Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Hi,
    I'm playing this on PS$ and recently did one of the Brotherhood quests where you end up with distress signals (I still loot everything I can). So I went back to Sanctury and dropped everything to scrap them. Yet I can't seem to find one of the damn distress signals and its beep beep beep beep the whole time. It says i'm at 99.81 strength but I just can't find the damn thing to scrap/pick up. Anyone any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Hi,
    I'm playing this on PS$ and recently did one of the Brotherhood quests where you end up with distress signals (I still loot everything I can). So I went back to Sanctury and dropped everything to scrap them. Yet I can't seem to find one of the damn distress signals and its beep beep beep beep the whole time. It says i'm at 99.81 strength but I just can't find the damn thing to scrap/pick up. Anyone any tips?
    That sounds like a nightmare! Chances are if you are literally dropping everything to scrap it, it's stuck in a kind of limbo in Sanctuary's uneven ground.
    If you are indeed dropping things on the ground to scrap them, you don't need to, just store all junk in the workshop, it will automatically scrap your items when the individual components are needed. Nothing gets wasted.
    Try getting Dogmeat to search the area, he might be able to retrieve it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Hi,

This happened to me in the remains of some burnt out house. I was at 99.94 or something ridiculous like that, but it was under a table, in another one, was on some shelf, if you look for a small electronic box with two lights and a lead, thats it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I've been blessed a few times with Save files. The game on the PS4 occasionally likes to crash randomly.

That aside, today I picked up a random note that suggested there may be lots of supplies in a place called Kendall Hospital. Managed to stumble across it and entered and began a long journey through its deceiving interior. Nothing too taxing mind, just low level raiders but was a lengthy journey through the building.

Came to a point and there was a level below with no visible stairs or ramp below. A cage similar to what you'd use to go hunting for great white sharks was strewn across the ground. Something didn't feel right. Saved my game then dropped down.

Boom.
    Deathclaw appears and you can't get back up the way you came. There was an exit that was locked and highly radiated. Didn't matter anyway, I was dead in about 5 seconds.

Fortunately my save game saved me some tears.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Hi,

This is a bug - scrapping a distress beacon will cause the signal to eminate from your workbench. I've the same. Change channel on the Pip Boy around sanctuary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Codsworth is just gone for me. I dismissed him somewhere (can't remember where) and sent him back to Sanctuary. He isn't there. He is nowhere.

I've read online that this happens frequently with him and he gets stuck somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Codsworth is just gone for me. I dismissed him somewhere (can't remember where) and sent him back to Sanctuary. He isn't there. He is nowhere.

I've read online that this happens frequently with him and he gets stuck somewhere.

Yeah I had the same thing.
    It really annoyed me at the time too, cause I had him carrying a load of stuff when I did it.

More annoying though is that I've had the Valentine bug, where he used an armour bench at a settlement an now constantly makes the noise of the workbench.

I've had to drop him as my go to companion because it's too annoying.

BizzyC wrote: »
    Yeah I had the same thing.
    It really annoyed me at the time too, cause I had him carrying a load of stuff when I did it.

More annoying though is that I've had the Valentine bug, where he used an armour bench at a settlement an now constantly makes the noise of the workbench.

I've had to drop him as my go to companion because it's too annoying.
    That's really annoying. Codsworth is a good companion IMO, but Valentine must be one of the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

That's really annoying. Codsworth is a good companion IMO, but Valentine must be one of the best!

I think for the perk, MacCready has to be the best but for pure comedy value I loved Strong

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If you're on the pc, you can use console commands to summon him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

x43r0 wrote: »
    I think for the perk, MacCready has to be the best but for pure comedy value I loved Strong

Strong started disliking everything. Pick a lock? Nope. Get into power armor "STUPID BUCKET HEAD"

At least he carries a lot of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I still haven't gone to Diamond City so I just use Dogmeat.

Although a new robot Curie wanted to follow me around.

Kiith wrote: »
    If you're on the pc, you can use console commands to summon him.
    Saw that online, but on XBONE unfortunately. Hope this gets patched!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I still haven't gone to Diamond City so I just use Dogmeat.

Although a new robot Curie wanted to follow me around.

Preston will follow your round too. Though I prefer codsworth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Mycroft H wrote: »

Cait has to be the best so far, poor mad!!!!

She loves me extorting everyone and killing contract missions

She didnt like when i went off with Magnolia though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

60+ hours into the game, hadn't gone to Diamond city and just pottered around but I had lost Dogmeat for 90% of that time. Decided to go and do some of the main quest as I was getting bored and who shows up
    to help track Kellog?
    Dogmeat!!!, old friend where the hell were ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mycroft H wrote: »

I'm going all lone wolf now. Just use Dogmeat to carry stuff when I fill up :)

Got up to level 18 last night and came across Vault 81.

allibastor wrote: »

Where do you get those?! I'm lvl 28 and have done a fair few Minutemen/BOS quests and I've just left
    glowing sea
    for the first time (main quest).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

allibastor wrote: »
    Cait has to be the best so far, poor mad!!!!

She didnt like when i went off with Magnolia though!!!!

Bewary of MacCready, his Head shot perk is bugged and will give you 2000% accuracy bonus to head shots, meaning you will never miss them in VATS.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I finished the game by siding with the minutemen, was quite disappointing. It feels like they are the last resort option. Made a save so I can see all of the endings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I wish I'd gotten this on PC.... the bugs are starting to annoy me

Have one now (which is fairly popular) where I cannot complete the Secret of Cabot house as Jack Cabot is just wandering the wastelands but the Farm - The Slog.... the indicator is pointing to a random spot underground, but sometimes he's nearby and when I talk to him, he just get's pi$$ed off and I cannot turn in the quest now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I had a fun bug yesterday, when walking by the river near where the tower is that the lad held captive by the super mutants is.

A few raiders and turrets were congregating on the street. Sniped a few of them and took out the turrets. One lad remained and he had grenades as well as his gun. Havent seen Raiders use more than one weapon before.

Anyway, targeted him in VATS and accidentally shot his arm. He bizarrely spun up into the arm, higher than the tall buildings in that area, and plummeted back to the ground, dead. I only wish I had thought hitting the PS Share button so I could have got it on video.

But in contrast (aside from the usual random crash bug), I had another bizarre bug. Was walking through the wasteland and targeted one of those Chinese bear creatures. Suddenly VATS froze, loading screen appeared and then my character plummeted from the sky for a few seconds hitting an invisible floor before dying. UGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Since we're sharing bugs. I had Paladin Danse sink into the ground, replete with a sound effect like the mole rates make when surfacing, then come back up in a position with his arms above his head and his legs splayed. Looks like a drowning position maybe.

He remained in that position with his gun raised above his head until I loaded an earlier save. He just kinda floated around without moving, even in combat or during dialog. He also seemed unable to shoot in combat but did happily float out in front of me and sponge shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

So many glitches in this game. I had one where a Brahman was "resting" on top of two water pumps. It would stand up, turn around all on top of the pumps.

Also, I find dogmeat infuriating sometimes. Walking off aimlessly when you are trying to talk to him walking in front of you, blocking doors (actually this relates to all characters).

Really enjoying this at the moment. I'm after linking up all my settlements. Trying to juggle all the people, not having enough beds. I'm this maniacal landlord type with my trusty super mutant.

My first love in the game good aul Strong. He's great. I should really try and use some of the others. Might try Curie next be worried that's she wouldn't hold as much as Strong though.

I could not be f**ked with Strong, too much of a moaning michael, essentially wanted me to be an innocent murdering psycho, also his dialogue is poor.... whereas Curies and Nicks I find to be much better.

They should have just replaced Strong with Vigil, IMHO, let Cait be the maniac one.... no one can truly hack that accent of hers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

Cormac... wrote: »
    no one can truly hack that accent of hers anyway.
    How did her family retain that accent over more than 6 generations?

Evade wrote: »
    How did her family retain that accent over more than 6 generations?

Paddy the Northern Irish Man, Paddy the Kerry Man and Paddy the Galway Man walk into a bar.

Caits mom isn't sure which one got her pregnant that night and didn't want to hurt anyones feelings

*bah tum tisch*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

Paddy the Northern Irish Man, Paddy the Kerry Man and Paddy the Galway Man walk into a bar.

Caits mom isn't sure which one got her pregnant that night and didn't want to hurt anyones feelings

*bah tum tisch*
    I was leaning more towards after her family being in Boston for at least 200 years, she should have a Bostonian accent. There's a few other characters like that too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

I could not be f**ked with Strong, too much of a moaning michael, essentially wanted me to be an innocent murdering psycho, also his dialogue is poor.... whereas Curies and Nicks I find to be much better.

They should have just replaced Strong with Vigil, IMHO, let Cait be the maniac one.... no one can truly hack that accent of hers anyway.

He does moan quite a lot but makes up for it by feeding me. Probably still in the honeymoon phase of our relationship lol. Will definitely get Curie next. Don't recognise this Vigil person though....who is that?

Think ill let the settlements feed themselves for a while and focus a bit on other things. I seem to be getting the same quests off Preston with harder baddies to fight so might try going for the railroad people.

Advertisement