Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interstellar (Christopher Nolan) *SPOILERS FROM POST 458 ONWARDS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

At times it felt like 2001 mixed with Buck Rogers and Days of our Lives.

If anyone is looking for a straight up hard sci-fi watch Europa Report, low budget but doesn't feel it and it feels more out there/isolated despite them never leaving our solar system.

I loved and it blew me away (others hated it, so be warned) and has stays away from the starry eyed Carl Sagan outlook to show what a real exploration of the universe would probably go down.

A bunch of great unknowns actually portraying how scientists/explorers would behave for real, Sunshine is a good example.

Something that gets on my tits is when is when astronauts aka world class scientists and pilots are asking questions that would have all been answered probably by themselves before launch. Nothing takes me out of a film like it. Scripts are better are saying nothing here.

Find a better way of showing it son, don't tell me!

2001 doesn't expostion **** and we have to watch what its happening and deduce for ourselves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Has anyone seen Interstellar Blu-Rays in HMV yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

ktulu123 wrote: »

No think they are holding it until the UK release date on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Yes picked it up in Galway yesterday.

No think they are holding it until the UK release date on Tuesday
    Yes picked it up in Galway yesterday.

hmmmm, two different answers!! :P Anyone been to Dundrum HMV? Not arsed making the trip if it's not there

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

HMV dispatched my bluray last Tuesday and it arrived Wednesday. Preordering it online seems to have been the best choice. They had 20% off at the time too so it was less than €15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

hmmmm, two different answers!! :P Anyone been to Dundrum HMV? Not arsed making the trip if it's not there

Ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Adamantium wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for a straight up hard sci-fi watch Europa Report, low budget but doesn't feel it and it feels more out there/isolated despite them never leaving our solar system.

I loved and it blew me away (others hated it, so be warned) and has stays away from the starry eyed Carl Sagan outlook to show what a real exploration of the universe would probably go down.

A bunch of great unknowns actually portraying how scientists/explorers would behave for real, Sunshine is a good example.

Something that gets on my tits is when is when astronauts aka world class scientists and pilots are asking questions that would have all been answered probably by themselves before launch. Nothing takes me out of a film like it. Scripts are better are saying nothing here.

Find a better way of showing it son, don't tell me!

2001 doesn't expostion **** and we have to watch what its happening and deduce for ourselves.

+1 on Europa Report, it's a great film.

HMV dispatched my bluray last Tuesday and it arrived Wednesday. Preordering it online seems to have been the best choice. They had 20% off at the time too so it was less than €15

Sorry yes was just going on what Goldendiscs told me on Friday but just went into HMV/xtravision in blanch and picked up the digibook two disc edition for 24.99 which is a decent price as Amazon are looking for £20 for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

One of the reasons I like sci-fi movies is cause they usually come with a good soundtrack and here is no exception. Can't get enough of it at the minute.

Why did this movie SO smell of 2001 ? Was it deliberate? Couldn't be just influence!

If there was one thing that was so ridiculous it was the TSAR robot when it was running. I mean come on, it does not take an engineer to know that 2 rectangular shaped pegs does not an efficient running machine make! So so silly.

But I loved it overall anyway :D

• Advertisement

Sorry yes was just going on what Goldendiscs told me on Friday but just went into HMV/xtravision in blanch and picked up the digibook two disc edition for 24.99 which is a decent price as Amazon are looking for £20 for it.

:mad::mad:

I had it preordered on amazon and with delivery I paid €33 for it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Watching it again for the first time since seeing it in the cinema. 2 minutes in and the soundtrack just grabs you. Hans Zimmer is a genius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Just watched it again on a 4.3 inch super amoled screen guys. Still amazeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Out on DVD today I think? Cant wait to see it again. The fact that its still on the first page of this forum 5 months after its domestic release tells me that its a pretty special movie.

Picked up the book version earlier, looking forward to watching the extras :D

I saw a tweet from Brian Cox

https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/interstellar/default.aspx

I can imagine his smiley face, god I'd love to punch him ... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Oh I would love to attend that :( No tickets available though unless you pay for a box at over £170 per person.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Oh I would love to attend that :( No tickets available though unless you pay for a box at over £170 per person.

This happened last night according to the official site. God damn it, I would have gone, no question about it. £170 is a steel IMO for such an evening's entertainment; Interstellar with live score conducted by Hans Zimmer, pre-screening talk with Zimmer, Chris Nolan and Kip Thorne. If anyone sees any more dates for it can you post it in this thread please?

Edit: Actually, this was quite likely a once off, looking at all the elements that were in place for it (Zimmer, Nolan, Thorne) I don't see it being a regular thing. F**k it anyway.

stankratz wrote: »
    This happened last night according to the official site. God damn it, I would have gone, no question about it. £170 is a steel IMO for such an evening's entertainment; Interstellar with live score conducted by Hans Zimmer, pre-screening talk with Zimmer, Chris Nolan and Kip Thorne. If anyone sees any more dates for it can you post it in this thread please?

Edit: Actually, this was quite likely a once off, looking at all the elements that were in place for it (Zimmer, Nolan, Thorne) I don't see it being a regular thing. F**k it anyway.

Also would've gone. I already flew to UK just to see it when it came out so for such a special occasion as this I'd definitely go again.

Also would've gone. I already flew to UK just to see it when it came out so for such a special occasion as this I'd definitely go again.

It would have been a costly outing no doubt, but one I would never regret parting with money for. I would have loved to get over to see it in on IMAX in England, I imagine it was well worth it yeah?

• Advertisement

HaHa Brilliant! love the Hans Zimmer comment!

It would have been a costly outing no doubt, but one I would never regret parting with money for. I would have loved to get over to see it in on IMAX in England, I imagine it was well worth it yeah?

Yeah flights were less than €30 return. I only booked to see it once but after I came out I went straight back to the queue to see it again. If you're every in Manchester or London and they're playing a 70mm IMAX screening of anything just go see it.

haha the Honest Trailer is funny, always enjoy those. Hans Falling asleep on the organ haha. Pain in the arse, I only heard about the Interstellar Live event the day it was on. Would of made the trip over too. I'd say it was amazing with the live Orchestra

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I loved the movie but I am aware that it had many flaws, that trailer was hilarious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Luigi Affleck made me choke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

thanks, that was the most accurate review of Interstellar ever

what a let down of a movie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

kingtiger wrote: »
    thanks, that was the most accurate review of Interstellar ever

what a let down of a movie

Obvious April fool joke is obvious.

C'mon man try and be a little more subtle everybody knows the movie is amazing and Hans Zimmer is a Genius.

Yep, surprised it wasn't advertised more ... :(

I only saw it by chance with the Brian Cox tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

the_monkey wrote: »
    I saw a tweet from Brian Cox

https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/interstellar/default.aspx

I can imagine his smiley face, god I'd love to punch him ... :P

This is coming to Dublin in 3 weeks. Nolan, Zimmer & Caine all confirmed so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

This is coming to Dublin in 3 weeks. Nolan, Zimmer & Caine all confirmed so far.

928637e46153a94e6158ad1537e36cde38266789a42e8a71beac20b1f7635abf.jpg

Advertisement