Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

eamonnq wrote: »
    Where did you buy the phone (that you have coming) from ?

Its coming from Pandawill, I had ordered it before I received my Redmi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Its coming from Pandawill, I had ordered it before I received my Redmi.

And do you have to return the Redmi ?:eek:

What is the problem with it ?

And do you have to return the Redmi ?:eek:

What is the problem with it ?

They wouldn't let me return it, refused to give me an RMA.
    The screen was dim on one half of the panel, very strange.
    I ended up selling it on to someone who knew how to replace the screen, at a small loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Colemania wrote: »
    Ok I've thought long and hard about it and i've decided that my next phone will be the Mi3! I have loads of questions about it so if anyone knows a lot about the phone or even owns one, could they PM me please?

Also, where would be the best place to buy it taking customs and delivery charges into account?

You might hold fire as suggested already until tomorrow

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/07/21/xiaomi-mi3s-spotted-gfx-bench-page/

The item cost €66 incl. postage, how much customs would I need to pay? do I pay it to the postman on the doorstep?

What you will pay is VAT @ 23% (plus a handling charge). So about 20euro should cover it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

They wouldn't let me return it, refused to give me an RMA.
    The screen was dim on one half of the panel, very strange.
    I ended up selling it on to someone who knew how to replace the screen, at a small loss.

Could you not open a paypal dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

seannash wrote: »
    You might hold fire as suggested already until tomorrow

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/07/21/xiaomi-mi3s-spotted-gfx-bench-page/

F**k those specs on the Mi 3S look class. I thought it was just the Mi 4 that was being announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Was out for pints over the weekend and my mates were amazed with my phone.The usual couple of Apple fanboys were wondering at the make,if it's not a big name brand then in their opinion its "no good".
    Spec wise it's ahead of the iPhone and costs a damn sight less,but brand snobs won't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

zerks wrote: »
    Was out for pints over the weekend and my mates were amazed with my phone.The usual couple of Apple fanboys were wondering at the make,if it's not a big name brand then in their opinion its "no good".
    Spec wise it's ahead of the iPhone and costs a damn sight less,but brand snobs won't care.

Which phone do you have? The mi3?

Don't care about brands myself, as long as it performs well and has no major issues with it, it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't spend too much on it though for the fear of something going wrong and there being problems with fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Meh you lost at me at apple fanboys . They buy a phone because of effective marketing and nothing else .

• Advertisement

Just give them a microSD card to insert into their phone!

Could you not open a paypal dispute.

I did, but ended up closing it due to the fact that PayPal (obviously) wanted me to return it, but tracked shipping was nearly 30 euro back to Singapore, and Pandawill said they would also not cover return shipping, and wanted a 20% depreciation fee also! :mad: :rolleyes:

I did, but ended up closing it due to the fact that PayPal (obviously) wanted me to return it, but tracked shipping was nearly 30 euro back to Singapore, and Pandawill said they would also not cover return shipping, and wanted a 20% depreciation fee also! :mad: :rolleyes:

Surely Pandawills refusal to accept a return would make paypal stand up and say well this is dodge.

Surely Pandawills refusal to accept a return would make paypal stand up and say well this is dodge.

They would still need me to return the phone though wouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wouldn't of had this much trouble with a Moto G :pac::pac::pac:

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Wouldn't of had this much trouble with a Moto G :pac::pac::pac:

The Moto G...... The Official 2014 Boards.ie Phone. :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The Moto G...... The Official 2014 Boards.ie Phone. :pac: :D
    They're a great phone for the money tbh.

They would still need me to return the phone though wouldn't they?

Of course but if paypal threaten a full refund to you it could force their hand, at least its been sold how much of a loss did you take?

Of course but if paypal threaten a full refund to you it could force their hand, at least its been sold how much of a loss did you take?

Not too much of a loss to be fair, about €20.

Not too much of a loss to be fair, about €20.

Effort > €20

You made the right choice :pac:

• Advertisement

Specs comparison is pointless with an iPhone.iphones os doesn't need the power that android does.

seannash wrote: »
    Specs comparison is pointless with an iPhone.iphones os doesn't need the power that android does.
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They're a great phone for the money tbh.

Do you think so ? :D

Do you think so ? :D
    Not really sure what your asking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

satguy wrote: »
    I just ordered one of these from Etotalk ..

Elephone P7 Blade Quad Core 1.3GHz Dual Sim 5.5 inch ( 2.0MP on front and 8.0MP on the back camera)

I got the addon protective bigger leather case,, youtube ,, facebook,, and their Etotalk Mod Rom..
    OH,, and the DHL thing ,, whatever that is..
    Shipping Method:
    DHL CN (To IE)

Full Cost = €131.51

It looks really nice, and I hope it will be OK...

I got mine today, it only took 4 days to get here. It looks great, and I will see if my son might do some kinda video so others can see what these phones look like.

My phone is still showing as Item Received at Dublin Mail Centre, updated yesterday afternoon. should it be with me in Cork tomorrow?

Any move on it yet ? Mine is stuck there also, am assuming customs are taking a look.

Any move on it yet ? Mine is stuck there also, am assuming customs are taking a look.

Its still stuck there since 1 o'clock Saturday. Annoying!!

Colemania wrote: »
    F**k those specs on the Mi 3S look class. I thought it was just the Mi 4 that was being announced!

Pretty similar specs to the Mi3S.

It'll all come down to the price I guess

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_announces_the_mi_4_in_china-news-9102.php

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Xiaomi have launched the Mi4 today.

Qualcomm 801 quad-core 2.5 GHz (Same as LG G3 and HTC One M8)
    3 GB DDR3 ram (More than HTC One M8 and Samsung S5)
    5 inch Sharp/JDI 1080p OGS screen (Same resolution as all the major flagships bar the LGG3, need more info as to what type of panel is used)
    3080 mAh battery (HTC One M8 is 2600 mAh, Samsung S5 is 2800mAh)
    13MP rear camera, f1.8, real-time HDR, 4K video recording (Sony IMX214)
    8MP front camera, f1.8, 80-degree wide angle (Sony IMX219)
    Global 4G connectivity

Quick-charging (Similar to Oppo Find 7)
    Customizable back-covers - bamboo, wood, etc. (Similar to One Plus One)

Slightly disappointed with the specs, was expecting Quad HD screen, possibly 5.5 inch too.
    Design obviously has similarities to iPhone but you can't doubt the build quality in amazing.

Priced in China at €240 for 16 GB version, €300 for 64 GB

Pictures here: http://en.miui.com/thread-29386-1-1.html

• Advertisement

pauleoin wrote: »

Looks great some very good specs there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement