want Fallout!!

F*ck Elder Scrolls (yeah I said it), I want Fallout!!

*high fives*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Well they had nothing to do with eso, that games a stain on the brand name. A new elderscrolls would be great aswell but dammm give me fallout!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

They're well overdue it. If they release another TES before it, I'll freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I have now convinced myself that it will be announced in June and released by July! Jesus christ I need to stop googling this fu*king game before I die from hype

Yeah, think I'd prefer another Fallout meself at this stage but an ES game would fill the gap, like. Skyrim was brilliant. Sniping Deathclaws with an Anti-Material rifle is slightly better than an arrow to the knee. Would love to see the Outcast armour back in it, that was the mutt's nuts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

Is it worth the few bob to go back play Fallout 3 ? Or has it aged badly? Can remember playing it years ago but never finishing the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

crybaby wrote: »
    Is it worth the few bob to go back play Fallout 3 ? Or has it aged badly? Can remember playing it years ago but never finishing the thing.

It's still holds up...and there are numerous mods for it too.
    Also, if you never finished Fallout 3 , then I'd assume you didn't play Fallout New Vegas either, so go and get that too.
    No doubt they're somewhere on the net for a 5er at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

crybaby wrote: »

Think it has held up ok animations definitely can look a bit clunky but they weren't exactly state of the art back in 2008 tbf. Personally I prefer to move around in the first person any use VATS for the least frustrating experience as I find the 3rd person view very distracting and free aiming extremely annoying especially at low xp levels.

But with a few mods the backdrops can look as stunning as any modern game and they absolutely nailed the ambience of a nuclear wasteland imo

Advertisement