Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruelty Towards Defencless Animals

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I also certainly wouldn't have any compassion if that were to happen to the people responsible anyway. I don't know why anyone would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

That said, I do hate the way animals get more sympathy than humans sometimes. A good example is homless people - when the person has an animal you can be sure they will get more attention/donations.

Puppies scrub up better on the TV ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

mikom wrote: »
    In case you missed it........ "this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again"
    This was put forward as a punishment for the act carried out on the Lurcher pup.

Save your indignation for the proper time when you understand the flow of the thread Froyo.

In case you missed it....this cruel and disgusting act was done to a living animal.

Animals have emotions, as do humans.

Animals have feelings, ie. in this case, pain, as do humans.

Alot of animals are defencless, as are alot of humans.

Alot of animals are dependant on humans, as are alot of humans.

Animals need to be cared and loved for, as do humans.

In case you missed it....this cruel and disgusting act was done to a living animal.

"this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again"

In case you missed it....this cruel and disgusting act was proposed to be done to a living person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Froyo wrote: »
    I didn't miss it.

The issue touched on the poster and invoked an emotional response. It doesn't mean they'd go through with it.

Also, you're assuming because it's about an animal they wouldn't feel the same if it was a child.

So we can all go on rants because it invokes an emotional response? No people need to take responsibility for their posts

• Advertisement

"this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again"

In case you missed it....this cruel and disgusting act was proposed to be done to a living person.

l didn't miss it.

Why should that "person" not be treated the same way in which s/he treated that living, innocent animal in a cruel way?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

What the hell is wrong with people?

Just browsing TheJournal.ie and I come across a story about a Lurcher pup that had his throat slashed in Portlaoise yesterday. http://www.thejournal.ie/puppy-throat-slashed-742050-Jan2013/?utm_source=shortlink

It boils my blood to hear of stories like this. The scumbags that done this will more than likely never be punished for this.

I despair sometimes thinking that these kind of people are walking around the streets.

:(

Also seals and the sea eagles which are both protected species. The seals were decaptiated. and the golden eagles were poisoned. Seriously I am anti peta but they need to import their own style of punishment from America too here. Not one conviction as far as I know.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I also certainly wouldn't have any compassion if that were to happen to the people responsible anyway. I don't know why anyone would.

So what would you feel? Out of interest? Could you carry out that act? Could you watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Hope the dog is okay.

AH is very weird today... people seem a lot more angry than they usually are, and that's some feat!

l didn't miss it.

Why should that "person" not be treated the same way in which s/he treated that living, innocent animal in a cruel way?

There is no death penalty in this country for the murder of humans, let alone lurcher pups.

This goes even further than the death penalty......... "this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭mf240

Dont think its a complete myth that people who do this kind of thing to animals turn into serial killers (obviously a tiny %)

But it does display a complete absence of empathy for the suffering of another creature, something that a serial killer would require.

l didn't miss it.

Because we do not class animals as humans. However, more importantly this is devient behaviour, what does that make us if we act the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

The piece of sub-human scum that did this should get a bullet in their misbegotten brain.

mf240 wrote: »
    Dont think its a complete myth that people who do this kind of thing to animals turn into serial killers (obviously a tiny %)

But it does display a complete absence of empathy for the suffering of another creature, something that a serial killer would require.

Any links to any type of research that backs up that claim?

There is no death penalty in this country for the murder of humans, let alone lurcher pups.

This goes even further than the death penalty......... "this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again"

Doesn't mean the scum should not be treated the same way he treated that animal. You might as well be saying, its ok to what s/he has done.

The animal did nothing wrong. This scum is slashed its neck & left for dead. What the hell does that say about them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Most people don't condone violence even toward these people. But it is interesting that you have turned the subject matter from animal cruelty to another topic altogether.

Out of curiosity how do you feel about the OP since you haven't actually commented on it but on other people's responses?

Doesn't mean the scum should not be treated the same way he treated that animal. You might as well be saying, its ok to what s/he has done.

The animal did nothing wrong. This scum is slashed its neck & left for dead. What the hell does that say about them?

To really know what it says about them we would need to ask that person and we can't do that.

However, how does not agreeing with you some mean a person is saying it is ok to engage in such behaviour.

Not one person in this thread has stated or implied that such behaviour is OK.

Odysseus wrote: »
    Because we do not class animals as humans. However, more importantly this is devient behaviour, what does that make us if we act the same way?

An animal feels pain the same way as a human does. Only differences between human & animals is the power humans have & we walk on 2 legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

mf240 wrote: »
    Confirmation bias. Mention a few serial killers who have also killed animals previously and a seed is planted in people's heads.

Usually neglect to mention the countless acts of animal cruelty that do not result in human murder or the serial killers who have never harmed an animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

So we can all go on rants because it invokes an emotional response? No people need to take responsibility for their posts

Yes, people can go on rants if they feel an emotional response. They're human, they feel anger. So what?

What harm are they causing anyone by writing how they feel exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Something like the licences required for salmon and sea trout fishing?

Because fishing is the same as torturing a puppy for kicks is it? The vast majority of fishermen care about the fish they catch and put them back mostly unharmed.
    To what end? What use could be made of it?
    The link between animal abuse and interpersonal violence is becoming so well established that many U.S. communities now cross-train social-service and animal-control agencies in how to recognize signs of animal abuse as possible indicators of other abusive behaviors.

nytimes.com

Also, a register could be used, primarily, to send the message 'we're watching you you cunt'.

To really know what it says about them we would need to ask that person and we can't do that.

However, how does not agreeing with you some mean a person is saying it is ok to engage in such behaviour.

Not one person in this thread has stated or implied that such behaviour is OK.

I am getting the impression that some people think this behaviour is ok, it doesn;t need to be stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

l wish l could get my hands on those cu#ts & show them what cruelty feels like. Anyone who carries out a cruel act like this to an animal or human being for that matter, IMO, deserves a severe pushiment, not a fine or prison, a good hard beating.

I fully agree violence is wrong. It needs to be punished with more violence.

I am gonna guess you were never on the school debating team.

Yes, people can go on rants if they feel an emotional response. They're human, they feel anger. So what?

What harm are they causing anyone by writing how they feel exactly?

So it is OK to propose acts of violence towards others because they are angry? Getting angry mean they can bypass personal responsiblity for their posts.

What is they get angry about a person who is of a different race, can they rant about that race then?

I thought the concept was discussion here, not ranting?

Can we just have a rant whenever we gat angry now, or just on the net?

An animal feels pain the same way as a human does. Only differences between human & animals is the power humans have & we walk on 2 legs.

Chickens walk on two legs. Is it the just the power thing bewteen us and them so?

tin79 wrote: »
    I fully agree violence is wrong. It needs to be punished with more violence.

I am gonna guess you were never on the school debating team.

Well you've guessed wrong.

tin79 wrote: »
    Chickens walk on two legs. Is it the just the power thing bewteen us and them so?

Nit pick away, but surely you get my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I couldn't care less how violent the revenge fantasies are when taking into account the sick, cretin cunt of a thing which would slice a defenceless animals throat. Fuck him and the faux outrage at emotional responses on this thread. You all know well why people react this way.

Hope the vermin scum who did this suffers a sudden bout of Locked in Syndrome. :mad:

Nit pick away, but surely you get my point.

I dont. I think your point is complete tripe. I think Odysseus` point is the point I get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

So it is OK to propose acts of violence towards others because they are angry? Getting angry mean they can bypass personal responsiblity for their posts.

What is they get angry about a person who is of a different race, can they rant about that race then?

I thought the concept was discussion here, not ranting?

Can we just have a rant whenever we gat angry now, or just on the net?

In fairness this is your fourth or fifth time asking if its okay to condone violence towards other humans. The OP subject matter is about cruelty to animals. Every time this subject is brought up its turned around to violence against people, its quite frustrating.

Advertisement