Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

install gravitybox and look at general fixes tab. You'll need xposed installer to install gravitybox.

Google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chivral

Got a reply from merimobiles
    "Hi the product will be relased on November 20th, as soon as its released we can pricematch
    thank you

Carlo"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

http://www.pandawill.com/neken-n6-smartphone-android-42-mtk6589t-quad-core-50-inch-ips-fhd-screen-1gb-16gb-p79104.html

For around 107 euro, ( + 5% if you want to take Pandawill up on their offer to pay the VAT charges if customs apply them )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

This phone is out shortly. I've had my eye on this since it was announced at $300 and this deal price i'm pretty sure you won't get better spec for the money.

This is a deal of the day.

http://www.antelife.com/umi-zero-mtk6592t-otca-core-2-0ghz-5-0-inch-fhd-ips-ogs-corning-gorilla-glass-screen-3-android-4-4-3g-smartphone-black.html

This is along the same lines as the Doogee dg900.

The only thing I don't like about both of them is you cannot run 2 sim cards +memory card.

Its either one sim and one memory card or just two sims with no room for the memory card.

Not sure why they went down that road :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Yup so my phone def will never have 4G in Ireland, pissed off with Xiaomishop now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Yup so my phone def will never have 4G in Ireland, pissed off with Xiaomishop now.

There is 2 different versions of the 4g redmi note. You probably do have the FDD version advertised on xiaomishop so I wouldn't be pissed off with them. There could be other reasons you're not getting 4G

Is it available in your area? Not all providers have good 4G coverage
    The redmi note only supports 1800mhz, not 800mhz so again coverage may be limited depending on your provider.
    Are you sure you have a 4G enabled sim?

spix wrote: »
    There is 2 different versions of the 4g redmi note. You probably do have the FDD version advertised on xiaomishop so I wouldn't be pissed off with them. There could be other reasons you're not getting 4G

Is it available in your area? Not all providers have good 4G coverage
    The redmi note only supports 1800mhz, not 800mhz so again coverage may be limited depending on your provider.
    Are you sure you have a 4G enabled sim?

Anyway of checking the phones bands? Slso how can you check if a sim is 4G ready.

Anyway of checking the phones bands? Slso how can you check if a sim is 4G ready.

Not sure on checking the bands, but all 4G sims I've seen have 4G written on them.

spix wrote: »
    Not sure on checking the bands, but all 4G sims I've seen have 4G written on them.

Cool thanks ill ring three tomorrow and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My 3 sim was ancient, I brought it into Carphone Warehouse and the guy put it in as little cutter device and cut it into a micro sim and it got 4G straight away on my new OPO so I doubt its the sim.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    My 3 sim was ancient, I brought it into Carphone Warehouse and the guy put it in as little cutter device and cut it into a micro sim and it got 4G straight away on my new OPO so I doubt its the sim.

I have a meteor sim and it won't connect to 4G on my xperia sp. Ordered a new one a few weeks ago and had the same problem. Tried it in my honor 3c 4G too and a message came up saying 'This sim card does not support 4g network'

No harm in ringing anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

I'll be buying a Jiayu G4S this week if anyone comes across a decent price stick up a link or pm me thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Pandawill are very slow with postage. You'd be lucky to get it this side of Christmas i'd imagine.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Pandawill are very slow with postage. You'd be lucky to get it this side of Christmas i'd imagine.

That could be a bit of a deal breaker so...

What sellers are good with deliveries and reasonable with cost?

you'll struggle to get anything before Christmas now. Its really the luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chivral

Surely if he uses express shipping he'll get it before Christmas?

Chivral wrote: »
    Surely if he uses express shipping he'll get it before Christmas?

Pandawill don't do express shipping anymore i think.

Obviously with express shipping you'll have it, you'll have definite(about 98% chance) of paying customs on it though.

If your budget is around 150, thats about 35 euro more on customs.

you'd be better off buying a Moto G. How i hate saying that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

fixxxer wrote: »
    My Mi4 worked beautifully Bebe the screen smashed. I had the white 16gb version.

Im thinking of just ordering the mi3, just so i can get it in black theres not a lot of difference Between them. Do you know how to uninstall All the Chinese writing and apps when you first get it?

Im thinking of just ordering the mi3, just so i can get it in black theres not a lot of difference Between them. Do you know how to uninstall All the Chinese writing and apps when you first get it?

Turned on root and used titanium.
    I got a screen for my mi3 and am getting it fitted this week.
    Cheaper than a new phone

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Turned on root and used titanium.
    I got a screen for my mi3 and am getting it fitted this week.
    Cheaper than a new phone

I honestly having a breeze about routing phones could you tell me each step as what to do in settings to configure the phone to what you have yourself. Id really appreciate it

I honestly having a breeze about routing phones could you tell me each step as what to do in settings to configure the phone to what you have yourself. Id really appreciate it

There's an option within the settings that lets you allow root access. Its the flick of a switch.

My screen is broken and getting it fixed this week but go over to the xiaomi thread and someone there will help you.

Corwill is good for info...I taught him all he knows :D

Flash the official global rom, removes all chinese crap and has google preinstalled.

Download here http://bigota.d.miui.com/KXDMIBH34.0/miui_MI3WMI4WGlobal_KXDMIBH34.0_a6570e5f9c_4.4.zip

Connect the mi3 to a pc and move update.zip file into the main phone folder. If the phones update app is working fine you can flash it from there, otherwise turn off the phone and boot into miui recovery by holding down volume+ and power button. Select English (using volume keys and power button to navigate) then 'Install update.zip to system one' Wait for it to finish and you have a fully english mi3 which will still get official OTA updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Can anyone confirm will the 4g work in ireland? Thinking of pulling the trigger on this? seems great spec phone for the price... Its on presale on coolicool.com for teh same price, any reason not to buy from there??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 topaz1978

Hi, should I go for a phablet if I'm looking for both a phone and a tablet or should I get them separately? I have a budget of about 300 inclusive all round. So that's 150 separately or 300 for the phablet. My friend can bring me home whatever I ship to the U.S. as she's going there and coming back before Christmas so won't be custom charges. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

topaz1978 wrote: »
    Hi, should I go for a phablet if I'm looking for both a phone and a tablet or should I get them separately? I have a budget of about 300 inclusive all round. So that's 150 separately or 300 for the phablet. My friend can bring me home whatever I ship to the U.S. as she's going there and coming back before Christmas so won't be custom charges. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a mill.

If they are shipping from China to the US, there may be charges applied on delivery to the U.S

http://en.thl.com.cn/product/thl-t200.html

Is 6 inches too big ?;)

• Advertisement

theduffer wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm will the 4g work in ireland? Thinking of pulling the trigger on this? seems great spec phone for the price... Its on presale on coolicool.com for teh same price, any reason not to buy from there??

Pay panda will an extra 5% and have no customs charges

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement