Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Anyone here deal with Bangood? Good/bad/cowboys or Ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

So I sold the elephone p8.

Might get a redmi note now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

accap1f8 wrote: »
    So I sold the elephone p8.

Might get a redmi note now

Did you lose much on it?

Did you lose much on it?

About €3 ha. Sold it for 200

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

About €3 ha. Sold it for 200

Deadly :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

how did ya sell it so quickly?

RossieMan wrote: »
    how did ya sell it so quickly?

Sister randomly asked how much my thl was. So then I said I have this brand new phone here. She used it all day yesterday and wants it now. Happy days

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Yes, they are recommended by the op here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82601627&postcount=1

@accap1f8, nice sale and quick too. Must be a nice phone to have sold so quick.
    Iv already had a pm of interest for my elep p8 if it dont work for me. Hoping that i dont have to sell it...really want it to work with my 3 sim...well will see.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Yes, they are recommended by the op here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82601627&postcount=1

@accap1f8, nice sale and quick too. Must be a nice phone to have sold so quick.
    Iv already had a pm of interest for my elep p8 if it dont work for me. Hoping that i dont have to sell it...really want it to work with my 3 sim...well will see.

Ya I had an offer from someone here as well. Should be easy to sell on. Its a great phone.

I'm guessing Xiaomi don't have a warehouse in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I use banggood regularly, good lads, never had an issue. Sell legit Xiaomi gear if that's a plus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I'm guessing Xiaomi don't have a warehouse in Europe?

Xiaomi don't but www.xiaomishop.com do. A few others and I have taken delivery of different models from them this week. Speaking for myself, can't fault them. You'll find price per unit and delivery cheaper elsewhere, but if you want to order a Redmi Note tonight and have it your hands by Wednesday lunchtime, with no effing about with customs, you should at least consider them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

corwill wrote: »
    Xiaomi don't but www.xiaomishop.com do. A few others and I have taken delivery of different models from them this week. Speaking for myself, can't fault them. You'll find price per unit and delivery cheaper elsewhere, but if you want to order a Redmi Note tonight and have it your hands by Wednesday lunchtime, with no effing about with customs, you should at least consider them.

+1 on xiaomishop.com

I ordered a Mi3 on Tuesday evening and got it thursday morning. Make sure to choose DHL EU Warehouse. The benefit of getting a Xiaomi is that you get to join our exclusive thread :D

Sounds good. I'll use them. Shipping is dear enough at €36.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Sounds good. I'll use them. Shipping is dear enough at €36.

I had issues with my order but they decided to ship from their warehouse in Italy on Thursday, it was delivered Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Got the redmi 1S on Friday, happy with the phone, much quicker than my last phone Samsung s2. I would usually buy a phone second hand for in and around a budget of 150-200. This time around I decided to go new and came across this thread, thought I'd give the 1S a shot.

I haven't rooted it yet, although I don't have any reason to do so at the minute.

The camera has a lot of settings to play around with and is very responsive.

It came packaged well and it feels well built.

One feature I like is under file explorer, at the touch of one button there is the option to start ftp server where it displays the IP to enter in your client to transfer files.

Thanks for this, mine should be on the way this week :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Thanks for this, mine should be on the way this week :cool:

They told me last week the 1S was not available until the 25th in their German warehouse, i had to inquire about the status. Depending what option you selected it maybe worth pinging them.

I was able to track the dhl movements and then watch the plane on flight radar winging its way to germany from italy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Currently looking for a new phone as my Huawei G300 is dying (no longer as new as my name suggests) Was thinking of the Moto G, as that is the price range I'm looking for, but having flicked through this thread the Redmi 1S is tempting me. Checked on GSM Arena and comparing the two, the Xiaomi seems as good if not a bit better. However, I'm not up to speed with the finer points of processors and the like.

Does the Redmi hold its own against the Moto G? I'd also look at other Chinese phones, but the EU warehouse is very attractive considering I'm not wanting to spend much more than €150-70

DeadSkin wrote: »
    They told me last week the 1S was not available until the 25th in their German warehouse, i had to inquire about the status. Depending what option you selected it maybe worth pinging them.

25th is tomorrow sure?

newg300 wrote: »
    Currently looking for a new phone as my Huawei G300 is dying (no longer as new as my name suggests) Was thinking of the Moto G, as that is the price range I'm looking for, but having flicked through this thread the Redmi 1S is tempting me. Checked on GSM Arena and comparing the two, the Xiaomi seems as good if not a bit better. However, I'm not up to speed with the finer points of processors and the like.

Does the Redmi hold its own against the Moto G? I'd also look at other Chinese phones, but the EU warehouse is very attractive considering I'm not wanting to spend much more than €150-70

I just bought it on Friday. I researched it a bit and compared to the Moto G it should be better.

It has the same processor model but clocked at a higher speed of 1.6ghz as opposed to the Moto G's 1.2ghz. Elsewhere they share the same screen resolution of 720p but the Moto G has slightly more pixels per inch but not enough for it to be noticable.

In terms of the camera which was the selling point of the 1S for me, the 1S has an 8mp rear camera, the same as an iPhone 5 whereas the Moto G has a grainy 5mp rear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Mi4 is in the country :D God willing it will be delivered later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

I just bought it on Friday. I researched it a bit and compared to the Moto G it should be better.

It has the same processor model but clocked at a higher speed of 1.6ghz as opposed to the Moto G's 1.2ghz. Elsewhere they share the same screen resolution of 720p but the Moto G has slightly more pixels per inch but not enough for it to be noticable.

In terms of the camera which was the selling point of the 1S for me, the 1S has an 8mp rear camera, the same as an iPhone 5 whereas the Moto G has a grainy 5mp rear.

Thanks for that.

Mi4 arrived today, charging it up now. Xiaomishop seem to have accidently undervalued the package, so customs charge was €23. Phone is nice solid build. Might be a little heavy for some but the weight feels nice to my hand. No problems with MIUI yet. Reviews mention freezes bug and crashes but not had any issues in the hour its been on. Early days I know. It came pre loaded with Google Play Store which is working grand now I've figured out how to disable the file size download limiter. So far so happy :)

fixxxer wrote: »
    Mi4 arrived today, charging it up now. Xiaomishop seem to have accidently undervalued the package, so customs charge was €23. Phone is nice solid build. Might be a little heavy for some but the weight feels nice to my hand. No problems with MIUI yet. Reviews mention freezes bug and crashes but not had any issues in the hour its been on. Early days I know. It came pre loaded with Google Play Store which is working grand now I've figured out how to disable the file size download limiter. So far so happy :)

What android version has it.

4.4.2 installed, no updates waiting. Next will probably be when MIUI 6 is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Well it's currently lower from last time I checked... link

€260.59 total including DHL
    No I understand its a reputable, unofficial distributor within EU.

Oops I had actually selected the wrong shipping method for my Mi3 from xiamishop.com should have selected (2-5 days Delivery by UPS DHL GLS, without customs issue) @€;36.48 but mistakenly selected normal DHL which is from China @€;25.00 so will probably have to pay customs now and wait longer. Just a heads up to others who might be buying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Oops I had actually selected the wrong shipping method for my Mi3 from xiamishop.com should have selected (2-5 days Delivery by UPS DHL GLS, without customs issue) @€;36.48 but mistakenly selected normal DHL which is from China @€;25.00 so will probably have to pay customs now and wait longer. Just a heads up to others who might be buying!

I done the same just contact them and tell them you want it shipped from EU warehouse,they will let you pay the difference through paypal :)

Did for me anyway m8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I mentioned this to you, did you contact them to try change it or not believe me ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

spix wrote: »
    Is that DHL from china?
    spix wrote: »
    I mentioned this to you, did you contact them to try change it or not believe me ? :P

Yeh egg on my face I didn't cop even when you mentioned, only dawned on me this morning, have emailed them, will see what happens, my fault anyway.

• Advertisement

I have a redmi tempered glass protector if anyone needs one.
    I ordered it instead of the one for a mi3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement