Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crucial 256GB SSD - Upcoming Amazon Lightening Deal Today.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Installing Windows 7 at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

fletch wrote: »
    Installing Windows 7 at the moment :)
    Installed in under 15 mins :) ...reboots very fast now...applications seem to install much faster than before. Very happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Welease wrote: »
    Arrived this morning :) forgot to get a 2.5 inch holder (3.5 inch drive units), so will build it but only use it properly when its properly physically installed.

Why? It's solid state, pretty hard to damage even if you fling around your PC case!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I got mine but can't use it as I've no way of installing windows yet. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

GarIT wrote: »
    I got mine but can't use it as I've no way of installing windows yet. :(

Can you not clone it with a live cd?

Really regretting not buying this was trying to be good post christmas but on reflection I probably spend 30 mins of my working day listening to my hard drive thrashing starting programes so I'm only wasting my own time. If anyone else know for a decent bargain on 128MB+ let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

paddyp wrote: »
    Can you not clone it with a live cd?

I've nothing to connect it with. I'm installing it in my ultrabook and taking out the old HDD. I think I'm going to try to ge an enclosure for the old drive tomorrow. I'd dying to get it installed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

quarryman wrote: »
    Why? It's solid state, pretty hard to damage even if you fling around your PC case!

But if it does move, it could damage something else on the motherboard etc :) In the end I have built it (despite what I said) and it using the new drive which is sitting on the DVD drive :)

I have actually come across a pain in the ass though during the build last night though :( The Win7 copy I have is an update version, so it needs a previous OS installed.. XP will not install using the drive as the main (or only disk), Win7 will install fine.. but you cannot register its code if it was the single OS install..

Going to have to ring MS to get them to manually register my machine which is pain in the butt, as I rebuild a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you could just avail of the 30 dollars upgrade for win8

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks again OP! My laptop is flying along! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still waiting on mine :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭MrScootch

Welease wrote: »
    But if it does move, it could damage something else on the motherboard etc :) In the end I have built it (despite what I said) and it using the new drive which is sitting on the DVD drive :)

Mine is fixed in with electrical tape! It's fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭craigmcc

What a brilliant bit of kit. Got mine yesterday. Bought a bit of drive cloning software EaseUS ToDo Backup which took the hard work of preparing the new SSD and away it went. System is much quicker to load and well well worth the upgrade. Thank you to the original poster for putting this BA up.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭MMAGirl

Like getting a new laptop.

Advertisement