Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruelty Towards Defencless Animals

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

It's very doubtful that whoever tortured that poor puppy will be be caught. I agree that he should be punished, but I don't think violence is the answer. Two wrongs don't make a right. Serious jail time for acts such as this, that's what I would like to see. Ireland's animal welfare legislation needs to be changed dramatically because animals are regarded as just property at the moment, not living things.

Most if not all people would agree with this. It's up to our legislators to act on its people's wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

You know, perhaps the people that think this is someway justified 'ok' or funny should have a look at the pictures first:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.480131225358179.95573.308687865835850&type=1
    Who here has said any of these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Surely you have to be aware of something to fantasise about it.

One example http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8804517

If you can have unconscious thoughts then you can have other unconscious processes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Odysseus wrote: »
    One example http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8804517

If you can have unconscious thoughts then you can have other unconscious processes

tl;dr

So you're saying that you could be unconsciously fantasising about committing mass murder right now?

Yeah, okay.

• Advertisement

tl;dr

So you're saying that you could be unconsciously fantasising about committing mass murder right now?

Yeah, okay.

I don't recall saying that? You must have fantasised that. Read the link it is far from long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

I don't recall saying that? You must have fantasised that. Read the link it is far from long.

No but you said unconsious fantasising was a thing, so why not unconsciously fantasise about that? It's as likely as anything else.

I'm not overly bothered about reading it but if you want to explain it in layman's terms go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭mf240

Dont think anyone could possibly look at those pictures without become over come with some kind of emotion.

Dont know which is worse the cutting his throat or the leaving him there to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

mf240 wrote: »
    Dont think anyone could possibly look at those pictures without become over come with some kind of emotion.

Dont know which is worse the cutting his throat or the leaving him there to die.

The world would certainly be better without the mentality that would do that anyway. And to be without that mentality would need the individuals to just not exist anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarah42012

Omg this kind of thing breaks my heart, how could someone do that to an animal? Clearly they must have serious problems of their own :(

No but you said unconsious fantasising was a thing, so why not unconsciously fantasise about that? It's as likely as anything else.

I'm not overly bothered about reading it but if you want to explain it in layman's terms go ahead.

You don't need me to answer your questions; read the material, engage with it if your bothered, if not don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Madam_X wrote: »
    A piss-take of some of the reactions here, not the torture of the puppy. And certainly not any suggestion that it was justified.

Perhaps, better to keep the 'piss taking' to a minimum in that case, might be picked up the wrong way.

Just like on post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82525533&postcount=36

It was well obvious what the person meant.

To come back with "chews rasher" and other comments isn't really appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Most if not all people would agree with this. It's up to our legislators to act on its people's wishes.

Unfortunately I can't see that happening any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Who here has said any of these things?
    Madam_X wrote: »
    A piss-take of some of the reactions here, not the torture of the puppy. And certainly not any suggestion that it was justified.
    Perhaps, better to keep the 'piss taking' to a minimum in that case, might be picked up the wrong way.

Just like on post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82525533&postcount=36

It was well obvious what the person meant.

To come back with "chews rasher" and other comments isn't really appropriate.

I can only speak for myself, but my posts quoted by keithclancy were a play on the overreaction posts on this thread.
    keith seems a dab hand at the ould overreaction as well it seems.
    A sense of humour/perspective at times can save you from wailing, beating your chest, and taking the time to write a post about fantasies of "this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again."
    Thinking it is one thing. However, posting it without stalling to absorb what you are putting into print, what you wish you could do to another person, is worrying to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

What the hell is wrong with people?

Just browsing TheJournal.ie and I come across a story about a Lurcher pup that had his throat slashed in Portlaoise yesterday. http://www.thejournal.ie/puppy-throat-slashed-742050-Jan2013/?utm_source=shortlink

It boils my blood to hear of stories like this. The scumbags that done this will more than likely never be punished for this.

I despair sometimes thinking that these kind of people are walking around the streets.

:(

Poor thing, cant believe someone would do something like that. :mad::(

Thank god he was found and has a chance now.

Will never understand how someone could inflict such pain/ hurt to another creature for no reason- and Im sure we can all agree theres no reason to whats been done here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

It is well know alright, but well know fact or fiction? This comes up everytime such topics are posted. However, such topics seems to come from watching Criminal Minds or CSI, it is more or a myth than a reality.
    How about the Ukrainian hammer maniacs then? On topic, animal abusers are the lowest form of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

de thing i could say bout does people who do dat would get me banned off here for life!:eek: sickos!

unless a mod says i can;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

My sister is just after telling me of this news story and I then found it here in after hours.

What a sh1tty, scummy thing to do to a poor little defenseless puppy. An older dog may have the potential to fight back in danger but not a puppy. I believe the puppy was 3 months. The little cuteness would just want to play.

Why would someone do this?

And what's worse is that nothing will come of the person who did this. The person who did this clearly a cowardly bully, hurting those that can't defend themselves. What is there to stop him from targeting a defencless child and doing the same to a child? How about a woman?

It's on facebook that the puppy had surgery. Well done to all involved at rescuing the dog and helping him/her. Hope the dog pulls through and wishing him/her a quick recovery. Poor little pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

mikom wrote: »
    So if this "scum" had a 5 year old daughter you would still plough ahead and do the following... "this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again"?
    All over a Lurcher pup.

I doubt any 5 year old is in good hands if she has a father who does things like that. Probably best shes taken out of the care of her scumbag father and gets to live with a more responsible person or with a foster family.

• Advertisement
Advertisement