Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I remember reading that there would be a fully voiced Irish companion and I was so happy. Fought all my way to Combat Zone the day of release only to realise that she's voiced by Mrs.Glasgow, left her in Combat Zone and haven't been back since.

I like using Curie as a companion, everything is like a wonder to her. It makes the game have a bit of a better taste rather being dead and depressing. A big plus is not hearing "Another settlement needs our (your) help" every 20 minutes.

It'll be interesting to see where they take the game for the DLC. Really looking forward to future content + modding tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I remember reading that there would be a fully voiced Irish companion and I was so happy. Fought all my way to Combat Zone the day of release only to realise that she's voiced by Mrs.Glasgow, left her in Combat Zone and haven't been back since.

I like using Curie as a companion, everything is like a wonder to her. It makes the game have a bit of a better taste rather being dead and depressing. A big plus is not hearing "Another settlement needs our (your) help" every 20 minutes.

It'll be interesting to see where they take the game for the DLC. Really looking forward to future content + modding tools.

Yeah, how do people keep their distinctive accents in game?

On a side note, my best companion so far is Macreedy, he is a total smart ass and he loves most things I like, being a golden hearted scoundrel!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I like using Curie as a companion, everything is like a wonder to her.

I could not stand her whining about violence in every god damn fight. Where do you think we are you simpering coffee pot? I'm a murderer. Your master is a terror of the wastes. Get with the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Zillah wrote: »
    I could not stand her whining about violence in every god damn fight. Where do you think we are you simpering coffee pot? I'm a murderer. Your master is a terror of the wastes. Get with the program.

Well...... don't let a cute cartoon prove you wrong.... :p

http://markerslinger.tumblr.com/post/134711393467/its-a-matter-of-opinion-but-you-know-mine-is

Cormac... wrote: »

How do you get the non- mr handy Curie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

allibastor wrote: »
    Bring her to the Memory Den.

allibastor wrote: »

Sex joke potential increasing

*Cormac Liked That*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Patch incoming, nooooooo :) :

http://kotaku.com/new-fallout-4-update-fixes-issue-with-player-becoming-d-1753226128

Fallout 4’s 1.3 Update is now available in beta for Steam users.

This beta update is a work in progress so before opting into the beta, back up your saved games.

To get the beta, you need to do the following:
    Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
    Select Settings
    Select Betas
    A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
    Select OK.
    Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
    When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
    If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 – 4. At the drop down, select NONE – Opt out of all beta programs.

Beta Update 1.3.45

New Features
    New ambient occlusion setting, HBAO+
    New weapon debris effects (NVIDIA cards only)
    Added status menu for settlers in your settlements
    Added ability to rotate an object you are holding with left/right triggers and pressing down on left thumbstick lets you switch the rotating axis
    Improved "ESDF" keys remapping support while in Workshop mode
    Gameplay Fixes
    General memory and stability improvements
    Improved performance when looking through a scope
    Fixed issue where player could warp to a different location when aiming
    Companions can no longer get stuck with radiation poisoning
    Fixed an issue where Vault 81 residents would not dismember correctly
    Big Leagues perk now displays calculated damage correctly
    Fixed issue with third person camera not displaying properly after exiting certain crafting stations
    Fixed an issue where subtitles would occasionally not update properly
    Effects will properly be removed on companions when items are unequipped
    MacReady’s Killshot perk now calculates headshot percentages properly
    Fixed an issue with NPCs getting stuck in Power Armor
    Fixed a rare issue with companions getting stuck in down state
    Second rank of Aquaboy now calculates properly
    Fixed an issue with resistance not always lowering the damage correctly when added by mods
    Enabled number of characters available when renaming an item (XB1)
    Fixed issue with player becoming dismembered while still alive
    Robotics expert is now usable in combat
    Stimpaks can now be used on Curie after the transformation
    Playing a holotape found in wilderness while switching point of view no longer causes the screen to blur or controls to be locked
    Quest Fixes
    Fixed an issue with "Taking Independence" where the minutemen remaining from the battle against the Mirelurk Queen would not gather in the Castle
    Fixed an issue where invulnerable characters would get stuck in combat
    Fixed an issue where Preston would send player to a settlement instead of a dungeon as part of a Minutemen quest
    Fixed an issue where Synths could attack the Castle while the player was friends with the Institute
    Fixed an issue where killing a caravan would leave a quest open
    Fixed an issue where Dogmeat would stay at Fort Hagen after "Reunions" was completed
    Fixed an issue where the player couldn't talk to Desdemona to complete "Underground Undercover"
    Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck exiting the cryopod
    Fixed an issue where the player could no longer get Preston as a companion
    In "The End of the Line," fixed an issue that would prevent the player from killing the leaders of the Railroad
    Fixed an issue with Minutemen quests repeating improperly
    Fixed an issue where the player couldn't get back into the Railroad headquarters after being kicked out of the Brotherhood of Steel
    After finishing "The Big Dig," fixed an issue where Hancock would no longer offer to be a companion or help with the "Silver Shroud" quest
    Fixed an issue with obtaining the Dampening Coils from Saugus Ironworks before going to Yangtze
    During "Unlikely Valentine," fixed an issue where the player could be blocked from entering Vault 114
    In "Confidence Man," Bull and Gouger can now be killed
    During "Taking Independence," fixed an issue that would prevent the radio transmitter from powering up
    In "Human Error," fixed an issue where killing Dan would cause the quest to not complete properly
    Fixed an issue with "Tactical Thinking" where leaving dialogue early with Captain Kells to reprogram P.A.M. could cause quest to not completely properly
    Workshop Fixes
    Fixed a bug that would cause settler counts to appear incorrectly
    Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from setting up a supply line in settlements with a high population
    Improvements to snapping pieces together while in Workshop mode
    Fixed an issue that caused powered items to stop functioning permanently if its power source was ever removed
    Player can now build workbenches in their Diamond City house
    Building wires no longer uses up copper
    Fixed issue with certain settlement attacks not generating properly
    Fixed an issue with settlement happiness calculations
    Settlers assigned to weapons stand will now stand next to it
    Diamond City house now shows provided power
    Repairing items will now correctly consume resources
    Fixed an issue where companion would ignore commands at workshop locations
    Fixed an issue with crops appearing destroyed after saving and reloading

I haven't gone near FO4 in weeks. That's a bit of a telling sign, for me, because I would have completely overplayed FO3 and NV.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I haven't gone near FO4 in weeks. That's a bit of a telling sign, for me, because I would have completely overplayed FO3 and NV.

I'm kind of feeling the same. I'm more going through the motions and sticking at it rather than enjoying every minute.

The base building and protection is more of a pain in the ass than a decent feature.

• Advertisement

I'm kind of feeling the same. I'm more going through the motions and sticking at it rather than enjoying every minute.

The base building and protection is more of a pain in the ass than a decent feature.

Its very glitchy.

I have have 4 times i fast travel to my settlement to find everything broken,or everyone unassigned from jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im down home all weekend and I sat down today to get a few of the other endings and I just couldn't be bothered, the last few Institute missions are a joke, I was getting angry doing them, fast travel here, fast travel back and talk to Father, repeat repeat repeat.

Got the ballistic weave.

Its cool and all that but the clothes suck for it.

Its a pity you cant level mod legendary armor either, i have all Champion Piece from like level 16. 50 now and they are so low but only use for the perks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Thargor wrote: »
    Im down home all weekend and I sat down today to get a few of the other endings and I just couldn't be bothered, the last few Institute missions are a joke, I was getting angry doing them, fast travel here, fast travel back and talk to Father, repeat repeat repeat.

