Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone used Xiaomi.com to buy from says they have a Europe warehouse,so I'm looking at the m4 3g ram 64 g ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Discodog wrote: »
    I don't doubt that it's an excellent phone. It's MUIU that doesn't appeal. I would prefer unadulterated Kitkat.

Cyanogenmod 11 is available on the Mi3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Where do people order their phone chargers from if they don't trust the ones supplied from the Chinese supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I have a load of Sonys and Samsungs that people have left at my house over the years so it was never a problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

How about Lenovo? I was thinking about the 910.

I've gotten a Lenovo for a friend and it was partially Chinese, so I don't know, reviews may be in order

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

thebuzz wrote: »
    Where do people order their phone chargers from if they don't trust the ones supplied from the Chinese supplier?

You can buy them for a tenner in any of the phone shops.

Don't see why people will trust that the phone from China won't blow up, but wont trust the charger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks but I don't really want to be updating my phone all the time. I am not into rooting etc. I want a 5 or 5.5 inch phone that just works well with Android & Play apps, widgets etc.:)

Rooting it only involves going into security, permissions, root access and flicking a tab.
    You gave a choice if upgrading the Tom to the stable KitKat rom or development rom. If you go for the stable rom. You're fixed until KitKat updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

The Xiaomi Redmi 1S works out at about €160 delivered, is that still a good price for the phone you get? Was set on getting it at around €125 and then discovered delivery is €35, seems a bit steep for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

thebuzz wrote: »
    The Xiaomi Redmi 1S works out at about €160 delivered, is that still a good price for the phone you get? Was set on getting it at around €125 and then discovered delivery is €35, seems a bit steep for delivery.

If you're worried about the price just buy it from China. Xiaomishop are overpriced but you get it fast and no chance of customs. Typical price from China is 115 euro free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

spix wrote: »
    If you're worried about the price just buy it from China. Xiaomishop are overpriced but you get it fast and no chance of customs. Typical price from China is 115 euro free delivery.

but you do have to factor in that you may get caught for customs and that it will bring the price up (probably not up to 160 though, but close to 150) and you will have to wait several weeks. So you might save yourself 45euro or you might save yourself approx 10euro.

If you are not in a hurry I would order it from China!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Rooting it only involves going into security, permissions, root access and flicking a tab.
    You gave a choice if upgrading the Tom to the stable KitKat rom or development rom. If you go for the stable rom. You're fixed until KitKat updates.

I am surprised that the suppliers don't offer this option. I know that Etotalk provide their own rom but there are no reliable reviews as to whether it's any good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

MidlandsM wrote: »
    My elephone p8 is due in the post in the morn. Got a cheque for the postman ready after interception by rev and customs. Gonna total me €216.

If my 3 sim does not work in it, it will be for sale immediately. I cant move network unfortunately.

I already have one interested party. If anyone else wants to register interest, please pm me. All i want is what i paid for it in total. I also have a nice leather case i got off ebay for it to throw in for free.

http://www.etotalk.com/elephone-p8-android-44_p5400.html

Thanks

Ok, its arrived...and dissappointingly my 3 sim does not work in it......

Ohhh, well, pity...as its a nice phone.

So, as above, its now for sale. Please pm me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

I've gotten a Lenovo for a friend and it was partially Chinese, so I don't know, reviews may be in order

Hi , could you explain this a little further :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I am surprised that the suppliers don't offer this option. I know that Etotalk provide their own rom but there are no reliable reviews as to whether it's any good.

To be fair that's not what its about.

The phone comes rooted. there is just an option to turn on and off root privileges in the settings. Its a very pointless option really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

You can buy them for a tenner in any of the phone shops.

Don't see why people will trust that the phone from China won't blow up, but wont trust the charger!

Where do people think the ten euro chargers come from if not from China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Han534

Dont do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Han534 wrote: »
    Dont do it

what are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

RossieMan wrote: »
    what are you talking about?

don't do what donny don't does

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

FUD2FOv.png

The importance of a good front camera !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Lads, I'm on 3 and want to get a phone where I can use snapchat and have a good camera and it isn't too hard to use. Budget can vary I just want ideas.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Barr wrote: »
    Hi , could you explain this a little further :confused:

It was mainly the bloatware I think, but some of the stock apps were in Chinese, can't remember exactly

9bred4 wrote: »
    Lads, I'm on 3 and want to get a phone where I can use snapchat and have a good camera and it isn't too hard to use. Budget can vary I just want ideas.
    Thanks!

Don't think the Chinese phones work very well on 3 network

Is it just Elephone that does't work with 3.

Anyone hazard a guess why the 3 sim card is the only network that is affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭unaaine

My Xiaomi Mi3 works with my 3 SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have a Neo Noo3 and it works a treat on 3 network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

My Jiayu did.

I had a star phone that wouldn't work with 3. Had a tesco Sim in it with no problem.

Using a jiayu now on tesco and I've never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

9bred4 wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Purely as your looking for a front facing camera phone (not a huge fan of it if I'm honest)

http://www.thlmobilestore.com/thl-t100-smartphone-android-4-2-mtk6592-octa-core-5-3-inch-2gb-32gb.html

or the Nubia z7mini (I believe it has a good front camera)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I dunno, my elephone p8 just says incompatible handset when i pop my 3 sim in sadly.

Its for sale now....

• Advertisement

I had a star phone that wouldn't work with 3. Had a tesco Sim in it with no problem.

Using a jiayu now on tesco and I've never had a problem.

ZTE make star phones I think.

Wonder is the Nubia 7 screwed for anyone on the 3 network

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement