Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

Only far Harbor sounds any good, to me anyway.

Same but for an extra €5 you will get all of the other stuff assuming you buy the pass before it increases in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Far Harbour sounds like the only real expansion but building your own Robot Companion and then your own arena of death sound nice add on's as well.

As Enfilade highlighted, the beta sign up's to the full DLC's sounds very interesting and will have to give serious thought now to buying the season pass for 30 euro before it goies up to 50. Looks like Full Harbour will be 25 euro as it is so if you were going to buy that, the season pass at 30 will be well worth the purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not content with Pre-Ordering Games?

Well why not Pre-order DLC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Really on the fence about getting that season pass. I'd be very surprised if that doubling in price wasn't the plan all along though. To convince people like me, that are unsure, to buy it before it goes to $ 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Im also feeling torn about it.

There would need to be two more proper DLCs for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

I'll probably wait until the price drops back down. Automatron and Wasteland Workshop sound good but I don't know how much you'd get out of them in the post game and considering how weak the main quest was I don't have high hopes for Far Harbour

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They can feck off tbh, nothing there worth bothering with.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Once the Season Pass goes up to $60 even on sale I don't see it going below $29 for a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Once the Season Pass goes up to $60 even on sale I don't see it going below $29 for a long long time.

Exactly the reason I just bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Exactly the reason I just bought it

I just did a check and the Season Pass is €18 on the Argentina Xbox store.

Might pick it up at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

I don't like the precedent of this hike the season pass up with only 2 weeks notice. Maybe I'm being cynical here, but it just seems like a strategy to get people to panic buy the season pass, people who weren't intending on doing so. At least when Dying Light did it, they had significant DLC to back it up. They have somehow made me hate season passes even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

25 for a single DLC is mad anyway, that's half a game. Would want to have serious content for that. I suppose it all depends on the value for money. I hear the Dying Light DLC is substantial where as Arkham Knight season pass appeared to be a complete rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Kind of feel my hype induced decision to buy the season pass at a discounted £20 before the main games release has been vindicated now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'll pick these up at the Steam summer/winter sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    25 for a single DLC is mad anyway, that's half a game. Would want to have serious content for that. I suppose it all depends on the value for money. I hear the Dying Light DLC is substantial where as Arkham Knight season pass appeared to be a complete rip off.

From the sound of it, it's not going to be insubstantial and €25 for an old fashioned retail boxed expansion would have been cheap if the content is comparable.

Some speculation at the moment that Fallout 3 could be getting a re-release after they fought and succeeded in having it's ban overturned in Germany

https://www.vg247.com/2016/02/16/fallout-3-ban-lift-in-germany-leads-to-speculation-of-possible-hd-re-release/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I doubt i'll bother with the DLC to be honest. Overall, i found the base game really disappointing, and lacked any real depth. Not to mention some of the worst dialogue in a long time (Synths? Ghouls? I've never heard of these things...even though i've been a member of the Institute and been fighting Ghouls for weeks...).

Benzino wrote: »
    I don't like the precedent of this hike the season pass up with only 2 weeks notice. Maybe I'm being cynical here, but it just seems like a strategy to get people to panic buy the season pass, people who weren't intending on doing so. At least when Dying Light did it, they had significant DLC to back it up. They have somehow made me hate season passes even more.

Spot on Benzi

Is pure Greed IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I can't recall the Fallout 3 or F:NV DLC being all that good, so am going to wait to read the reviews. I'm not so much into the workshop/settlement part of the game so i hope they have more dlc like Far Harbor.

I can't recall the Fallout 3 or F:NV DLC being all that good, so am going to wait to read the reviews. I'm not so much into the workshop/settlement part of the game so i hope they have more dlc like Far Harbor.

Fallout 3 had Broken Steel & Point Lookout, brilliant DLC IMO with loads of content in both.
    Not really a fan of the Pitt & Mothership Zeta though

• Advertisement

The problem with most if not all the Fallout DLC was that it was worthless in terms of gear etc if you had finished the game and was best played on your way through but by the time it's released everyone is end game and personally I'd not be looking to another playthrough

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Previous fallout dlcs had numerous issues in ps3.

Took away from the experience massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fallout 3 had Broken Steel & Point Lookout, brilliant DLC IMO with loads of content in both.
    Not really a fan of the Pitt & Mothership Zeta though

Broken steel was continuing the main game after it had finsihed, right? Point lookout was that weird Alaska Invasion simulation, I didnt really enjoy that. I wish they would extend some companion quests in the DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Broken steel was continuing the main game after it had finsihed, right? Point lookout was that weird Alaska Invasion simulation, I didnt really enjoy that. I wish they would extend some companion quests in the DLC.

Point Lookout was the one set in the swamp area. The alaska one was poor though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I went and bought the season pass. I hate myself now but I did it anyway. Bethesda usually put out some quality DLC. I hope im not let down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Anyone else experience problems in Molecular Level hooking everything up?
    I have followed every YouTube guide and it is still not working ARRRRRGH!
    Also having same problem with Here Kitty, Kitty quest as well.
    I have approached the cat but I can't do anything, the quest tells me to find the cat and talk to the girl after a security guard in the vault told me to talk to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

CiaranW wrote: »
    Anyone else experience problems in Molecular Level hooking everything up?

Are you sure they're actually slotted in together properly and not just near each other?

Is there enough power? (They take tons of power)

Are there power cables connecting them properly? They should all have a little green lightning icon from what I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The order you do them in was what worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Zillah wrote: »
    Are you sure they're actually slotted in together properly and not just near each other?

Is there enough power? (They take tons of power)

Are there power cables connecting them properly? They should all have a little green lightning icon from what I can remember.

Yeah I have tried it all, and i have 6 Medium Generators, you only need 27 power, everything is lighting up and hooked up again, i have tried it about 3 or 4 times now.
    I will try Thargor's solution there and try it in order, very annoying!
    Only get limited valuable Fallout time and this is slowing it up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I cannot remember the mission you are talking about but I remember one time I needed science to be above what I had picked and if you wanted to build a large generator.

Advertisement