Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruelty Towards Defencless Animals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

People who torture and kill defenceless animals for fun should go on some sort of register imo.

To what end? What use could be made of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ongoing feud?

A quick google search shows lots of newspaper reports of feuding in Portlaoise, articles from 2012, 2011 and 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am from the town and never heard about this til now.

It's horrendous to think someone would do this and think it's acceptable to do so.

As in any town or city,you'll find a group of young lads that hang around together.Lurchers or greyhounds seem to be their latest accessory, it is here anyway.

I'm not accusing them of being responsible, believe me Im not.
    Am just saying there's quite a lot of these dogs here.

Whoever is responsible quite honestly must have no concience or moral guidelines to think this is an ok thing to do.There should be harsher punishments for anyone who does anything like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Honestly, out of all the types of people in the world, if I could get rid of one, it would be those who abuse and are cruel to animals. It makes me feel sick to my stomach thinking about it to be honest. I just don't understand how a person could intentionally injure or kill an animal (and often in such a violent, disturbing manner). The person who did that to that poor puppy is just a genuinely bad person. It's disgusting :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I just don't understand how a person could intentionally injure or kill an animal

*chews rasher*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Interesting that some posters are more interested in what others have posted than actually condemning the brutality of the actions of those sub humans.

They should be barred from owning any animal in the future as a minimum. Animal cruelty laws in this country are a joke.

mikom wrote: »
    *chews rasher*

Your linking eating of meat to cruelty? Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

*chews rasher*
    *Polishes leather shoes*

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Your linking eating of meat to cruelty? Wow.

Wow.
    Read the quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

*chews rasher*

Bit different, tbh if you slashed up a pig and jammed it between two brick walls and left it suffer for a number of hours before you slaughtered the outrage would be the same.

• Advertisement

Wow.
    Read the quote.
    g

I did but its hard to understand what your saying while your talking and chewing on your bacon. Enjoy btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Those f***ing scumbag cu#ts, this makes my blood boil. l'll never understand why anyone would want to deliberately harm an innocent defencless animal like this. Their scum Makes me ashamed to be a human. Unfortunately alot of cruelty goes on everyday unknown to the public.

l wish l could get my hands on those cu#ts & show them what cruelty feels like. Anyone who carries out a cruel act like this to an animal or human being for that matter, IMO, deserves a severe pushiment, not a fine or prison, a good hard beating.

Thank god Taylor has another chance in life & hope he finds a loving, caring home. Can't help but think of all the other poor animals out there who are being abused as l type this :(

g

I did but its hard to understand what your saying while your talking and chewing on your bacon. Enjoy btw.

Jelly for dessert.
    Mmmm Gelatin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Has any knob end posted that it's only an animal yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

*chews rasher*
    *Polishes leather shoes*
    *Puts on fur coat...sans knickers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Liamario wrote: »
    Has any knob end posted that it's only an animal yet?

Well, as a "knob end" I know its "only" about an animal, hence, its in the title :)

Interesting that some posters are more interested in what others have posted than actually condemning the brutality of the actions of those sub humans.

They should be barred from owning any animal in the future as a minimum. Animal cruelty laws in this country are a joke.

Well from my point of view, I became involved when the usual myth of animal cruelty equaling a serial killer was mentioned. Such myths can be dangerous and need to be identified.

I also posted about how crap imo the animal protection laws in this country are, especially as my pet is not recognised as one. However, I can't stand over the use of violence some posters are putting forward.

If I seen such an act occurring I would intervene, physically if I had to and it would not bother me. However, it would not give me the right to use inappropriate force, and it certainly would not give me the right to use one of my rifles or my shotgun on the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Odysseus wrote: »
    If I seen such an act occurring I would intervene, physically if I had to and it would not bother me. However, it would not give me the right to use inappropriate force, and it certainly would not give me the right to use one of my rifles or my shotgun on the person.
    On the contrary, by intervening you might well put yourself in a position where you would be forced to escalate, making the inappropriate appropriate through your own actions, the oul spectrum of violence once again.

I have a dog, a tan pom; sometimes I swear that creature jumped straight out of a cartoon. Highly intelligent, full of personality and energy, if I found someone messing with it they'd have cause to regret their actions.

But no, post facto the law is there for a reason, so maybe settle down a bit folks.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    On the contrary, by intervening you might well put yourself in a position where you would be forced to escalate, making the inappropriate appropriate through your own actions, the oul spectrum of violence once again.

I have a dog, a tan pom; sometimes I swear that creature jumped straight out of a cartoon. Highly intelligent, full of personality and energy, if I found someone messing with it they'd have cause to regret their actions.

But no, post facto the law is there for a reason, so maybe settle down a bit folks.

Yep, that is possible, but we are in a different game at that stage; however, that is totally different to what some posters are suggesting. As you said the law is there for a reason, we may not always agree with it, but we are supposed to abide by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

In my opinion the person who thinks these things is a bigger danger to society that the person who killed the dog.
    It worries me that people like that are walking around.

This is utter claptrap. You're seriously saying a person, who would never actually harm another living creature, is a bigger danger than someone who sees nothing wrong in torturing a defenceless animal?

When human beings get angry or upset, it's a perfectly natural reaction to express that anger by concocting an imaginary revenge scenario. 99 times out of 100, they will never actually exact that revenge and you know it.

In my opinion, you should be far more worried about the person who finds it perfectly acceptable to hurt living creatures walking around, than the person who merely expresses anger at such an act.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

This is utter claptrap. You're seriously saying a person, who would never actually harm another living creature, is a bigger danger than someone who sees nothing wrong in torturing a defenceless animal?

When human beings get angry or upset, it's a perfectly natural reaction to express that anger by concocting an imaginary revenge scenario. 99 times out of 100, they will never actually exact that revenge and you know it.

In my opinion, you should be far more worried about the person who finds it perfectly acceptable to hurt living creatures walking around, than the person who merely expresses anger at such an act.

I suggest you read the sick and explictly violent post that I was responding to, the poster obviously has issues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Those f***ing scumbag cu#ts, this makes my blood boil. l'll never understand why anyone would want to deliberately harm an innocent defencless animal like this. Their scum Makes me ashamed to be a human. Unfortunately alot of cruelty goes on everyday unknown to the public.

l wish l could get my hands on those cu#ts & show them what cruelty feels like. Anyone who carries out a cruel act like this to an animal or human being for that matter, IMO, deserves a severe pushiment, not a fine or prison, a good hard beating.

Thank god Taylor has another chance in life & hope he finds a loving, caring home. Can't help but think of all the other poor animals out there who are being abused as l type this :(
    Apt username is so fecking apt!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I suggest you read the sick and explictly violent post that I was responding to, the poster obviously has issues!

Ah relax, humans are only animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I have read it. Do you actually think the poster in question would carry out any of the stuff they described?
    Or do you think perhaps they were merely expressing anger they felt over a heinous act committed against a defenceless animal and would never put that person through a slow and torturous death in actual reality?

No more than those who are immune to animal cruelty and who have no problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Froyo

So if this "scum" had a 5 year old daughter you would still plough ahead and do the following... "this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again"?
    All over a Lurcher pup.

It's truly pathetic that one can't empathise with defenceless animals being tortured without somebody crowing about 'yeah but kids are more important'.

Cop the fcuk on. The thread is about animal cruelty.

It's more than worthy of people's time and is an important issue.

Animals are heavily dependant on humans to treat them properly. Is it too much to ask they're not sickeningly abused? FFS.

Froyo wrote: »
    It's truly pathetic that one can't empathise with defenceless animals being tortured without somebody crowing about 'yeah but kids are more important'.

Cop the fcuk on. The thread is about animal cruelty.

In case you missed it........ "this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again"
    This was put forward as a punishment for the act carried out on the Lurcher pup.

Save your indignation for the proper time when you understand the flow of the thread Froyo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Ugh, I hate animal cruelty :( I really don't understand it. I can understand (but not condone, obviously), violence towards humans when there is some sort of motive but what do animals ever do to deserve such cruelty?

That said, I do hate the way animals get more sympathy than humans sometimes. A good example is homless people - when the person has an animal you can be sure they will get more attention/donations.

In case you missed it........ "this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again"

I didn't miss it.

The issue touched on the poster and invoked an emotional response. It doesn't mean they'd go through with it.

Also, you're assuming because it's about an animal they wouldn't feel the same if it was a child.

• Advertisement

Ugh, I hate animal cruelty :( I really don't understand it. I can understand (but not condone, obviously), violence towards humans when there is some sort of motive but what do animals ever do to deserve such cruelty?

That said, I do hate the way animals get more sympathy than humans sometimes. A good example is homless people - when the person has an animal you can be sure they will get more attention/donations.

A homeless person has more options to a better life than an animal thrown out on the street to get possibly hit by a lorry or something.

An animal can't be vocal and is more dependant on human compassionate as they can't initiate change themselves.

Advertisement