Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I dunno, my elephone p8 just says incompatible handset when i pop my 3 sim in sadly.

Its for sale now....

I'll swap you a 9 month old Neo N003 for it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

wiz569 wrote: »
    I'll swap you a 9 month old Neo N003 for it :)

Ermmm.....no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mayogal2014

9bred4 wrote: »
    Lads, I'm on 3 and want to get a phone where I can use snapchat and have a good camera and it isn't too hard to use. Budget can vary I just want ideas.
    Thanks!

Cubot brand works with three partner has one :) I'm getting a doogee delivered tomorrow ( missed the delivery guy today) will update on whether it will work, hoping so lol

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

Cubot brand works with three partner has one :) I'm getting a doogee delivered tomorrow ( missed the delivery guy today) will update on whether it will work, hoping so lol

Which doogee? If you have no joy with it on 3 I may take it off your hands if you decide to sell it, my neo n003 is on the blink so just expressing interest if you have no joy but hope it works out for you, goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bobby_D wrote: »
    Which doogee? If you have no joy with it on 3 I may take it off your hands if you decide to sell it, my neo n003 is on the blink so just expressing interest if you have no joy but hope it works out for you, goodluck

Neo on the blink? In what sense as I have one well actually 3 in the family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Anyone know any other chinese mobile distributors with warehouses in europe. I have the following two

http://www.coolicool.com/local-sale-c674.html

and

http://www.merimobiles.com/europe-warehouse/

I like the idea of no customs, so I know what I'm paying from the outset. Looking at phones for the kids for christmas. I saw the doogee voyager and the Elephone p6 which looked good but the Elephone is not available anymore on Merimobiles. They are only 9 and 11 so don't want to spend too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Anyone know any other chinese mobile distributors with warehouses in europe. I have the following two

and

I like the idea of no customs, so I know what I'm paying from the outset. Looking at phones for the kids for christmas. I saw the doogee voyager and the Elephone p6 which looked good but the Elephone is not available anymore on Merimobiles. They are only 9 and 11 so don't want to spend too much.

I would be inclined to order from Aliexpress, and take the chance that customs might not get it, (allow for it in your pricing though and you might make a saving).

Xiaomishop.com ship Xiaomi phones from EU, but it depends on your price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,366 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

and

You can get many chinese phones from Amazon.co.uk. I just ordered a Cubot S208 for the wife from Amazon.co.uk
    Some sellers don't ship to ireland, but if you try a few you can get one that ships from the UK to ireland, or you can use Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

dahat wrote: »
    Neo on the blink? In what sense as I have one well actually 3 in the family.
    The screen is cracked all over and the digitizer has a crack going from bottom right to half way up on the left with some ink bleeding (I think I'm saying that right but I'm sure you get the idea) other than that the phone is fine but screen is just getting on my nerves at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Could someone here with a redmi 1s weigh it? Weight on gsmarena says 158g but mine is 163g. Want to make sure mine is original as it did only cost 88 euro. CPU-Z shows correct info etc but still a bit doubtful for some reason :/

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    Could someone here with a redmi 1s weigh it? Weight on gsmarena says 158g but mine is 163g. Want to make sure mine is original as it did only cost 88 euro. CPU-Z shows correct info etc but still a bit doubtful for some reason :/

Great price, the young fella has his one, so could weigh that when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

That is cheap , where did you get it ?

It would make a great scond phone if I could get it at that price.

F1ngers wrote: »

I don't think that site is what you think it is.

GSM arena is a review site, you can't buy the phone from there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

eamonnq wrote: »
    I don't think that site is what you think it is.

GSM arena is a review site, you can't buy the phone from there.

Realised that - post deleted.

Barr wrote: »
    That is cheap , where did you get it ?

It would make a great scond phone if I could get it at that price.

Got it during an aliexpress sale for $135 but also used a $20 coupon code

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

Is the MEIZU MX4 any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

Could somebody out there who knows their stuff about these Chinese android clones tell me what they think of this deal on Aliexpress??

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-NEW-1-1-HDC-Waterproof-S5-G900-Phone-Octa-Core-MTK6592-I9600-Android-5-1/2010957499.html

tempted to order it today seems good for £114.

Octa Core with 2gb rom and 32 gb memory. camera etc and all features seem good just looking for right place to buy one on here just need a decent second phone and fancy one of these to see what they like.

Have bought herself an OPPO Find 7 recently which is amazing but I don't wanna spend that money on a second phone and my brother has got a Kingzone Turbo K1 or something like that and it's good too but no zoom on camera.

anyway what could I compare this way for example I'm wondering??

mcg1987 wrote: »
    Could somebody out there who knows their stuff about these Chinese android clones tell me what they think of this deal on Aliexpress??

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-NEW-1-1-HDC-Waterproof-S5-G900-Phone-Octa-Core-MTK6592-I9600-Android-5-1/2010957499.html

tempted to order it today seems good for £114.

Octa Core with 2gb rom and 32 gb memory. camera etc and all features seem good just looking for right place to buy one on here just need a decent second phone and fancy one of these to see what they like.

Have bought herself an OPPO Find 7 recently which is amazing but I don't wanna spend that money on a second phone and my brother has got a Kingzone Turbo K1 or something like that and it's good too but no zoom on camera.

anyway what could I compare this way for example I'm wondering??

Specs are pretty much certainly fake. Very common with the clone type phones.

Specs are pretty much certainly fake. Very common with the clone type phones.

recommend something around the same money?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

the screen on that fake s5 looks worse than some of the €80 euro phones.

I'd stick with a brand name phone rather than a clone, at least you know what you're getting.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »

I'd stick with a brand name phone rather than a clone, at least you know what you're getting.

screen looks fine to me anyway for all I'd be using it for. wouldn't be gaming or any of that sort of stuff.

yeah brand name like? I thought this whole thread was about phones like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

recommend something around the same money?
    Whilst most of the brands we talk about on here aren't well known in Europe the phone you listed is basically unknown everywhere. Nobody can really comment on the unknown brand phones. Go to a reseller site and look at phones in your price range from known Chinese manafacturers.

screen looks fine to me anyway for all I'd be using it for. wouldn't be gaming or any of that sort of stuff.

yeah brand name like? I thought this whole thread was about phones like this....

I think he is referring to 'Chinese' brand names, like Xiaomi, Jiayu, THL etc.

You would be better buying one of those rather than a phone that 'looks like' a Samsung.

It could still be a good phone (but I would not buy one), bit of info here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2761971

RossieMan wrote: »

You would be better buying one of those rather than a phone that 'looks like' a Samsung.

It could still be a good phone, bit of info here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-Original-Jiayu-G5S-MTK6592-Octa-Core-2-0Ghz-GPS-2GB-RAM-5-0-1920x1080/2029808129.html

Like that? even cheaper again....

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

It could still be a good phone (but I would not buy one), bit of info here:

It's not a HDC but actually a Bepa g900w as shown in the screenshots.

The real specs are mtk6582 ,1gb ram, 4gb rom, 1280x720 res. The phone is preloaded with a rigged version of Antutu and cpu-z to show false specs.

NO!! not from that seller anyway, see the feedback !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Good phone but seems a little cheap.
    Plus the seller has only 1 feedback on him. Id be wary

eurokev wrote: »

100% fake specs.
    seannash wrote: »
    Good phone but seems a little cheap.
    Plus the seller has only 1 feedback on him. Id be wary

Definitely one to avoid. It claims to be a jiayu g5s but looks completely different.

• Advertisement

100% fake specs.

Definitely one to avoid. It claims to be a jiayu g5s but looks completely different.

cheers. Any links to any sellers you'd recommend or any of these Jiayu g5s you think would be better? wanna order something asap now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement