Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭honda boi

DDC1990 wrote: »

Ye looks like it no feedback or orders,so FAR too good be true. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

look at that persons other adds. Selling batterys for $1000. I'd avoid. looks very suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

I notice lots of places selling refurbished mainstream phones on aliexpress, like LG G2 and HTC One M7s. Anyone have any experience with these? The fact that they are refurbished seems hidden away and they give very little details about what was fixed or the condition of the phone, which makes me wary.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-LG-G2-F320-D800-D802-16GB-32GB-storage-13MP-camera-Quad-core-5-2-inch/1996142666.html

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

This looks like a great deal(correct me if i'm wrong).If you pre-order in the next couple of days they send you the 3GB Ram, 32Gig version.

http://www.tinydeal.com/zopo-zp999-55-ltps-fhd-mtk6595m-android-44-8-core-4g-phone-p-139948.html

Decided to finally bite the bullet and get the above phone but i wanted to send it to parcel motel and at the final payment screen it failed due to billing country and ip address not matching. Exact message

""Sorry! Your billing country is not equal to geolocation country(IP address). Please recheck it and correct your billing address, then try to pay again. Thanks!
    payment fail"

I've never come across this before and would wary of using a proxy. Any advice. Would you usea proxy in this case? Could it cause any issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Decided to finally bite the bullet and get the above phone but i wanted to send it to parcel motel and at the final payment screen it failed due to billing country and ip address not matching. Exact message

""Sorry! Your billing country is not equal to geolocation country(IP address). Please recheck it and correct your billing address, then try to pay again. Thanks!
    payment fail"

I've never come across this before and would wary of using a proxy. Any advice. Would you usea proxy in this case? Could it cause any issues?

Best thing to do might be to put it through with your correct address and then send the seller a message on with the PM address ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Best thing to do might be to put it through with your correct address and then send the seller a message on with the PM address ?

You're probably right but i'm a bit stubborn and went ahead and used a proxy and it went through ok. They might cop on what i did and have an issue with it as i had to cancel the pending transaction but sure i'll live and learn and have no intention of ever doing that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Trying to install the Google voice search app on my Xiaomi 1S but it says it's already installed. Anyone any idea how I can find it because it's not showing up anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chivral

Tried checking in settings->apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

I have some spare parts available for a Jiayu G4, if anyone needs to fix their phone:

- Mainboard 1GB RAM, 4GB ROM
    - Charger Board
    - Camera Module
    - Battery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Does anybody know if PostNL packages from Chinese android websites slip through customs often or am I better off just going with DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Aspiring wrote: »
    Does anybody know if PostNL packages from Chinese android websites slip through customs often or am I better off just going with DHL.

Well you can never say never, but I got 3 phones via Nederland post from China over the past 3 months, and all got though without Customs getting their grimy paws on them:).

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Hi lads,

My Jiayu G4s arrived today.

Can anyone point me in the right direction how to set it up. I have a load of chinese apps like baidu etc that I cannot get rid of and are quiet annoying.

Any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is it your first Android? You need to root it and optionally stick a better rom on there if there is one.

Rooting it alone will let you uninstall any bloatware though.

Thargor wrote: »
    Is it your first Android? You need to root it and optionally stick a better rom on there if there is one.

Rooting it alone will let you uninstall any bloatware though.

Thanks for the reply,

Its not my first android but I have never done anything with a phone like that before. Could you maybe point me in the right direction.

What does putting a different rom in to your phone change, I know there is a lot of different roms available for my phone on needrom

Im sure the Rom that comes on the G4s is fine, the one on my G3 was practically stock Jellybean. ROMs can make a huge difference to battery and performance though, you have to ask other owners what they did. The best place to ask is XDA-Developers.

Really though rooting it and uninstalling the bloatware should be fine, as I said Jiayu roms are fairly close to stock.

Thargor wrote: »
    Im sure the Rom that comes on the G4s is fine, the one on my G3 was practically stock Jellybean. ROMs can make a huge difference to battery and performance though, you have to ask other owners what they did. The best place to ask is XDA-Developers.

Really though rooting it and uninstalling the bloatware should be fine, as I said Jiayu roms are fairly close to stock.

Sorry now but can you let me know how to do this if you can??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

eurokev wrote: »
    Hi lads,

My Jiayu G4s arrived today.

Can anyone point me in the right direction how to set it up. I have a load of chinese apps like baidu etc that I cannot get rid of and are quiet annoying.

Any help appreciated

Hot one of these a while back, topping phone IMHO.
    The g4s I got had root option on it, and I downloaded mobileuncle app, and was able to select the apps I wanted to delete from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Well you can never say never, but I got 3 phones via Nederland post from China over the past 3 months, and all got though without Customs getting their grimy paws on them:).

Hopefully I'm as lucky, I'll have to be considering it'll be delivered during holiday season :D

• Advertisement

How many days ahead will I know if I get caught by customs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Chinese phone shipping through NLpost, how many days to get here do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Chinese phone shipping through NLpost, how many days to get here do you think?

20-35 iirc.

This phone is out shortly. I've had my eye on this since it was announced at $300 and this deal price i'm pretty sure you won't get better spec for the money.

This is a deal of the day.

http://www.antelife.com/umi-zero-mtk6592t-otca-core-2-0ghz-5-0-inch-fhd-ips-ogs-corning-gorilla-glass-screen-3-android-4-4-3g-smartphone-black.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

This phone is out shortly. I've had my eye on this since it was announced at $300 and this deal price i'm pretty sure you won't get better spec for the money.

This is a deal of the day.

http://www.antelife.com/umi-zero-mtk6592t-otca-core-2-0ghz-5-0-inch-fhd-ips-ogs-corning-gorilla-glass-screen-3-android-4-4-3g-smartphone-black.html

$200 seems too good to be true!

mcg1987 wrote: »
    $200 seems too good to be true!

Yes it 'seems' too good but I think it's legit. Tinydeal have it at $229 if you buy their ridiculous voucher for $70 off so I'd say it's fine.

If that was my budget I'd buy it in a heartbeat as it's a great deal. I'm having my own problems trying to get another deal from another site for a better spec phone(obviously more expensive) and I'll update you on that in good time whether you want or not😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

serious spec for the money. not sure why its priced so low, it'd make me wary of it.

Coolicool is selling it at around that price, merimobiles isn't though tried to do a price match, will see what happens.
    I did a bit of research about the iuni u2, awesome specs at an awesome price downside is, seems to be Chinese only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

Hi, got a Jiayu G4S, seems very good.
    Feels like quality, works well, nice and fast. .
    One problem i have though is that my contact names arent coming up right in the caller ID or message inbox.
    I had my contacts saved as local numbers (without the +353) so went through them all and added the +353 but annoyingly this doesnt cover me either as some numbers now appear on caller ID or inbox without the +353, meaning they are once again unnamed !!
    Should i just save all names twice (in both formats) or does anyone know a better way?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement