Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

GBX wrote: »
    Delivery today - Ordered from Etotalk on Sunday - quick turnaround!
    Will open it and mess around and give feedback later.

Well for some, you ordered a week after me and mine hasn't even been shipped yet! Would like to hear your feedback on it though for when mine does eventually arrive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

And the timewasters on my adverts ad begins! They dont even read the ads or replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Hi lads, want to buy a phone for a present (daughter) budget around 150 euro (can go a bit higher) , 5 inch would be fine, 5.5 inch would be better.

Any of ye experts have any recommendations for me?

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

djsim101 wrote: »
    Hi lads, want to buy a phone for a present (daughter) budget around 150 euro (can go a bit higher) , 5 inch would be fine, 5.5 inch would be better.

Thanks all

Elephone P3000s you might have to spend a lil bit more though.

Elephone P3000s you might have to spend a lil bit more though.

Thanks man,

I have a cubot for 2 years now myself without any issues, and I was thinking of this one

http://www.pandawill.com/cubot-x10-smartphone-55-inch-hd-mtk6592m-octa-core-2gb-16gb-waterproof-whitegold-p101958.html

Not sure if anyone has that phone brand here though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

djsim101 wrote: »

Thanks all

Honor 4x? http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00TX5REDY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=A11IL2PNWYJU7H&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0Y44PQMQC9W4FCZDNXR2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=451015207&pf_rd_i=426865031

Xiaomi Redmi Note, Meizu m1 note, Lenovo k3 note are also 3 decent 5.5" phones in that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Anyone have any experience with the Ecoo E04 aurora plus?

Picking one up tomorrow and it looks decent for the price.

Thanks man, I almost bought the Lenovo k3 the other day but couldn't find much reviews on it which stalled me a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

So 9 days after ordering from geekbuying for my phone it's still processing.. I got a mail at long last from the today

Dear sir,
    Thanks for your understanding.
    Once it arrive on our warehouse,after testing and packing,we will send it out ASAP.
    When sending out,you will get a tracking number.
    For the DHL,we declare 40usd cellphone as real thing generally .
    Hope you can wait for it patient.
    If you have any problem,please feel free to contact us.
    Anyway we will try our best to help you.
    Have a nice day.
    Best wishes.

Bit of a joke at this stage not even in their warehouse yet.. how is it best I go about getting a refund lads? Through PayPal or themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just Purchased the Gionee elife e7. Great specs and it was a flagship device, worth a punt at 175.

Has anyone else bought one of these? what is your opinion? thanks

Have you received the phone yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

This guy reviews an insane amount of phones http://batista70phone.com/category/video-recensioni/

The videos are in Italian but worth a look just for the scoring comparisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 llandai

So 9 days after ordering from geekbuying for my phone it's still processing.. I got a mail at long last from the today

Dear sir,
    Thanks for your understanding.
    Once it arrive on our warehouse,after testing and packing,we will send it out ASAP.
    When sending out,you will get a tracking number.
    For the DHL,we declare 40usd cellphone as real thing generally .
    Hope you can wait for it patient.

If you have any problem,please feel free to contact us.
    Anyway we will try our best to help you.
    Have a nice day.
    Best wishes.

Bit of a joke at this stage not even in their warehouse yet.. how is it best I go about getting a refund lads? Through PayPal or themselves?

I got an email from them this morning (4:30am) saying my phone had arrived into warehouse, (they said the same thing 2 days ago as well though) and would be shipped within 24 hours. Got another email 2 hours ago saying it had been shipped. They really don't seem to have much of a clue what their doing, not too impressed with the service!

Lads anyone hear of this seller ?

http://www.tinydeal.com/mstar-s700-55-ips-ogs-mtk6752-64-bit-android-50-4g-lte-phone-p-150384.html

Looking at this phone, specs look excellent and falls with price range, what do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Xiaomi are launching their offical EU store on Tuesday, they only have the newer devices, so we have an official retailer now.

There's a French, German, UK and US site, so at worst we will have to buy in sterling and use parcel motel.

http://www.mi.com/en/store/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Isn't that site going to be for accessories only?

It appears so after looking another bit. Dammit. I was excited there for a bit :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would be suprised if they destroyed one of them, what does the tracking info show ? Have you confirmed that it was destroyed by customs ?

Nope, just speculation/arse-covering from the post-office. Probably nicked it themselves.

Bizarrely, Joe Duffying the seller seems to have got me somewhere. After I sent them a cringey 'how dare you, the internet shall hear of this!' mail they backed down and said they'd resend for free.

Although it probably really will be a dead rodent in a box this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Nope, just speculation/arse-covering from the post-office. Probably nicked it themselves.

Bizarrely, Joe Duffying the seller seems to have got me somewhere. After I sent them a cringey 'how dare you, the internet shall hear of this!' mail they backed down and said they'd resend for free.

Although it probably really will be a dead rodent in a box this time.

All seems very strange. The tracking should at least tell you how far it got, if it go to Ireland, it should then say 'sent to customs' or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

satguy wrote: »
    My Wife needs a new phone,, she is not a power user, just calls and a bit of Facebook stuff..

Does anybody know or have any thoughts on this one below,, Thanks..

VKWORLD VK700 5.5inch IPS HD MTK6582 Quad Core 1.3GHz Android 4.4 Smartphone 1GB RAM 8GB ROM 3G GPS Miracast - Black
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/VKWORLD-VK700-5-5inch-IPS-HD-MTK6582-Quad-Core-1-3GHz-Android-4-4-Smartphone-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-3G-GPS-Miracast---Black-344133.html

Too Late,,

I hit the buy button, and did the DHL thing as well, should be here in a few days..

It is for the wife and she likes the look of it and can't wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

• Advertisement

fitze69 wrote: »

I posted that phone earlier in the thread, looks good for the price, but note that they have it as 'PRE-SALE'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Hi guys, some fantastic 5.5 inch phones out there at the moment but I'm really happy with my Redmi 1s (recommended on this thread!) so far even though it's old news now but I've Cyanogenmod on it and Lollipop.

My Mom is looking for a phone that's around 5 inches (4.5 to 5.5 or whatever is close) and is less than €70. She'd be stepping up from a tiny 2012 Samsung on Gingerbread so performance wouldn't be a big issue. Any tips?

Can anyone give me a good recommendation for a 5.5, good community behind would be a big plus. Oh and a small price tag would be great. So basically i want it all and I want it cheap :)

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi guys, some fantastic 5.5 inch phones out there at the moment but I'm really happy with my Redmi 1s (recommended on this thread!) so far even though it's old news now but I've Cyanogenmod on it and Lollipop.

My Mom is looking for a phone that's around 5 inches (4.5 to 5.5 or whatever is close) and is less than €70. She'd be stepping up from a tiny 2012 Samsung on Gingerbread so performance wouldn't be a big issue. Any tips?

I got a Cubot S208 for one of my friends a few months ago, think it was €85

He says it's grand, but at that budget you're just looking at varying degrees of crap

Can anyone give me a good recommendation for a 5.5, good community behind would be a big plus. Oh and a small price tag would be great. So basically i want it all and I want it cheap :)

Redmi as in the post above? Roughly €175

the 1s looks like its 4.7 screen?

There are so many phones out there now, I think it is hard to get a community behind many of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

the 1s looks like its 4.7 screen?

Tis but it's a great phone and well supported by a strong community.

Elephone p7000 looks good too.

Sorry I'm thinking of the Redmi Note, think its priced a little higher.

You can't look past Xiaomi when you're after a community though

• Advertisement

Any sites with EU stock? that elephone looks class

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement