Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

^ robbing this...... might bring Strong along, he'd love that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I actually like the railroad guys, parley because of Deacon and his mad lies about how cool I am.

Speaking of Railroad, has anyone had cool into lines to them from Deacon.

When I joined he told Desdemona of how I was the General, the guys who fights deathclaws, guy who saves settlements, general nice person.

It reminded me of some cool Skyrim intros where people know you already, makes the game a bit more immersive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Toots wrote: »
    I gave anyone in a guard tower a chest piece, and shopkeepers a hat. Everyone else can go plant mutfruit in their undies as far as I'm concerned!

lol that's exactly what i did too

What is the highest level anyone here has hit btw? I'm guessing I'll kind of have "Done" everything by around level 65-70 or so.

What I'm gonna try focus on (as I do find the game really enjoyable) is:
    All Bobbleheads
    Get maybe 3 Romantic Companions for the perks (would really like to get Curies quest but her likes/dislikes seem to make it very tricky for me)
    Get a couple of the easier trophies (maybe not the 100% settlement happiness one)
    Do all non-Radiant Sidequests
    Try get maybe 10-15 of the most weird legendary weapons (like the Broadsider etc)

I doubt i'd be drawn in enough to visit all locations or get all magazines tbh, that's probably a step too far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    I mean this is an RPG after all, comparing gear is important.

Comparing gear... This is annoying me so much. Why is it so hard to compare gear?

Oh there's a hunting rifle, I wonder is it better than the one I have equipped? Ah well, guess I'll never know...

• Advertisement

Comparing gear... This is annoying me so much. Why is it so hard to compare gear?

Oh there's a hunting rifle, I wonder is it better than the one I have equipped? Ah well, guess I'll never know...

I blame Destiny for having it's award winning UI for this kind of stuff.... and that's even as RPG heavy as Fallout.... and Fallout is like and RPG-lite

Also it annoys me you cannot easily sort or catagorise Armour/Weapons

I'd LOVE a way to have it give my weapons groups like "All .50 Ammo Weapons" so I can see what the best one is to use for an hour if I have a tonne of ammo to use. or "All Laser Rifles" so I could see which ones can take the compatible mods.

The game is a real 8/10.... but a better version of sorting/comparing/equipping/viewing gear etc would have pushed it into a 9/10 for me

Frustrating but till good fun though, I think it's just a case of what happens with a lot of games, you experience a better way of doing it and wish other games had implemented similar methodologies.

Plant a bell in your settlement, ring it, wait 1 minute for everyone to bunch up and quickly assign them before they disperse.

Ghoul-Woman, B***t-Face, The Moaning Asian, Other Guy with Hat, Hatless Guy, all the old favourites

Found the bell, thats working well for now.
    I'd like to see a town management section in the Pipboy, where you can manage all of the settlers and the work they're doing from there.
    Or at least list them and the jobs that are assigned to them.

I blame Destiny for having it's award winning UI for this kind of stuff.... and that's even as RPG heavy as Fallout.... and Fallout is like and RPG-lite

I do too, Destiny has spoiled me and I really don't see Bethesda as the kind of company who are going to be continually developing the game. I'm guessing we are stuck with the worlds worst UI.

I'm sure there'll be some mod on the PC soon enough to make the armour and weapons comparisons, town management work much better in the Pipboy. I see a lot of potential for it but I don't see Bethesda doing anything about it.

Short answer is Bethesda, like 99% of games developers don't NEED to do much beyond a 1.2 type patch. The game is sold, there is no continuous way for them to make money. It's stable (enough), not too glitchy and people will "forgive" it's missteps. Also, it is not online.

And with that, let's leave the Destiny comparisons at the door..... before we get a reputation as "Those guys" :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Short answer is Bethesda, like 99% of games developers don't NEED to do much beyond a 1.2 type patch. The game is sold, there is no continuous way for them to make money. It's stable (enough), not too glitchy and people will "forgive" it's missteps. Also, it is not online.

And with that, let's leave the Destiny comparisons at the door..... before we get a reputation as "Those guys" :pac:

This is so true nowadays. Does anyone remember though when Burnout Paradise came out? Shocked that the DLC and patches were free given EA was behind it. The made so many great enhancements through patches and updates. Added motorcycles and everything. They had a regular podcast too.

Wish every developer was like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a Vault Dwellers Guide they want to sell on ?

If not does anyone know where to get it in Ireland ? If not I'll just go with the Hardback from Amazon for £20.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a Vault Dwellers Guide they want to sell on ?

If not does anyone know where to get it in Ireland ? If not I'll just go with the Hardback from Amazon for £20.

The Prima guide? We got it in Easons (present for my bro-in-law) i believe, it's A4 size but not Hardback.....

I didn't really seem like a good guide though IMHO. 80% of it was like maps, still worth the 12 quid or whatever though.

The Prima guide? We got it in Easons (present for my bro-in-law) i believe, it's A4 size but not Hardback.....

I didn't really seem like a good guide though IMHO. 80% of it was like maps, still worth the 12 quid or whatever though.

I think that one is £12 on Amazon. I'll check Easons now cheers Cormac.

Just giving this a go now and got to the Satalite Array earlier and got hammered by Super Mutants with mini nukes. Blew me to bits about 5 times in a row :D

Just giving this a go now and got to the Satalite Array earlier and got hammered by Super Mutants with mini nukes. Blew me to bits about 5 times in a row :D

That's funny, happened to me and literally was chatting to a mate about an hour ago who had the same problem :D

Best bet would be to mess around a bit more in the top left of the map for a couple of levels as the game doesn't tell you exactly what level each mission is.... Like the last main miuntemen question, which theoretically you can do really early (called The Castle) has a Lvl50 boss..... I went in there around level24 and had a baaaaaaad time.

I'd recommend trying to be level20 before going into Diamond City.

Just explore the top left of the map and do the repeating miuntemen and BoS missions in those areas (the ones where the quest icon is you Pip-Boy clicking his finger and winking or wearing a minutemen hat and walking with a rifle)

That's funny, happened to me and literally was chatting to a mate about an hour ago who had the same problem :D

Best bet would be to mess around a bit more in the top left of the map for a couple of levels as the game doesn't tell you exactly what level each mission is.... Like the last main miuntemen question, which theoretically you can do really early (called The Castle) has a Lvl50 boss..... I went in there around level24 and had a baaaaaaad time.

I'd recommend trying to be level20 before going into Diamond City.

Just explore the top left of the map and do the repeating miuntemen and BoS missions in those areas (the ones where the quest icon is you Pip-Boy clicking his finger and winking or wearing a minutemen hat and walking with a rifle)

I'm level 13 but used the SPECIAL glitch so have 10 points in all my starting attributes :)

Just want to get Gun Nut Level 2 so I can build silencers because nothing is dropping with them for me. That should help with my sneak attack bonuses.

I'm level 13 but used the SPECIAL glitch so have 10 points in all my starting attributes :)

Just want to get Gun Nut Level 2 so I can build silencers because nothing is dropping with them for me. That should help with my sneak attack bonuses.

Wait till you get The Deliverer :D Comes with a Silencer and is INSANE if you spec for Sneak + Pistols + Mysterious Stranger etc

Can be gotten from a mission quest but I had one drop VERY early in my game.... pity I spec'd for 2-Handed so early *goes back to modding Assault Rifles and my Explosive Shotty and Snipers*

Also, you are a filthy, rotten, glitching, cheating scum!!! :P

Wait till you get The Deliverer :D Comes with a Silencer and is INSANE if you spec for Sneak + Pistols + Mysterious Stranger etc

Can be gotten from a mission quest but I had one drop VERY early in my game.... pity I spec'd for 2-Handed so early *goes back to modding Assault Rifles and my Explosive Shotty and Snipers*

Also, you are a filthy, rotten, glitching, cheating scum!!! :P

Quiet you puney Waste Rat :P

That was what I was looking at building now as I'm happy enough with my Lockpicking and Hacking Skills. I'm also fairly luncky and like to pacify Humans and Animals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The Mr. Gutsy up there keeps ripping shreds out of me. Killed him once and then an Assualtron's laser made ****e of me.

Not today, run away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

So apparently there's a "good" ending where
    the Institute is destroyed and the other factions are still around and at peace.

I don't have a save at the right stage to try this but I might start a new game to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You don't even need a UI like Destinys, just look at Borderlands, hover over a weapon and a popup appears beside it of your current one with green and red highlights telling you wahats better/worse, same for grenades and mods, so simple and a total killer when its missing.

• Advertisement

^ My sentiments exactly, I drew the BL comparison myself.

It does give you a + or _ system comparing what you are looking at over what you have selected.... but that's NOT sufficient

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thargor wrote: »
    You don't even need a UI like Destinys, just look at Borderlands, hover over a weapon and a popup appears beside it of your current one with green and red highlights telling you wahats better/worse, same for grenades and mods, so simple and a total killer when its missing.

The Fallout UI has something like that although not as comprehensive by way of the + and - symbol beside that stat. But it doesn't show until you pick it up. and I think it may only compare against currently equipped weapon or armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thargor wrote: »

Would need more than that myself.

There's no information of status effects, is it 25 bleed damage over x seconds, or per second for x seconds or what. Bleed stacks but burning doesn't, and nowhere does the game explain radiation damage for weapons.

There's a serious lack of information unless you go looking for it from reddit et al.

Remember when games came with Manuals?..... Peppridge farm remembers

From Reddit:
    I found the official BOS Vertibird training video

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I am right in thinking the longer you play the game, the longer it takes to load up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I am right in thinking the longer you play the game, the longer it takes to load up?

The number of saves has an affect on the title screen and the save menu in game. The size also increase as it goes on so would probably take a bit longer in loading a particular save.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Can anyone tell me how not have a corrupt save on Fallout 4? (Xbox One)

Some days Il load up to find the save corrupt, and have to revert to one earlier. This is leading me to saving about 4 times before I turn the thing off so I can choose whichever is not bugged.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Can you defrag an xbox HD?

if so do that.

joe123 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how not have a corrupt save on Fallout 4? (Xbox One)

Some days Il load up to find the save corrupt, and have to revert to one earlier. This is leading me to saving about 4 times before I turn the thing off so I can choose whichever is not bugged.

Make sure you go back to the dashboard and quick the game properly before turning off the xbox.

• Advertisement

Make sure you go back to the dashboard and quick the game properly before turning off the xbox.

This. just save then quit to main menu when you are finishing up for the night. I got it all the time if i saved and just turned off the xbox. I was never in a spot were I couldn't just load the next save on the list as I know from past Bethesda /RPG experience to use multiple saves and save often, but I imagine if you are not saving much and relying on auto save and depending on save options you could end up losing a few hours to this :(

Advertisement