Agreed. Too many of the missions became go here, shoot this, come back. Granted that's pretty much every fallout mission ever, but the other games made you feel like you actually wanted to do it, and you cared about why. In this I felt like it was a tick the box exercise and just wanted to plow through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭CiaranW

Got the Macready perk yday, the game is far too easy now, guaranteed headshots!
    Broken perk.
    Still absolutely loving the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Can anyone tell me where the Workstation is in Boston Airport please? It's doing my nut in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can anyone tell me where the Workstation is in Boston Airport please? It's doing my nut in

Yupp i had a big problem with that as well. It was on my radar but kept looking like it was behind a wall in the area where they are working on the parts for the giant robot. It's actually outside at the back of that building. Head out side, take a left and around the outside of the building until you come to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Currently downloading the game. Haven't played since 2. What's the 1st thing I shouldn't do.

Currently downloading the game. Haven't played since 2. What's the 1st thing I shouldn't do.

My advice is as soon as you awaken in the vault is to loot everything and when you get to sanctuary scrap everything.

My advice is as soon as you awaken in the vault is to loot everything and when you get to sanctuary scrap everything.

Once you set up in Sanctuary, dont bother with the other settlements.

I have I think 23 now, and every five mins one is under attack or needs help with something.

What is the point of all my defenses, I spent ages getting them right and they do nothing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Or, try and have fun instead.

Don't loot everything, don't scrap everything - people who do that are chasing some anal need to not miss anything and have everything in perfect order, and then realise too late they've spent the whole game getting ready to have fun instead of just having fun.

It should be pretty clear once you're in the game what you should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Grab every duct tape and wonderglue and any other adhesive you see anyway.

Office Desk Fans....

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Thargor wrote: »
    Grab every duct tape and wonderglue and any other adhesive you see anyway.

How to get adhesive guide from Reddit:
    • There is a recipe in the cooking menu under util called 'vegetable starch'. I accidentally discovered that vegetable paste breaks down into adhesive. Specifically, FIVE adhesive.
    • The recipe calls for 3 each of mutfruit, corn, and tato. All of these can be grown at your settlement, giving you a permanent supply of each. It may take a while to get the operation spun up, but since you can harvest and replant, you should be able to get a massive amount of each, eventually.
    • The recipe also calls for one purified water. If I'd told you that you could turn one purified water into five adhesive, you'd probably be pretty happy, but it gets better. If you build a water purifier in your settlement, you will occasionally get purified water deposited at the workshop. I built an industrial sized water purifier in the river at Sanctuary, and when I went to check I found 31 purified water in my workshop. Also a good source of health.

----

My biggest issue in finding items was Aluminium?/ Aluminum? but I found a rather large stash of cans in the Federal Ration Stockpile. Apparently it re-stocks enemies every 72 hours and items weekly. Not a perfect solution but if that's not your thing you could always buy the 50-piece set in Diamond City.

I dismissed Paladin Danse ages ago to Boston AIrport now he seems to be stuck behind a door I can't access. HOw do I free him? I@m playing on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can't play this game because of the loading times. I'm on PC and its around 2 mins which is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

**Posting this from my phone so don't know how to spoiler tag, discussing my ending without getting too much into specifics. **

Finished it tonight finally.
    What a lacklustre ending, even Phantom Pain's ending had more depth than this. What was the point in me doing anything in the game if the game itself ultimately doesn't even give a toss about it? Oh but we get a 20 second epilogue with the "war never changes" line at the end, great. Was that supposed to give me "the feels"? Very disappointing.

IS there any quick way to move bases?

I am going through a power armor phase now, the wasteland Iron Man but my base in Sanctuary is mostly full of water purifiers and traders, with 23 settlers.

I want to move my Iron legion to Starlight drive, but dont want to move suit by suit. 25 and counting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Can't play this game because of the loading times. I'm on PC and its around 2 mins which is ridiculous.
    Are you opted in to beta patches on Steam? My loading times were grand until the beta update about a week ago, then they went through the roof. There was yet another beta patch yesterday I think and it's back to normal now.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,913 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I can't get my followers to put on power armor, can anyone help?

When I've googled, all that comes up is people not being able to get followers OUT of the armor, I can't even get them to get in! There's no 'enter power armor' option.

Advertisement