Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

webels wrote: »
    It does look good to be fair, I would have gone with the Huawei Honor 6, it was working out at €270 it would have a slightly better battery but yours has a better camera (slightly). Otherwise they are very similar except for the CPU. Yours had the 800mHz 4g frequency which really makes it worth consideration. If it had the snapdragon or the kirin I think i would go with it myself. There really seems to be plenty 4g phones coming out of China at the moment and getting cheaper so the wait for me goes on.

Yeah would agree that that Huawei is slightly the better phone with the only drawback being the 800mHz 4g. However there is a price difference with only the 16GB Huawei coming in at around 265-270 unless you can find the 32GB at that price. The additional internal storage helps without the need for a SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭webels

Yeah would agree that that Huawei is slightly the better phone with the only drawback being the 800mHz 4g. However there is a price difference with only the 16GB Huawei coming in at around 265-270 unless you can find the 32GB at that price. The additional internal storage helps without the need for a SD card.
    Between the two of us we will nearly persuade each other to go for it - your starting to sell it to me, who will crack first? I will see if i can find any reviews this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

11th November is a big sales day , I wonder will there be further bargains tomorrow ?

If people do order then , surely it will be in Ireland before xmas provided it is in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Hey guys, anyone recenlty bought the new Xiaomi Mi4 and are using it and are happy? Could you tell me where you bought it from, how long delivery was, and also if it needed to be rooted? Thanks a mill for any advice! Want to buy one!

Just reading this now, did you happen to buy that phone as im considering it myself but don't know if it will work in Ireland on tesco mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just reading this now, did you happen to buy that phone as im considering it myself but don't know if it will work in Ireland on tesco mobile

My Mi4 worked beautifully Bebe the screen smashed. I had the white 16gb version.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

What do ye guys think of this fellow.
    Its the MPIE G7 Android 4.4 4G Smartphone
    http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_76182.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

fixxxer wrote: »
    My Mi4 worked beautifully Bebe the screen smashed. I had the white 16gb version.

Had a Mi3 until my son bit the screen and cracked it.
    I've a new screen winging it's way to me from China with the hope one of the Chinese shops can fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

fixxxer wrote: »

Oh really and what network wore you using with it do they come unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

What do ye guys think of this fellow.
    Its the MPIE G7 Android 4.4 4G Smartphone
    http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_76182.html

It's pretty good for the money. The 60% off is nonsense. Pretty sure it's been cheaper before, or maybe I'm thinking of a similar phone? Anyway if you figure $100 base price for a standard 5in mtk6582 1GB ram phone. Then for $40 more you're getting 2GB of ram, LTE and a fingerprint scanner. Pretty good I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

EMobile. Was completely unlocked, just put the sim in and it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Almost all phones in this thread are unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Got a Xoimai MI3 in the aliexpress sale this morning for 160 Euro. Delighted with that price. It's a Xmas present for the wife so fingers crossed I get it in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

irishbrain wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking to spend between €80-€120 on a phone that will comfortably 'do the job' when it comes to reading news and using twitter. I'd also like a big enough screen so that my fingers can type comfortably. I'm not bothered about the camera etc.

My problem is I don't have a clue where to start. Any suggestions for a good value phone from China?

Thanks.

Lot of people over on XDA Developers point to this phone as very good value for that price range. Only released in October as far as i know. Reviews here http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/elephone-g6-5-0-ips-screen-mt6592-1-t2885603. Also lollipop coming soon. http://www.gizchina.com/2014/11/07/elephone-ota-updates-coming-lollipop-will-come-asap/

Id actually go for this seller. Better reviews and orders.

I know its been said to death but personally id save the 40 extra quid and get a Moto G.

Could get caught for customs and end up paying that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Got a Xoimai MI3 in the aliexpress sale this morning for 160 Euro. Delighted with that price. It's a Xmas present for the wife so fingers crossed I get it in time.

16gb or 64gb one? Might just go for it myself now too here when it comes up next. seems to be great phone. Feck waiting for refund on my other one. Ye have a link to the seller ye got it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

one coming up now for 180 dollars, only 90 units though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hey all. Does anyone in this thread have any knowledge/experience of the Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro (K920)?

It looks to me like a dual sim Nexus 6 sized device.

Any thoughts?

Link:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_z2_pro-6396.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Is the Aliexpress sale worthwhile, saw some tablets (coming up) Onda V820 for 101usd but they are pretty much that price on other sites anyway ?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Hey all. Does anyone in this thread have any knowledge/experience of the Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro (K920)?

It looks to me like a dual sim Nexus 6 sized device.

Any thoughts?

Link:
    http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_z2_pro-6396.php
    Is this not very expensive?

mcg1987 wrote: »
    16gb or 64gb one? Might just go for it myself now too here when it comes up next. seems to be great phone. Feck waiting for refund on my other one. Ye have a link to the seller ye got it from?

Was the 16 16gb version. Worked out $100 cheaper today as it was a lighting deal and I had a few coupons. I'm on the phone at the minute so can't link but as I said it was a lightiso deal so probably gone at this stage,I was right on the ball at 8 this morning. I'll send you the link later when I get home. She's coming from a HTC wildfire so should be a great jump in performance for her as long as she doesn't ask what this cheap Chinese junk. She does love my Meizu mx3 so it should be ok.

mcg1987 wrote: »

Was the 16 16gb version. Worked out $100 cheaper today as it was a lighting deal and I had a few coupons. I'm on the phone at the minute so can't link but as I said it was a lightiso deal so probably gone at this stage,I was right on the ball at 8 this morning. I'll send you the link later when I get home. She's coming from a HTC wildfire so should be a great jump in performance for her as long as she doesn't ask what this cheap Chinese junk. She does love my Meizu mx3 so it should be ok.

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »
    Is this not very expensive?

Yeah, pretty dear alright, and I can't find it for sale cheap outside of India.
    It's 33k Rupees, which is about €430 on flipkart.com, but I don't think they deliver outside of India.

Prices are mental on aliexpress.com, some more than €1000 :pac:

Probably best to look for alternatives :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty dear alright, and I can't find it for sale cheap outside of India.
    It's 33k Rupees, which is about €430 on flipkart.com, but I don't think they deliver outside of India.

Prices are mental on aliexpress.com, some more than €1000 :pac:

Probably best to look for alternatives :D

What are your requirements, if your looking to spend close to 430 you'll get a great phone for that price

seannash wrote: »
    What are your requirements, if your looking to spend close to 430 you'll get a great phone for that price

TBH with you, I'm not really looking to buy this side of 2015, just seeing what's available for when I do change.

I have the nexus 5 at the moment and not really too excited about the nexus 6's pricing :D

I spotted that phone (lenovo) in an ad on here yesterday and went researching it. Thought I'd ask in this thread of Chinese made phones if anyone managed to get it as it's out since Sept :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Broken record time again but a 64 GB One Plus One can be had for €350 and it is very nearly the best phone available for any money, definitely the best battery anyway, buying anything else in that price range or going up to 400+ for a 32 GB equivalent is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Xiaomi sold phones worth $163 million in 12 hours today.

http://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-singles-days-sales-566079/

That's unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Is GPS an issue on Huawei phones with the Mediatek chipsets?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

Hi, I was wondering if you could get a decent smartphone for 100 euro with 720p or higher screen and 16gb of internal storage preferably 5 inches or below and 8mp camera? If not could you recommend the next best phone for the price? Need a quick reply as hoping to pull the trigger while the sales are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chivral

Anyone bought anything at the aliexpress sale yet? I am tempted to get something else even though I just got my Hongmi 1s today...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Chivral wrote: »
    Anyone bought anything at the aliexpress sale yet? I am tempted to get something else even though I just got my Hongmi 1s today...

Not gonna buy any phones this sale, but for those who are I think all aliexpress accounts have been given a $40 off $499. Would be a good time to buy a 64gb mi4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Hi, I was wondering if you could get a decent smartphone for 100 euro with 720p or higher screen and 16gb of internal storage preferably 5 inches or below and 8mp camera? If not could you recommend the next best phone for the price? Need a quick reply as hoping to pull the trigger while the sales are on.

Honor 3c Play is likely the cheapest phone with 16gb internal storage. Fits the rest of the specs too. Will be under 100 if you have some coupons

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement