Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Ya bit of a problem alright. Hopefully its just my phone.

Does the sim that works connect to 3g or just 2g? Try it with wcdma only selected. If it doesn't connect its likely a problem with the phone and 3g. If it does then I have no idea unless 3 are blocking chinese phones :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Also this is strange. When you go to Sim management it will show my phone number in my thl. In the elephone it shows a different number and won't let me change it.

Wonder is it unlocked??

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

spix wrote: »
    Does the sim that works connect to 3g or just 2g? Try it with wcdma only selected. If it doesn't connect its likely a problem with the phone and 3g. If it does then I have no idea unless 3 are blocking chinese phones :confused:

With manual selection it shows 2g and 3g options. Sister is using it now with meteor. No problems at all with that. 3g was working fine with that. So I'll either sell it or just switch to meteor. I'll just have to get over the 15gb allowance from 3

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Wonder is it unlocked??

Works on o2 and meteor so it definitely is

Works on o2 and meteor so it definitely is

Geeeezzzzz, what a ballache....wish i could cancel my order but its in the post....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Geeeezzzzz, what a ballache....wish i could cancel my order but its in the post....:rolleyes:

Could be a one off. Bit of a sickener but not the end of the world. Great phone otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Could be a one off. Bit of a sickener but not the end of the world. Great phone otherwise.

I still think that you might of missed something in the settings. Have you contacted Elephone ? I wouldn't make a decision until someone else gets one so that you can tell if it's a Three or Elephone issue.

Discodog wrote: »
    I still think that you might of missed something in the settings. Have you contacted Elephone ? I wouldn't make a decision until someone else gets one so that you can tell if it's a Three or Elephone issue.

Don't think I missed anything in the settings but I wouldn't be much of a tech head. Won't look at it for the rest of the day. Off to the pub. Thanks for the help lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why are you manually selecting the network?
    that usually makes a balls of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

corwill wrote: »
    Battery is a bit meh, though.
    I dont know why people are so obsessed with battery size. Most phones will get you through the day and only need a charge at night.
    But if its a priority for work or something then yea maybe so.

I think for the money its the best phone out there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

seannash wrote: »
    I dont know why people are so obsessed with battery size. Most phones will get you through the day and only need a charge at night.
    But if its a priority for work or something then yea maybe so.

I think for the money its the best phone out there at the moment.

I dont think the specs on that phone are correct and it would put me straight off. On the link posted it says the GPU is Adreno 430.

Think the phone is Qualcomm 801 2Ghz Quad with Adreno 330

There is no detailed specs on the camera and I cannot find any independent reviews.

What would be the final price Price+Shipping+Customs?

I would say you would be closing in on 300.

Definitely not the best value out there.

I came across all in price for mi3 for 217 and all in price for oneplus 287. They are both better value

jodaw wrote: »
    I dont think the specs on that phone are correct and it would put me straight off. On the link posted it says the GPU is Adreno 430.

Think the phone is Qualcomm 801 2Ghz Quad with Adreno 330

There is no detailed specs on the camera and I cannot find any independent reviews.

What would be the final price Price+Shipping+Customs?

I would say you would be closing in on 300.

Definitely not the best value out there.

I came across all in price for mi3 for 217 and all in price for oneplus 287. They are both better value

I'd say the MI3 is probably up there with it alright but I personally think its not a nice looking phone (Personal preference)
    The specs are well documented for the mini.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z7_mini-6492.php

Not sure if its a good site but you can get it on deals prime all in for 233 euros with the free shipping option or you can get DHL for 244 euros

Its got slightly better specs than the MI3 and is 4G compatible and I believe the camera is better (Could be wrong)
    I think its a great phone for the price and I think it looks just as nice as the OPO.
    But hey its just my opinion :)

I'd say the MI3 is probably up there with it alright but I personally think its not a nice looking phone (Personal preference)
    The specs are well documented for the mini.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_nubia_z7_mini-6492.php

Not sure if its a good site but you can get it on deals prime all in for 233 euros with the free shipping option or you can get DHL for 244 euros

Its got slightly better specs than the MI3 and is 4G compatible and I believe the camera is better (Could be wrong)
    I think its a great phone for the price and I think it looks just as nice as the OPO.
    But hey its just my opinion :)

Here is more conflicting info on specs:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/ZTEs-top-shelf-Nubia-Z7-and-Z7-mini-pass-certification-listing-the-mini-with-5-1080p-display-and-2-GHz-CPU_id57821

from there

"It's been given the green light by the regulator already, and some interesting tidbits about the actual specs have leaked out as a result. The "mini" is actually with a 5" display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. Moreover, the ZTE Nubia NX507J sports a 2 GHz quad-core processor, 2 GB of RAM, 8 MP rear and 5 MP frontal camera. The internal storage is pegged at 16 GB, but this can be expanded via a microSD card."

Also the seller you linked to is advertising the phone as Adreno 430.

- I cannot find what components and sensors are used in the camera. Is it 13mp or 8mp. But the mp alone does not indicate the quality.
    - What type of display is it? IPS?
    - The battery is low capacity as other users have said.

All in all the specs are different everywhere i look. The only reviews i can find are from resellers.

I would chose the Xiaomi or Oneplus over it any day of the week.

Much more info and reviews out there on user interface, camera/lense structure etc..

I would steer clear of it.

I was going to go ahead and buy this today

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi3-3g-16gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

But out of stock now since i hesitated on pulling the trigger.

jodaw wrote: »
    Here is more conflicting info on specs:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/ZTEs-top-shelf-Nubia-Z7-and-Z7-mini-pass-certification-listing-the-mini-with-5-1080p-display-and-2-GHz-CPU_id57821

from there

"It's been given the green light by the regulator already, and some interesting tidbits about the actual specs have leaked out as a result. The "mini" is actually with a 5" display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. Moreover, the ZTE Nubia NX507J sports a 2 GHz quad-core processor, 2 GB of RAM, 8 MP rear and 5 MP frontal camera. The internal storage is pegged at 16 GB, but this can be expanded via a microSD card."

Also the seller you linked to is advertising the phone as Adreno 430.

- I cannot find what components and sensors are used in the camera. Is it 13mp or 8mp. But the mp alone does not indicate the quality.
    - What type of display is it? IPS?
    - The battery is low capacity as other users have said.

All in all the specs are different everywhere i look. The only reviews i can find are from resellers.

I would chose the Xiaomi or Oneplus over it any day of the week.

Much more info and reviews out there on user interface, camera/lense structure etc..

I would steer clear of it.

I was going to go ahead and buy this today

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi3-3g-16gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

But out of stock now since i hesitated on pulling the trigger.

Camera is
    • 13MP Sony Exmor BSI CMOS Sensor
    • F2.0 Aperture
    GSMARENA is pretty much the authority on specs so I would go with what they have published.They are not a seller

Lets not muddy the waters here, the link you posted was from before the phone was released and the camera seems to have had an increase in the megapixels dept. since then.

I think this is a decent review of the specs and it details the camera aswell.

http://droidcn.blogspot.ie/2014/07/zte-nubia-z7-mini-review.html

It also has corning gorrilla glass 3 protection,dual sim,sd slot.

Nubia are a pretty reputable company by all accounts too
    Again this is just my opinion.

Thanks for that. A good review of the phone.

Processor is an underclocked 801 and camera is same spec as in the oneplus one. Nice enough phone with good specs.

Much would depend on what the final price of the phone to include customs and delivery and personal preference of course.

I found a post on XDA where someone else has a problem with Three on the P8. I have posted it as the language is rather broken English. There is also a problem with the power leads breaking. Apparently the board moves when the charger is plugged in & out which causes a breakage.

"guys i have a problem
    I just received this p8
    but I have a problem with the sim 3 " italy network operator "
    I discovered that the code imei used dates back to a 2G phone
    and then the third I do not authentic on the network
    I labored December hange the imei to solve the problem
    but following the various guides I can not
    I get an error that says:

this command is not allowed in userbuild

I tried to make the root
    but the problem does not change
    how can I fix it? "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Steer well clear of Dealsprime (aka Chinagrabber, IG8, Gadgetgreats and a few other names!!).

eamonnq wrote: »
    Steer well clear of Dealsprime (aka Chinagrabber, IG8, Gadgetgreats and a few other names!!).
    Oh I'm not buying from them, that was just one website I picked at random
    Merimobiles do it for 236 Euros and I believe they offer free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

221 euro from eternal team. DHL only 4 euro extra

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZTE-Nubia-Z7-mini-lte-4G-FDD-smart-phone-Qualcomm-MSM8974AA-2-0GHz-5-0-FHD/1964357236.html#
    Thargor wrote: »
    Id love a Mi3 or Note but Im still holding for a decent 4G 5.5 incher, please dont hesitate to post if you see one.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Coolpad-K1-7620L-4G-FDD-LTE-5-5-Qualcomm-MSM8926-Quad-Core-Mobile-Phone-Android/1881415860.html

Specs are a bit meh but decent for the price considering it has 4g

I found a post on XDA where someone else has a problem with Three on the P8. I have posted it as the language is rather broken English. There is also a problem with the power leads breaking. Apparently the board moves when the charger is plugged in & out which causes a breakage.

"guys i have a problem
    I just received this p8
    but I have a problem with the sim 3 " italy network operator "
    I discovered that the code imei used dates back to a 2G phone
    and then the third I do not authentic on the network
    I labored December hange the imei to solve the problem
    but following the various guides I can not
    I get an error that says:

this command is not allowed in userbuild

I tried to make the root
    but the problem does not change
    how can I fix it? "

Did he get it resolved?

• Advertisement

Did he get it resolved?

Doesn't look like it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

have you tried setting it to roaming and picking the 02 network?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Seems a lot of effort I would just change network :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Any of you guys who got the Mi3,can you check camera options to see if you have some kind of scene settings option i.e. night mode,portrait,sports,landscape etc etc

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

wiz569 wrote: »
    Any of you guys who got the Mi3,can you check camera options to see if you have some kind of scene settings option i.e. night mode,portrait,sports,landscape etc etc

Cheers

No sign of those specific settings that I've seen so far.

wiz569 wrote: »

Cheers

I use this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.almalence.opencam&hl=en

It even has a nice widget that let's you launch the camera in any mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

corwill wrote: »
    No sign of those specific settings that I've seen so far.

She insists they were there yesterday but have disappeared now,there is mention of them on the MIUI forum,but I have flashed about 5 roms this morning and nada :(
    I use this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.almalence.opencam&hl=en

It even has a nice widget that let's you launch the camera in any mode.

Will try this now m8 thanks

Seems a lot of effort I would just change network :pac:

Not that simple in my case. Im with three for a reason, because im the the uk a lot on business, and three are the only sp with free data roaming for me. They dropped my bill bill by €45 pm...

i cant justify switching network...if my eleponep8 dont work on my 3 sim, it will be sold on immediately....sadly , as i really fancied it. I hope it will be ok all the same, who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Not that simple in my case. Im with three for a reason, because im the the uk a lot on business, and three are the only sp with free data roaming for me. They dropped my bill bill by €45 pm...

i cant justify switching network...if my eleponep8 dont work on my 3 sim, it will be sold on immediately....sadly , as i really fancied it. I hope it will be ok all the same, who knows

Well thats just pure annoying for you, nothing worse when you look forward to something and that happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Got the redmi 1S on Friday, happy with the phone, much quicker than my last phone Samsung s2. I would usually buy a phone second hand for in and around a budget of 150-200. This time around I decided to go new and came across this thread, thought I'd give the 1S a shot.

I haven't rooted it yet, although I don't have any reason to do so at the minute.

The camera has a lot of settings to play around with and is very responsive.

It came packaged well and it feels well built.

One feature I like is under file explorer, at the touch of one button there is the option to start ftp server where it displays the IP to enter in your client to transfer files.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement