Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Khannie wrote: »
    Surely a sign that the G5S one is on the way though.

How do you find the battery life with the G5S? I'm flip flopping between buying it and a G4S (I'm passing on my G4 advanced).

The g5s is beautiful. Full metal body, feels solid. I have owned both and would rather the g5s although the g4s has a lot better battery and is approximately 30 euro cheaper. Depends what you want really as they are the same phone really. Besides the above :-P.

At the moment my g5s with moderate use gets a day and a bit. That's with the standard 2000mAh battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Colemania wrote: »
    Have the opportunity to get a LG G2 32gb over the weekend but was recommended on here to get the Mi3 or even wait to see what the Mi4 is priced at next week.

Which phone is the better performer and which phone is more value for money? Lets just say a new Mi3 is around €200 and a used LG G2 is just under €300.

Well, anyone know which one I should go for or even another Chinese phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Sam Mac wrote: »
    did you get your Star S4 yet?

No, not yet, got my T200 though !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Well, anyone know which one I should go for or even another Chinese phone?

Wait for the Mi4 Atleast, and see then. There is an invite thread for the One PlusOne here on boards if that would entice you either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

eamonnq wrote: »
    No, not yet, got my T200 though !! :D

Any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

The Nubia Z7 mini and max are now available from Etotalk. Both look decent.

the mini is €237

http://www.etotalk.com/nubia-z7-mini-4g-lte_p6210.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just wondering if it's safe to try rooting this and sticking cryanogenmod on it?

http://www.pandawill.com/wmcc-x5-smartphone-android-42-mtk6589-quad-core-50-inch-hd-screen-3g-white-p88474.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Barr wrote: »
    The Nubia Z7 mini and max are now available from Etotalk. Both look decent.

the mini is €237

http://www.etotalk.com/nubia-z7-mini-4g-lte_p6210.html

Limited 4g support for ireland (band 3) but if that's not a deal breaker then it looks like a decent option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

My Star.S4 is currently in the Dublin Mail Center, so should be with me Monday. Hoping there will be no customs charges!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Limited 4g support for ireland (band 3) but if that's not a deal breaker then it looks like a decent option.

I dont recall seeing any other dual sim phones that support 4g

Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

abarkie wrote: »
    I dont recall seeing any other dual sim phones that support 4g

Am I wrong?

I am across this one recently

http://www.etotalk.com/huawei-p7l00_p5584.html

Ok I've thought long and hard about it and i've decided that my next phone will be the Mi3! I have loads of questions about it so if anyone knows a lot about the phone or even owns one, could they PM me please?

Also, where would be the best place to buy it taking customs and delivery charges into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ok I've thought long and hard about it and i've decided that my next phone will be the Mi3! I have loads of questions about it so if anyone knows a lot about the phone or even owns one, could they PM me please?

Also, where would be the best place to buy it taking customs and delivery charges into account?

Would appreciate any other info myself. Pretty much 100% that I'll be buying this for my wife once the mi4 launches as I think it'll be a little too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Any of the main stores will be good. Mixeshop, pandawill, chinapallmall. Etc will all have it on stock I'd imagine.

Can't see it dropping in price anymore really, its already a very good price for the spec you receive. Have a look at the lenovo k910 for a very similarly speced phone with a 5.5 inch screen.

No easy way around customs anymore, its all a game of luck. From what I've seen, dhl is more likely than the other methods to get caught for customs. It is however, much more reliable and faster than the other methods.

My phone is still showing as Item Received at Dublin Mail Centre, updated yesterday afternoon. should it be with me in Cork tomorrow?

Depending on whats going on with customs. I'd say it'd be more likely to arrive Tuesday.

RossieMan wrote: »
    No easy way around customs anymore, its all a game of luck. From what I've seen, dhl is more likely than the other methods to get caught for customs. It is however, much more reliable and faster than the other methods.

So not only will delivery cost more with dhl, you could get charged customs too? The price of the phone could reach 260 by the time you get it so ya?

Depending on whats going on with customs. I'd say it'd be more likely to arrive Tuesday.

The item cost €66 incl. postage, how much customs would I need to pay? do I pay it to the postman on the doorstep?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Would appreciate any other info myself. Pretty much 100% that I'll be buying this for my wife once the mi4 launches as I think it'll be a little too expensive.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/91077416

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pauleoin

The item cost €66 incl. postage, how much customs would I need to pay? do I pay it to the postman on the doorstep?

Calculate here: http://www.dutycalculator.com/, plus any handling charges your courier company adds.
    In my experience the courier company (not sure about An Post) will usually contact you for payment before delivery if there are any additional charges due.

Any of the main stores will be good. Mixeshop, pandawill, chinapallmall. Etc will all have it on stock I'd imagine.

Can't see it dropping in price anymore really, its already a very good price for the spec you receive. Have a look at the lenovo k910 for a very similarly speced phone with a 5.5 inch screen.

Is there any store that's any better than the others or are they pretty much one and the same?

All the Dane in my experience. Mixeshop used to do a special delivery called euexp. Buy they seem to have stopped this recently. Maybe drop them a message asking do they still offer it? Might be just taken off the site for legal reasons.

All the Dane in my experience. Mixeshop used to do a special delivery called euexp. Buy they seem to have stopped this recently. Maybe drop them a message asking do they still offer it? Might be just taken off the site for legal reasons.

Yeah I might do that alright. Have you or anyone else used their "post register mail" delivery option? Don't mind too much the wait of 10-25 days if it was solid enough.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is there any store that's any better than the others or are they pretty much one and the same?

I had an awful experience with Pandawill. My phone had a fault and they refused to give me an RMA number to return it. Customer service is severely lacking also, they don't have a clue. Steer clear IMO.

I had an awful experience with Pandawill. My phone had a fault and they refused to give me an RMA number to return it. Customer service is severely lacking also, they don't have a clue. Steer clear IMO.

Thanks for the info. Mixeshop are coming in the cheapest of the three currently so I reckon I'll be going with them.

I've used the registered mail on getting a battery and a few bits sent over, never on a phone though. Took about 20 working days if I remember correctly.

All the sites have pretty bad customer service. Its a risk you take when buying Chinese.

are there any sites selling the OnePlus one 64gb right now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

My phone is still showing as Item Received at Dublin Mail Centre, updated yesterday afternoon. should it be with me in Cork tomorrow?

Where did you buy the phone (that you have coming) from ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement