Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I see since the last update you can now see what your settlers are assigned to in the workshop menu.

Much handier to find out who's doing what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I see since the last update you can now see what your settlers are assigned to in the workshop menu.

Checked this last night. Very helpful.

But now I notice that combat seems very jumpy in close spaces.

I found deathclaw in a close spot, everytime it hit me the screen jumped so i couldnt see it, I just ended up using a Nukegrenade to clear it out.

allibastor wrote: »
    Checked this last night. Very helpful.

But now I notice that combat seems very jumpy in close spaces.

I found deathclaw in a close spot, everytime it hit me the screen jumped so i couldnt see it, I just ended up using a Nukegrenade to clear it out.

That happened to me when a Raider attack dog got me stuck in a corner.

I couldn't shoot or use VATS. Ended up pistol whipping the **** out of him :D

That happened to me when a Raider attack dog got me stuck in a corner.

I couldn't shoot or use VATS. Ended up pistol whipping the **** out of him :D

It seems to have only happened with the new update. Its is strange.
    I have had to get rid of my companions also as the speech has gone to pot, I end up feeling seas sick looking at conversations!.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fallout won a bunch of awards this week.
    After playing 61 hours it gets my most disappointing game award.
    Not sure if my standards were too high or if it was more of the same with nothing new. But my excitement for the game diminished every minute i played it.

Im not sure how I feel about it, burt damn have I put in many hours. I am having a laugh though. Lvl 69 or something and just about to head to the
    Glowing Sea.
    . Ive been wandering around discovering areas, magazines and bobbleheads, building bases and generally ignoring the story so far. -- LOL just checked 210 hours. An amount of that must have been idling, but damn thats a lot.

I am probably going to do the usual thing I do and 3/4 or 4/5 finish it and then move to something else. Although I am waiting on DLC news before I decide.

Is that the one where you mouse over them to see what they are doing? I was kinda hoping for some kind of table: 3 on Food, 2 on shops, 2 on trade routes, 4 on Guard duty, etc., Would make things a hell of a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Anyone have advice on how to make serious money out of settlements? I have a few shops dotted around my small number of settlements but the caps they are accumulating makes it seem a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Anyone have advice on how to make serious money out of settlements? I have a few shops dotted around my small number of settlements but the caps they are accumulating makes it seem a waste of time.

Get the first point in the science perk if you don't already have it. Build as many of those Water purifiers that give you 40 water... Sell the water. I've made a small fortune out of these.

Shougeki wrote: »
    Im not sure how I feel about it, burt damn have I put in many hours. I am having a laugh though. Lvl 69 or something and just about to head to the
    Glowing Sea.
    . Ive been wandering around discovering areas, magazines and bobbleheads, building bases and generally ignoring the story so far. -- LOL just checked 210 hours. An amount of that must have been idling, but damn thats a lot.

I am probably going to do the usual thing I do and 3/4 or 4/5 finish it and then move to something else. Although I am waiting on DLC news before I decide.

Is that the one where you mouse over them to see what they are doing? I was kinda hoping for some kind of table: 3 on Food, 2 on shops, 2 on trade routes, 4 on Guard duty, etc., Would make things a hell of a lot easier.

No go into build menu. Click the settler you want and it'll show an icon on the right to say if they are assigned to food, shops, scavenging etc.

I'd a few in Sanctuary who were not doing anything so just rang the bell and assigned everyone to something there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Put a load of industrial water purifiers in Sanctuary and any other settlements with water - They'll produce water faster than you can sell it. Unlimited caps

x43r0 wrote: »
    Put a load of industrial water purifiers in Sanctuary and any other settlements with water - They'll produce water faster than you can sell it. Unlimited caps

Actually how do you get the caps out of your stores? I've about 20 although between my 3 biggest Settlements

• Advertisement

No go into build menu. Click the settler you want and it'll show an icon on the right to say if they are assigned to food, shops, scavenging etc.

I'd a few in Sanctuary who were not doing anything so just rang the bell and assigned everyone to something there and then.

Yeah, that is the one I saw last week or the week before. I was hoping for a quick table instead showing details of how many assigned to each thing, and then unused.
    I suppose ringing the bell would work, but TBH I couldnt be arsed doing that for all my settlements.

Actually how do you get the caps out of your stores? I've about 20 although between my 3 biggest Settlements

Caps earned are included in the miscellaneous section of the workbench

Caps earned are included in the miscellaneous section of the workbench

Will have a look later. I've a right little shanty town in Sanctuary for the peasants and then my mansion off to one end :D

Will have a look later. I've a right little shanty town in Sanctuary for the peasants and then my mansion off to one end :D

Make sure to close it off or you will have that pr*ck Sheffield in your bed all the time! :D

Shougeki wrote: »
    Make sure to close it off or you will have that pr*ck Sheffield in your bed all the time! :D

Only me and the hound. No one else comes close to Fido with Welding Goggles and and a Red Bandana :D

I wish they would raise the build limit on some towns.

Sanctuary is full now and I dont actually have that much stuff there, I did build a 4 floor hall of armor, but nothing major.

I was looking up you-tubes of cool settlement builds, might try one of those next/

Im the same. I assume there is some mod to increase it?

Is there any point in keeping a companion around after they Idolise you? I nowhave the Gift of the Gab perk from Piper but now her dialogue is very limitedand repetitive. Also strange why we’re given two wedding rings at the start ofthe game when you can’t marry anyone.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is there any point in keeping a companion around after they Idolise you? I nowhave the Gift of the Gab perk from Piper but now her dialogue is very limitedand repetitive. Also strange why we’re given two wedding rings at the start ofthe game when you can’t marry anyone.

You'll keep the perk if they aren't your companion so the only reason to keep them around is for the extra fire power.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is there any point in keeping a companion around after they Idolise you?

The ride.....
    Also strange why we’re given two wedding rings at the start ofthe game when you can’t marry anyone.

You mean you'd re-gift your dead wives wedding ring to another? How heartless :eek:

:p

• Advertisement

You'll keep the perk if they aren't your companion so the only reason to keep them around is for the extra fire power.

I just got Danse recently, and have maxed all the others so far for there perks. McCreedy's was so ridiculously over powered until they fixed it. Guaranteed 100% chance HeadShot in VATS no matter what :P

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is there any point in keeping a companion around after they Idolise you?

The ride.....

You mean you'd re-gift your dead wives wedding ring to another? How heartless :eek:

:p

I found the ride to very disapppointing..

The wife is dead what 10 years, when you start the game. I've mourned long enough!

The characters have there own perks that you get? And here's me wandering around with Dogmeat :D

Does it take long to unlock the perks?

The characters have there own perks that you get? And here's me wandering around with Dogmeat :D

Does it take long to unlock the perks?

You need Max rep. A good idea is to look at the Fallout Wiki to find what they like/don't like. Some may just not suit your play style.
    Some have reqquirements as well e.g.
    Valentine needs you to have killed Kellog before you can max rep

Some are as easy as attaching/removing Mods [Codsworth & Jackass Garvey both like or love that one]. You *can* save scum it. Ring bell, use workbench, exit workbench, quicksave, quickload, repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They're yours and your dead partners, a couple of companions have unique dialog if you bring them back to your partners body at the start, worth swinging by the overseers lab to open the weapon case there aswell.

Ah yes I can bring Piper to the body of my dead wife and propose marriage to her with my dead wife's wedding ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ah yes I can bring Piper to the body of my dead wife and propose marriage to her with my dead wife's wedding ring.

You're 2 days late for that now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

DLC News!

https://bethesda.net/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=16%2F02%2F2016dlc&hootPostID=a3a1c4a6242bbe59fea6e943c13f7127#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77
    Fallout 4 Add-Ons – Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, Far Harbor and More

Since Fallout 4 launched, we’ve been blown away by your support for the game. It stands as our most successful title ever and that couldn’t have happened without you. It’s been truly inspiring, the stories, images and experiences that you’ve created. And now it’s time to share with you some of what we’ve been creating – our first series of add-ons: Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor.
    Automatron
    Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $16.95 AUD
    Release: March 2016

automatron_411.jpg
    Fallout4_DLC_Automatron01_730.jpg
    The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Wasteland Workshop
    Price: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $7.95 AUD
    Release: April 2016

wasteland_workshop.jpg
    Fallout4_DLC_WastelandWorkshop02_730.jpg
    With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixi tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Far Harbor
    Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 AUD
    Release: May 2016

far_harbor.jpg
    Fallout4_DLC_FarHarbor03_730.jpg
    A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.
    Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.
    Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons for consoles and PC. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version (complete with achievements) and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.
    Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the recent weapon debris for PC, and increased draw distances for consoles, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game: food, sleep, diseases, danger and more.
    We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, which will allow you to create and play mods absolutely free. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.
    Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you to play more!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.
    Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons for consoles and PC. And you can sign up right now on

Just quoting this part of your post as it's very much worth highlighting.

• Advertisement

Only far Harbor sounds any good, to me anyway.

Advertisement