Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Toots wrote: »
    I can't get my followers to put on power armor, can anyone help?

When I've googled, all that comes up is people not being able to get followers OUT of the armor, I can't even get them to get in! There's no 'enter power armor' option.

When you click the follower to do any action like trade or something if you move the cursor over the armor and stand back about 5 or more feet it should come with the option, like if you send them to inspect/pick lock/hack

they need to be on a flat surface for some reason though.

The armor is fitted with a back-mounted TX-28 MicroFusion Pack which generates an output power of 60,000 Watts to power the HiFlo hydraulic systems built into the frame of the suit. Made of a poly-laminate composite, the outer shell of the T-51 is lightweight and capable of absorbing over 2500 Joules of kinetic impact. The 10-micron-thick silver ablative coating can reflect laser and other radiation emissions without damaging the composite subsurface, and the eyeslit for the helmet is made of bullet proof glass to protect the wearer from any projectiles. It also includes a recycling system that can convert human waste into drinkable water, enhancing survival. The armor usually carries enough fuel to last for one hundred years.

I laughed at the last part, taken from the Fallout 4 Wiki. My cores last about 15-20mins real time while in full use

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

My enjoyment of this game is VERY up and down now. Kind of want to just see it out at this rate.

As a matter of interest, what level were ye when ye finished the main story?

I'm like lvl53 and think I've reached critical mass (I've been 10 Intelligence since the beginning though so have kind of passed out a lot of other players I know who play far less in that regard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Cormac... wrote: »
    My enjoyment of this game is VERY up and down now. Kind of want to just see it out at this rate.

I'm like lvl53 and think I've reached critical mass (I've been 10 Intelligence since the beginning though so have kind of passed out a lot of other players I know who play far less in that regard)

Think I made it to lvl 55 when finishing the game with 9 int and idiot savant. Still had some side quests to find and do but couldnt be assed at the moment. Will probably go back now and again so that when DLC is released Im not completely lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,906 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Think I made it to lvl 55 when finishing the game with 9 int and idiot savant. Still had some side quests to find and do but couldnt be assed at the moment. Will probably go back now and again so that when DLC is released Im not completely lost.

I thought Idiot Servant worked best the lower your intellect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

emmetkenny wrote: »

I forget the numbers but I saw someone on Reddit do a spreadsheet where it showed that Idiot Savant is overpowered and worth getting for a character of any intelligence level (up to 9 maybe).

Diminishing returns the higher, obviously, but still a net gain.

Zillah wrote: »
    I forget the numbers but I saw someone on Reddit do a spreadsheet where it showed that Idiot Savant is overpowered and worth getting for a character of any intelligence level (up to 9 maybe).

Diminishing returns the higher, obviously, but still a net gain.

I used the SPECIAL glitch so I've 10 in all starting stats. Then got two bobble heads so far so have 11 in two.

Ive gotten to level 21 so far but still haven't been to Diamond City.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Cormac... wrote: »

Level 42.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

allibastor wrote: »
    When you click the follower to do any action like trade or something if you move the cursor over the armor and stand back about 5 or more feet it should come with the option, like if you send them to inspect/pick lock/hack

they need to be on a flat surface for some reason though.

Ah that's probably what the problem is. I found a set of power armor in a lake and wanted to put my follower in it to bring it back to my house and add to my display. Looks like I'll have to leave my current armor in a safe place, fast travel to the new armor, travel to my house, take the armor off, and then go collect my other armor. Feck sake..

On another interesting note, I think my sanctuary hills is glitched, I've got 49 settlers there at the mo. I thought the limit was whatever your Charisma was, plus 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Adyx wrote: »
    Are you opted in to beta patches on Steam? My loading times were grand until the beta update about a week ago, then they went through the roof. There was yet another beta patch yesterday I think and it's back to normal now.

Yes, I'll check it out later to see if it's faster now. Is your game installed on SSD or a hard drive?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really annoying when you pick up armor or guns you can't compare stats there and then with what you have.

Lvl 56.
    I have the lvl 5 weave and 10 in most stats.

I am a god of the wasteland. I mean i can literally beat an alpha deathclaw to dead with a baseball bat.

emmetkenny wrote: »

IS kicks in more often with lower int but it still works now and again with higher int. Ive gotten entire levels at lvl 40+ out of completing one story quest.

IS kicks in more often with lower int but it still works now and again with higher int. Ive gotten entire levels at lvl 40+ out of completing one story quest.

Might stick a few points in there so.

I've my guy set up for Stealth at the minute and use a lot of VATS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Yes, I'll check it out later to see if it's faster now. Is your game installed on SSD or a hard drive?
    A hard drive. I have an SSD just sitting here waiting for me to install it in my PC though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gonna hit level 60 soon and still haven't finished main quest.

Loving it.

Really gets better the more you play imo.

Recently found the quests in polymer lab and covenant.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I just found out that you can put a hat on Codsworth.......AWESOME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Pity you can't put a tache on him. That with a bowler hat, grand job.

Pity you can't put a tache on him. That with a bowler hat, grand job.

Or a monocle for one of his eye things!

I've a pair of Welding Goggles and A Red Bandana on Dogmeat.

Coolest dog in the Wasteland !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Just started Fallout 4 a few days ago. Just wondering who is the better companion combat-wise - codsworth or dogmeat. Dogmeat does seem to get knocked out in combat a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Just started Fallout 4 a few days ago. Just wondering who is the better companion combat-wise - codsworth or dogmeat. Dogmeat does seem to get knocked out in combat a fair bit.

Codsworth is handy to send attacking enemies

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Depending on your general play-style and coupling with perks, Dogmeat is probably the best out of those two.

I haven't really used Codsworth as much to get a full scope of him but you can increase Dogmeat's resistance by putting armour on him. You can get specific pieces of armour from raider attack dogs or you might be lucky enough to find a merchant selling some in some of the larger settlements.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Depending on your general play-style and coupling with perks, Dogmeat is probably the best out of those two.

I haven't really used Codsworth as much to get a full scope of him but you can increase Dogmeat's resistance by putting armour on him. You can get specific pieces of armour from raider attack dogs or you might be lucky enough to find a merchant selling some in some of the larger settlements.

Isnt dog armour cosmetic only?

It might have been patched since but you used to be able to use dogmeat and get the perks for lone wanderer as dogmeat didn't count as a companion for it. Think it gives you extra carrying capacity and damage resistance.

Isnt dog armour cosmetic only?

I just Google'ed it and it appears it is cosmetic only. I do apologize if I have mis-lead anyone. That'll teach me to trust Youtube "Guides".

One thing I hate in this game is the same old issue with all RPG.

I find cool armor but it has terrible stats. I end up with a few hodge-podge bits and pieces to try and match up a decent suit.

It is annoying as the only thing which looks good under my armor is the vault suit or road leathers, and both cant be upgraded that much.

Then if i find good armor it ends up being from different sets, so I have free-fall leg armor, one of which is heavy combat armor and the other light so it looks stupid on one leg, I then have a metal arm for strength and endurance, and a combat armor arm for stats. Then using the destroyers chestpeice again for stats.

My guy looks like a dump raider!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

allibastor wrote: »
    One thing I hate in this game is the same old issue with all RPG.

I find cool armor but it has terrible stats. I end up with a few hodge-podge bits and pieces to try and match up a decent suit.

It is annoying as the only thing which looks good under my armor is the vault suit or road leathers, and both cant be upgraded that much.

Then if i find good armor it ends up being from different sets, so I have free-fall leg armor, one of which is heavy combat armor and the other light so it looks stupid on one leg, I then have a metal arm for strength and endurance, and a combat armor arm for stats. Then using the destroyers chestpeice again for stats.

My guy looks like a dump raider!!!

Not sure if this needs a spoiler but have one just in case.
    You can upgrade random pieces of clothing later in the game if you get balistic weave from tinker tom in the railroad. I was playing using the Silver Sroud armour until I got it and then was in a upgraded tuxedo for a while before setteling on an upgraded Courser uniform

matrim wrote: »
    Not sure if this needs a spoiler but have one just in case.
    You can upgrade random pieces of clothing later in the game if you get balistic weave from tinker tom in the railroad. I was playing using the Silver Sroud armour until I got it and then was in a upgraded tuxedo for a while before setteling on an upgraded Courser uniform

Yeah, that is what I mean, the suits you can upgrade with this are very silly looking. And if you want any armor with any mods on them you are stuck to use either Army fatigues or minete men apparel.

I wish you could use the weave on all clothes types, and use armour mods on any type

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Looking for some advise here on the main story missions, and how to proceed.
    I'm on the second last main story mission, after siding with the Institute.

Just wondering, can I still do other missions after finishing the main story?
    To be honest, it feels like I've rushed through the main story.

I completed a couple of Brotherhood and Railroad missions, but they seemed a tad repetitive. Now I'm enemies with the Brotherhood, and I wiped out the Railroad.

I still get Minutemen kidnapping and new settlement type missions, but they are repetitive too.

Any advise/insight is appreciated.

• Advertisement

Once you're finished with the main story you can continue doing all side-missions and finish exploring.

Bethesda announced it a while back so they maybe be hinting at some post-story DLC.

Advertisement