Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

spix wrote: »
    No you won't get playstore without it and they charge for shipping too.

Cheaper here, 100% comes with playstore and some free gifts

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/JIAYU-G4C-MTK6582-Quad-Core-WCDMA-Android-Smart-Mobile-Phone-4-7-Inch-HD-G4C-3000mAh/1087208413.html?s=p

Seriously, do you get commission from aliexexpress or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Too late, just bought Mi3 at reduced price! :pac:

Where and at what price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

RossieMan wrote: »
    Seriously, do you get commission from aliexexpress or something?

He asked if it will come with playstore from etotalk without their rom, I said no and linked to somewhere it does. Just so happens to be on aliexpress because that's where I buy from.

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://www.etotalk.com/lenovo-a8-a806_p6283.html

Think I found my NEXT phone.....

Are you sure it supports 4g in Ireland? It only has FDD bands 1 and 3 (1800/2100mhz). I recall reading somewhere that said Ireland mostly uses band 20 (800mhz) Don't take my word for it though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Where and at what price?

Well it's currently lower from last time I checked... link

€260.59 total including DHL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Anyone done the upgrade to 4.4 / KitKat on the Jiayu G4S?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Are you sure it supports 4g in Ireland? It only has FDD bands 1 and 3 (1800/2100mhz). I recall reading somewhere that said Ireland mostly uses band 20 (800mhz) Don't take my word for it though :P

3 Ireland uses 1800mhz. Meteor uses both 800mhz and 1800mhz, AFAIK.

Well it's currently lower from last time I checked... link

€260.59 total including DHL

Is that DHL from china?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,899 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That is tempting, what a price, if it was 5.5 Id be joining you...

Thargor wrote: »
    That is tempting, what a price, if it was 5.5 Id be joining you...

I'm pretty sure I suggested the Nubia Z7 Max farther up the thread to someone looking for a 4g 5.5"-er, might have been you, had you ruled it out? Just interested in what might have put you off it. For me, it was the screen size.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

nice, 4G and all.......

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

So I must get a Three micro sim for my elephone to see if that works. Would anyone know if carphone warehouse would be able do this or would I have to go to a Three store?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Is that DHL from china?

No I understand its a reputable, unofficial distributor within EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

accap1f8 wrote: »
    So I must get a Three micro sim for my elephone to see if that works. Would anyone know if carphone warehouse would be able do this or would I have to go to a Three store?

Go into car phone warehouse they'll more than likely cut your Sim down for you free of charge.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Go into car phone warehouse they'll more than likely cut your Sim down for you free of charge.

Thanks. Never realised they were just a cut down sim. Hopefully they'll have a sim cutter. What clown made them that size in the first place.

No I understand its a reputable, unofficial distributor within EU.

I think they only do EU shipping when you select that option at checkout. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I added the mi3 to my cart on that site and there is 4 shipping options.

1. EU warehouse $48
    2. DHL $32.90
    3. Standard $19
    4. EMS $47

"You can choose shipment from Shenzhen China, or EU Warehouse.
    The advantage of shipment from EU Warehouse is that members of European Union would enjoy customs duty free. Especially recommend customers from Greek, Spain, Italy, Germany, Bulgaria, and Croatia chooses shipment from EU Warehouse, to avoid high tax and customs issue. For EU Warehouse shipment service, we provide two kinds of service: EU Warehouse Airmail and EU Warehouse Express. The only difference of these two services is Delivery Time and Cost. EU Warehouse Airmail delivery time is around 4-12 business days via registered airmail service, EU Warehouse Express delivery time normally is around 2-5 business days via AIR UPS, DHL,or GLS."

corwill wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I suggested the Nubia Z7 Max farther up the thread to someone looking for a 4g 5.5"-er, might have been you, had you ruled it out? Just interested in what might have put you off it. For me, it was the screen size.
    Is it out yet? Yeah it was me you recomended it to but I couldnt find it for sale or even a final price, it was just preorders everywhere at suspiciously low prices that I assumed were just placeholders...

Hmmm, €350 on Merimobiles, pricey enough:

http://www.merimobiles.com/zte-nubia-z7-max-5-5-inch-1080p-full-hd-1920x1080px-qualcomm-snapdragon-801-32gb-rom-smartphone_p/meri10422.htm

Im going to wait, Id say there are 25% drops or more imminent for a lot of these phones.

Just got an email from aliexpress regarding the 166 euro 1+1 order, didn't even email them. Not bad service ;)

"Dear xxxxx"

AliExpress has checked the prices submitted by this seller for the 8.19 promotion and found mistakes in the prices. Hence order no. 63454015251xxx can not be processed. The system will process a full refund. We have punished the seller for this mistake and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

To reimburse you for your loss, we will send you a matching coupon with an extended time limit of 7 days.

AliExpress customer service team "

I think they only do EU shipping when you select that option at checkout. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's how it worked for me. I was trying to select a case that wasn't available from either of the EU warehouses at first, so I wasn't getting that shipping option, took a while for the penny to drop.

• Advertisement

http://www.merimobiles.com/zte-nubia-z7-max-5-5-inch-1080p-full-hd-1920x1080px-qualcomm-snapdragon-801-32gb-rom-smartphone_p/meri10422.htm

Im going to wait, Id say there are 25% drops or more imminent for a lot of these phones.

www.etotalk.com/nubia-z7-max-nx505j_p6211.html

Bit cheaper.

It's actually cheaper on merimobiles by at least $30 including shipping, maybe the price just changed? :/
    That's how it worked for me. I was trying to select a case that wasn't available from either of the EU warehouses at first, so I wasn't getting that shipping option, took a while for the penny to drop.

So basically, he should try cancel it or change to eu shipping. If that's DHL from China, the phone is more expensive than normal and possibly higher custom fees too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Why do you think there will be such a price drop ?

It happened with the dual core generation, just a guess on my part but there will be 3 GB octacores everywhere on the run up to Christmas and everything will most likely be 4G from now on so these early ones should drop, same as happens with all tech really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've opened up a Xioami Mi3 thread. Please keep it related to modifying, fixing problems and technical stuff etc

I suggest general chat about phones and where to buy etc be kept here.
    If anyone thinks differently please let me know.

It's actually cheaper on merimobiles by at least $30 including shipping, maybe the price just changed? :/

Nah, Thargor and I both just mixing up dollars and euros.
    So basically, he should try cancel it or change to eu shipping. If that's DHL from China, the phone is more expensive than normal and possibly higher custom fees too.

If it hasn't shipped yet, probably the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Just ordered the Xiaomi Redmi 1S from http://www.xiaomishop.com/. Was €161 incl shipping from Europe.

Will keep you all updated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Three micro sim won't work on the elephone p8 either. So anyone getting the phone it looks like we can't be on three. This sucks big time. Don't know what to do now.

• Advertisement

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Three micro sim won't work on the elephone p8 either. So anyone getting the phone it looks like we can't be on three. This sucks big time. Don't know what to do now.

Did they cut the sim or get a new one? Because it could be a problem with the sim itself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement