Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruelty Towards Defencless Animals

Options
  • 05-01-2013 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

What the hell is wrong with people?

Just browsing TheJournal.ie and I come across a story about a Lurcher pup that had his throat slashed in Portlaoise yesterday. http://www.thejournal.ie/puppy-throat-slashed-742050-Jan2013/?utm_source=shortlink

It boils my blood to hear of stories like this. The scumbags that done this will more than likely never be punished for this.

I despair sometimes thinking that these kind of people are walking around the streets.

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Animal abusers.. Blood boiling stuff. Find it hard even to get people who dont like animals too, except with allergies and that but it really makes a bad impression to me. How can you not like friendly furry things??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Even if they do get punished for it, it'll be nothing more than a slap on the wrists and told not to do it again.Lengthy jail terms should be handed out to anyone who abuses animals.They're truly sick individuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I'd do the same thing to the person who did that to the poor little puppy. The only difference this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again. The stupid scummy little basterds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

I'd do the same thing to the person who did that to the poor little puppy. The only difference this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again. The stupid scummy little basterds.

Somewhat ott!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls.

Steve and Joe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Sick. Sounds like the work of a future serial killer in the making. Life in prison if caught I say. No chance of rehabilitation at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

There is nothing that upsets me more than defensiveness animals being hurt or abused.

There is something truly wrong with a person that can harm an animal for fun and no punishment is harsh enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, animal abuse is wrong, but the people who fantasise about doing this shít to other human beings in retaliation are also fcuked up.

Cruelty Towards Defencless Animals
    Rasheed wrote: »
    There is nothing that upsets me more than defensiveness animals being hurt or abused.

Argggh............

Somewhat ott!

No, its not.

Prison is too good for that yoke of a human. I'd gladly go to prison so this piece of crap can die very very slowly. Did the person not care about the pup when he was crying out in pain? No, kept it up. I certainly dont care about this scum.

• Advertisement

No, its not.

Prison is too good for that yoke of a human. I'd gladly go to prison so this piece of crap can die very very slowly. Did the person not care about the pup when he was crying out in pain? No, kept it up. I certainly dont care about this scum.

So if this "scum" had a 5 year old daughter you would still plough ahead and do the following... "this person would die very very slowly and il make sure no one finds that cnut wedged between two walls. He'll never get his head out and see the light of day again"?
    All over a Lurcher pup.

No, its not.

I would say you have serious issues. What happened was shocking, what you are advocating is 1,000,000 times worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

No, its not.

I'm with u on this 1. As an ex member of an SPCA I have had my fair share of pups and dogs here. People who hurt animals need to be hurt or worse themselves and id only too gladly take a bar to their crotch and make sure they can't see straight if caught. It's true jail is no good for this type of scum. There is little law ion place to deter people from doing this. Someone who picks on someone or something defenceless is the lowest piece of sh!t that walks this earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 I smell bad!!!

Probably some hunting lads dog that wasn't making the grade and they decided to get rid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I don't really know why people act like it's so much worse to hurt a human than an animal. Normal people don't go around murdering humans, and normal people don't murder animals either. You can't excuse either, and I don't think animal cruelty cases are ever pursued enough...it's well-known that serial killers start on animals, so why wait til they get to a human to punish them? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

I would say you have serious issues. What happened was shocking, what you are advocating is 1,000,000 times worse.

At least the person being given the beating can defend themselves or at least try too. What can a puppy do? Cut their crotch open, see how much they scream and no I don't have issues I just hate people who hurt something/someone who can't fight back. Like the scum who beat the 96 y/o woman in Donegal to steal her handbag in her home, should they be let off because someone wants to make them die a horrible death for what they did? Hurting an animal or person is no different in my view. For me it would be easier to see a human die than an animal. I love animals more than humans. Animals are loving an loyal and will never do you wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Probably some hunting lads dog that wasn't making the grade and they decided to get rid.

Bullsh*t

I cant imagine the pain that poor puppy went through. Also leaving a rescue with expensive vet bills to fix him. Im in tears and I hope they find the person who did this. He shouldn't be walking the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Histie

Would it be perverse of me to point out that thousands of defenceless animals are killed every hour for the non-essential human desire to eat their flesh?
    It's true that the apparent pointlessness of this incident makes it more shocking, but presumably whoever killed the puppy had a certain satisfaction from slitting its throat. Even if we deem that socially unacceptable, why should killing an animal for that pleasure be morally worse than killing an animalfor the pleasure of eating its flesh? After all, that pleasure is just as superfluous.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I don't really know why people act like it's so much worse to hurt a human than an animal.
    Hurting an animal or person is no different in my view. For me it would be easier to see a human die than an animal. I love animals more than humans.

1 child and 10 puppies in a burning building.
    You can only rescue either the child or the 10 puppies.
    Which would you choose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I don't really know why people act like it's so much worse to hurt a human than an animal. Normal people don't go around murdering humans, and normal people don't murder animals either. You can't excuse either, and I don't think animal cruelty cases are ever pursued enough...it's well-known that serial killers start on animals, so why wait til they get to a human to punish them? :confused:

It is well know alright, but well know fact or fiction? This comes up everytime such topics are posted. However, such topics seems to come from watching Criminal Minds or CSI, it is more or a myth than a reality.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

mikom wrote: »
    1 child and 10 puppies in a burning building.
    You can only rescue either the child or the 10 puppies.
    Which would you choose?
    The child, obviously. What I said was I don't know why people value humans so much more than animals, not "why they value them more at all". If you had a chance to save both and didn't save the child, I don't know why you're so much more demonized than someone who had the chance to save both and didn't save the puppies is what I'm saying. It's a strange double standard.
    Odysseus wrote: »
    It is well know alright, but well know fact or fiction? This comes up everytime such topics are posted. However, such topics seems to come from watching Criminal Minds or CSI, it is more or a myth than a reality.
    True. It's definitely worrying behaviour though, but not much is ever done about it.

• Site Banned Posts: 161 ✭✭John37

THey should be shot for doing this. Sick ****s. Okay shooting them is a bit of extreme bu they should be put away for a lenghty spell

At least the person being given the beating can defend themselves or at least try too. What can a puppy do? Cut their crotch open, see how much they scream and no I don't have issues I just hate people who hurt something/someone who can't fight back. Like the scum who beat the 96 y/o woman in Donegal to steal her handbag in her home, should they be let off because someone wants to make them die a horrible death for what they did? Hurting an animal or person is no different in my view. For me it would be easier to see a human die than an animal. I love animals more than humans. Animals are loving an loyal and will never do you wrong.

In my opinion the person who thinks these things is a bigger danger to society that the person who killed the dog.
    It worries me that people like that are walking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I deplore this kind of violence...

...but...

...if I was in Korea and was asked to sample some dog and they said it tasted fine I would do it in a shot...

...mmm...

...grilled dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

People who torture and kill defenceless animals for fun should go on some sort of register imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Poor little creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Lets start getting some good animal protection laws first; before we start shooting people. Sure reptiles are not even classed as pets in this country, merely a hobby. Any fool can start up a pet shop no need for training AFAIK, look at all the pupy farms on places like Done deal etc.

There is a lot we can be doing before we start looking to kill people!!

People who torture and kill defenceless animals for fun should go on some sort of register imo.

Something like the licences required for salmon and sea trout fishing?

• Advertisement

Edit: Double post........... boards acting up

Advertisement