Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Can you explain ?

There is a window to the left of the photo button which shows the image just taken but when I press it nothing happens.

Check the camera settings to see where its being saved, have you got a SD card in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Ya I know. It's just when it's slow moving. I'll get over that easily if I can get a Sim working. Got a 48 Sim to work. Very strange. Must get a mmicro Sim at the weekend

Ok. So at least you know the sim works now.

Hows the audio? Speakers? Make any calls? If so, whats the clarity like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Check the camera settings to see where its being saved, have you got a SD card in?

It doesnt have a storage card.
    I got it resolved by doing a factory reset which left the apps installed. It gives the option to delete apps as well.
    Camera rolls is working and has my earlier photos. I assume something I did blocked it.

thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

this thread has exploded over the last few days.

*explosion is not chinese phone related, it was just a figure of speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RossieMan wrote: »

Might be no harm to open a standalone Xiaomi thread. I'd do it, but it'll be a few days before I could do a proper OP justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Ok. So at least you know the sim works now.

Hows the audio? Speakers? Make any calls? If so, whats the clarity like?

Didn't make any calls yet. Audio was very good when watching netlix. It does seem a high quality phone overall. Back using my 4.5 inch and it seems tiny now haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ah i don't think a xiaomi thread is needed just yet. Only 4-5 people have the phone. You just all seem to have bought it at the same time.

Its good to see reviews for it though. keep them coming.

The only pity about the Mi3 is the complete lack of ROM's available for it. Think its a ridiculous move by xiaomi to have no developer support.

ah i don't think a xiaomi thread is needed just yet. Only 4-5 people have the phone. You just all seem to have bought it at the same time.

The only pity about the Mi3 is the complete lack of ROM's available for it. Think its a ridiculous move by xiaomi to have no developer support.

Its comes with a developer ROM and can be rooted at the flick of a button.

According to the XDA forum there will be a proper rom in a few weeks.
    It has a sub forum for Mi3's which is just getting going.

There is also a beta of MiU 6 available

Any what do you mean "ONLY" 4-5 people....we are the centre of our universe and very proud of our new toys. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

I should never have come to this thread. I'm spoiled for choice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Will the XiaoMi Mi4 that's coming soon support Irish 4G?

What's the safest place to get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Setting up a Xiaomi thread is like creating a break off religion......There will be war :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Xiaomi's business model is to sell phones at close to cost price, and then make money via themes, apps, etc. through their MiUI store.

That being said, this week somebody finally got Cyanogenmod 11 working on the Mi3, very early stages though.

Hugo Barra let slip in a recent interview that Xiaomi might be releasing kernel source code at the end of the year, which would be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

DeadSkin wrote: »
    They have now kindly agreed to ship it from their EU warehouse.
    corwill wrote: »
    At original delivery price?
    Yes. It was only 4 Euro difference, but what pi$$ed me off was it was available to ship from the German warehouse even though they had no stock.
    My mi3 arrived and is on charge upstairs. It came with a 2 pin plug. I'll report back later when I get to play with it.
    Super fast delivery. Only ordered on Tuesday evening.

Since xiaomishop kindly agreed to ship the phone from their EU warehouse yesterday, I checked DHL tracking this morning, Trieste Italy --> Venice Italy --> Leipzig Germany --> Midlands UK --> Shannon Ireland as of an hour ago. What are the chances of getting it today :pac:

Setting up a Xiaomi thread is like creating a break off religion......There will be war :P

We'd be more like Manchurian candidates: "Xiaomi Mi3 is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful smart phone I've ever known in my life."

That reads like aliexpress feedback, actually.

Since xiaomishop kindly agreed to ship the phone from their EU warehouse yesterday, I checked DHL tracking this morning, Trieste Italy --> Venice Italy --> Leipzig Germany --> Midlands UK --> Shannon Ireland as of an hour ago. What are the chances of getting it today :pac:

Pretty good, I'd say. Do dhl deliver on Saturdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Word has gotten out **the moto G thread is now deserted** :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Online shipment tracking is a modern day torture. Checked online and found my package has been bouncing around south east Asia. Finally at 6am this morning it flew out of Hong Kong.

F5... sad face F5... sad face F5... sad face F5...

Etotalk are now doing free shipping of the Lenovo K910 & $5 off with a code from their facebook if anyone was thinking of this fine phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,899 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id love a Mi3 or Note but Im still holding for a decent 4G 5.5 incher, please dont hesitate to post if you see one.

I wonder what a 7 inch phone would be like in day-to-day use?

http://www.merimobiles.com/mlais-m81-7-inch-mtk6592-1-7g-octa-core-corning-gorilla-glass-phablet_p/meri10423.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

I second the gushing over the Mi3. Very happy customer. Thread imminent. Look, we can either make our own thread, or hijack this one :P

• Advertisement

19543261 wrote: »
    I second the gushing over the Mi3. Very happy customer. Thread imminent. Look, we can either make our own thread, or hijack this one :P

Shame it is not dual sim :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

corwill wrote: »
    Pretty good, I'd say. Do dhl deliver on Saturdays?

Delivered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

19543261 wrote: »
    Look, we can either make our own thread, or hijack this one :P

If people are posting about a phone that they got they could consider including the model number in the post (preferably in the title) so that everyone would know which one they are referring to without having to search back through previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Also agree to new thread for Xiaomi phones, while only a handful of users might have them, I think there's much more watching this thread, with the intention of buying an Xiamoi, myself included! They're gonna be a massive player soon.
    Any what do you mean "ONLY" 4-5 people....we are the centre of our universe and very proud of our new toys. :D

I was on xda and was told the version of Android on the mi3 dated to March. V..4.3

Can someone give me a foolproof link to updating it?

I've a better suggestion on setting up a thread. Why don't us xiaomi users stay here and everyone else get a new thread. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

So....In the market for a phone....thinking of the jiayu g4s at the moment, and looking for advice from anyone with one, or suggestions for simular priced alternatives, or any other expert Advice!

Best price I can see is etotalk bat c . 190 dollars. Am I likely to get hit for customs on this ? Also, do I need to buy the custom rom, or what will it bring to the party? Will i det play store etc without It?

So....In the market for a phone....thinking of the jiayu g4s at the moment, and looking for advice from anyone with one, or suggestions for simular priced alternatives, or any other expert Advice!

Best price I can see is etotalk bat c . 190 dollars. Am I likely to get hit for customs on this ? Also, do I need to buy the custom rom, or what will it bring to the party? Will i det play store etc without It?

What about an Mi3 ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

No you won't get playstore without it and they charge for shipping too.

Cheaper here, 100% comes with playstore and some free gifts

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/JIAYU-G4C-MTK6582-Quad-Core-WCDMA-Android-Smart-Mobile-Phone-4-7-Inch-HD-G4C-3000mAh/1087208413.html?s=p

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

I think there's much more watching this thread, with the intention of buying an Xiamoi, myself included!

Too late, just bought Mi3 at reduced price! :pac:

• Advertisement

http://www.etotalk.com/lenovo-a8-a806_p6283.html

Think I found my NEXT phone.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement