Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Sold out and got a S4 with snapdragon processor, how much would I get for a nearly new Jiayu G4S octa core?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What was wrong with the G4S that you felt you had to buy a Samsung?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thargor wrote: »
    That question has been answered recently a couple of times in the last 10 pages Id say, you're fairly pushing it at €100 anyway imo, something will be lacking at that price point, the screen resolution usually...

I'm not too fussed, as long as it's at least a dual core with 1GB ram and the resolution is above 480 x 854 or whatever budget smartphones usually have. I was using the Alcatel Idol Mini One Touch and that I found that screen entirely fine, and that's 480x854.

I was thinking something like this maybe.

Where's a good place to buy within Europe? I can't seem to buy phones off Amazon for whatever reason, won't allow me with my IE address (I picked only prime sellers)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm not too fussed, as long as it's at least a dual core with 1GB ram and the resolution is above 480 x 854 or whatever budget smartphones usually have. I was using the Alcatel Idol Mini One Touch and that I found that screen entirely fine, and that's 480x854.

Where's a good place to buy within Europe? I can't seem to buy phones off Amazon for whatever reason, won't allow me with my IE address (I picked only prime sellers)

You can use a parcel motel for Amazon. Banggood.com, merimobiles.com and geekbuying.com are my 3 main sites, they all ship to Ireland. I got a Cubot S108 from geekbuying for 85 euro on free delivery, no customs. Got it for a mate and he's happy with it

What was wrong with the G4S that you felt you had to buy a Samsung?

Nothing, bigger better screen, better processor, plus signed up to a bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

what would you be willing to take for the g4s? might be interested at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Just a word of warning, that phone has 16gb storage but only 1gb is available for apps

that's easy to change with an app. as long as its got an mtk proxessor. on my phone so can't link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Nothing, bigger better screen, better processor, plus signed up to a bill.

Will it be showing up on Adverts ?

RossieMan wrote: »
    what would you be willing to take for the g4s? might be interested at the right price.

For a boardise 100 euro
    eamonnq wrote: »
    Will it be showing up on Adverts ?

Yup to be tortured with offers of swaps for alcatels etc :p

• Advertisement

very interested. what's the condition like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

For a boardise 100 euro

Yup to be tortured with offers of swaps for alcatels etc :p

Also interested if above poster doesnt take it! Where are you based?

RossieMan wrote: »
    very interested. what's the condition like?

Perfect condition tbh no scratches of anything
    Toobz wrote: »
    Also interested if above poster doesnt take it! Where are you based?

Tallaght :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

seannash wrote: »
    This could be the best bang for buck phone out there when its released.

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/09/04/hands-iuni-u3/

Gizchina seem a bit off on their price :eek:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-IUNI-U3-Mobile-Phone-4G-FDD-LTE-Qualcomm-Snapdragon801-Quad-Core-2-3GHz-5-5/2036472324.html

Sold out and got a S4 with snapdragon processor, how much would I get for a nearly new Jiayu G4S octa core?

You'll be back, they always come back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah Jaysus I need a new phone, takes me 10 minutes to get my G3 to start charging everyday, its like trying to get a baby to go to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mayogal2014

phone im getting got stuck at customs this morning sent on proof of purchase to dhl does anyone have any experience of how long it will take to clear from here?

phone im getting got stuck at customs this morning sent on proof of purchase to dhl does anyone have any experience of how long it will take to clear from here?

A few days normally.

Perfect condition tbh no scratches of anything

Tallaght :)

I'll drop you a PM.

Barr wrote: »
    You'll be back, they always come back :pac:

100% sure I will :) maybe after a year ill sell the S4 and get a decent spec Chinese :D

• Advertisement

100% sure I will :) maybe after a year ill sell the S4 and get a decent spec Chinese :D

We’ll probably all be running quad sims , 16 cores powered by snapdragon 1001 by then with 4k screens :D

Barr wrote: »
    We’ll probably all be running quad sims , 16 cores powered by snapdragon 1001 by then with 4k screens :D

All for a low price of 159.99.....30 customs :pac:

All for a low price of 159.99.....30 customs :pac:

And people still be recommending the Moto G :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

First a big thanks to everybody posting on this thread, big help in getting a dual sim phone to replace a work muck nokia and a very broken Samsung G (kept sending me left in Dublin last week)!

Was intending to spend more but availability/lack of dual sim/delivery times meant I just wanted a decent phone soonest! Used xiaomishop.com and ordered a RedMi 1S last Monday afternoon, phone by Thursday morning, came with chargers and adapters (binned) and a free case (likely to be binned), I ordered a blue textured flip case for a fiver and on suggestion from a video comparison of it and the Moto G, the tempered glass for another fiver.

Phone was much nicer than expected, good screen, snappy operation, well built but heavy (but adds to that well built feel), mate got the dual sim Moto G the same week, smaller, screen v good, camera a good bit worse, no sd card slot means I'm very happy with my choice for the money. So far I've had about 40% battery left when I plug it in at night.

The paid for case was on the wrong side of meh, adds a lot of bulk, awkward to use, no wake/sleep functionality. I think I'll take my chances on it going nakkid for the 160 I paid. The tempered glass I think was worth it, goes on easy, feels very tough, viewing angles and touch don't seem impacted, I think just it is enough to keep it protected for my use.

The Mi Skin is grand, came up in English play was pre-installed, will try a theme or two at some stage. Would love to have XDA type roms to try on it but not a chosen system, popularity in India might change that?

Might have gone for the new Moto G 2 if that had dropped last week but this will do fine for the next 6 months and I might go for a flagship device from china then cause there is some value to be had!

Hope that helps somebody else make their mind up on what to do!

You'll never have massive ROM support for Xaiomi based devices.

That's the joys of MIUI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Folks for the xiaomi mi3, is there a particular windscreen holder that people would recommend for car use, something that holds the phone snugly

Gorilla Glass 3 on the phone, is it durable enough to not have to use screen protectors

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi Folks for the xiaomi mi3, is there a particular windscreen holder that people would recommend for car use, something that holds the phone snugly

Gorilla Glass 3 on the phone, is it durable enough to not have to use screen protectors

Away with ye to your own Mi3 thread ........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057275344

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi really interested in getting a phone and seems like people are getting some great deals here! I'm hoping to spend approx €150 including delivery/customs etc but can push up to €200 if someone can convince me its worth it :D been looking for a while but just cant decide, what are your best recommendations?

KoA-Ollie wrote: »
    Hi really interested in getting a phone and seems like people are getting some great deals here! I'm hoping to spend approx €150 including delivery/customs etc but can push up to €200 if someone can convince me its worth it :D been looking for a while but just cant decide, what are your best recommendations?

http://www.coolicool.com/stock-in-europe-elephone-p2000-mtk6592-17ghz-octa-core-55-inch-hd-ips-screen-android-442-3g-smar-g-33837?currency=EUR

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Ah Jaysus I need a new phone, takes me 10 minutes to get my G3 to start charging everyday, its like trying to get a baby to go to sleep.

My elephone p8 is due in the post in the morn. Got a cheque for the postman ready after interception by rev and customs. Gonna total me €216.

If my 3 sim does not work in it, it will be for sale immediately. I cant move network unfortunately.

I already have one interested party. If anyone else wants to register interest, please pm me. All i want is what i paid for it in total. I also have a nice leather case i got off ebay for it to throw in for free.

http://www.etotalk.com/elephone-p8-android-44_p5400.html

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement