Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC vs BDO - Discuss

Options

Comments

3 darts average directly shows how good you are at darts.

Well then Daryl Fitton was the best player around in the mid 00s. By your standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

Double's percentage is incorporated into 3 dart average as I proved above.

The object of the game is to get from 501 to 0 in the least amount of darts. 3 darts average is another way of showing how many darts a player has used to get from 501 to 0.

3 darts average directly shows how good you are at darts. Goals scored, saves made are completely different in that they form only 1 facet of the game and are useless in comparing different tournaments.

A better example would be 2 100m races. The winner of one runs a 9.7 while the other runs a 10.1 Which would you consider to be the better sprinter ?

You are wasting your time Augustus.I think Conor has run out of fingers!:D

repsol wrote: »
    You are wasting your time Augustus.I think Conor has run out of fingers!:D

"Kist would be annihilated by anyone...anyone...in the PDC top 30"

"Annihilated"!!

"Kist would be annihilated by anyone...anyone...in the PDC top 30"

"Annihilated"!!

He couldn't even beat a pub player.List any BDO players you consider capable of getting into premier league top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Well then Daryl Fitton was the best player around in the mid 00s. By your standards.

That one match was the greatest ever thrown on TV.

One swallow does not make a summer as much as one match does not a player. If Fitton could repeat this feat on a more regular basis along with significant tournament victories against his peers, then he'll be considered the greatest darts player ever.

• Advertisement

That one match was the greatest ever thrown on TV.

One swallow does not make a summer as much as one match does not a player. If Fitton could repeat this feat on a more regular basis along with significant tournament victories against his peers, then he'll be considered the greatest darts player ever.

I agree. With both points.

As a matter of curiosity, do you agree with repsol's point that Kist would not even beat a pub player and would be "annihilated" by "anyone" in the PDC top 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

As a matter of curiosity, do you agree with repsol's point that Kist would not even beat a pub player and would be "annihilated" by "anyone" in the PDC top 30?

Of course not :D

I didn't mean any pub player.I meant Kong is a pub player and he did beat him

I didn't mean any pub player.I meant Kong is a pub player and he did beat him

Goodnight. And sweet dreams of annihilations!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Conor you clearly haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Give it up while you still have a tiny bit of credibility left.

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    Conor you clearly haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Give it up while you still have a tiny bit of credibility left.

Okay, me and the results of the Grand Slam are wrong, any pub player would beat Christian Kist.

It's a little silly, life is too short etc. So even though he beat Newton, I accept that didn't happen and Newton annihilated Kist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Okay, me and the results of the Grand Slam are wrong, any pub player would beat Christian Kist.

It's a little silly, life is too short etc. So even though he beat Newton, I accept that didn't happen and Newton annihilated Kist.

The annihilation stuff is ridiculous but we can play that game. The PDC board is twice the size of the BDO board :pac::pac::pac::pac:

T-K-O wrote: »
    The annihilation stuff is ridiculous but we can play that game. The PDC board is twice the size of the BDO board :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Ah now, Wexford and Repsol carried the argument. I have now realised that the PDC players annihilated Christian Kist, and the results in the GS did not in fact happen. You should come over too...it's easier this way TKO...come play with us...

I'll start with this one. Scott Waites is a pub player. Terrible. He wouldn't beat anyone in the PDC top 47.5.

Ah now, Wexford and Repsol carried the argument. I have now realised that the PDC players annihilated Christian Kist, and the results in the GS did not in fact happen. You should come over too...it's easier this way TKO...come play with us...

I'll start with this one. Scott Waites is a pub player. Terrible. He wouldn't beat anyone in the PDC top 47.5.

So we are now judging the BDO based on one day, dodgy scoreboard and the reigning champ departing in R1. Great

The gap IMO really began to show in and around the time Barney jumped ship. There is no question the PDC with the aid of Sky Sports has pulled ahead.

If someone wants to beleive that the top 10 or 20 PDC players would annihilate the lakeside champion, well there is no point arguing that point.

Again I follow both but I do not like the way sky pimps a sport. The premier league is the best in the world, yeah OK. Tennis on sky is painful. F1 makes my eyes bleed (on sky) and they have done the same with the PDC.

The gen pop laps it up. It's that big brother, reality TV culture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I think darts is the one thing that Sky actually have got right.

Why are you talking like you have such a chip on your shoulder. One tournament doesn't mean much.

It's about consistency, most BDO players consistently average 78-85 bar about three or four of them. Averages and doubles percentages are how you compare how good players are. The PDC are way ahead on this score.

I don't see why you are crying over this, I fully enjoy watching the BDO but its plainly obvious it is little more than a feeder for the PDC now.

Why are you talking like you have such a chip on your shoulder. One tournament doesn't mean much.

It's about consistency, most BDO players consistently average 78-85 bar about three or four of them. Averages and doubles percentages are how you compare how good players are. The PDC are way ahead on this score.

I don't see why you are crying over this, I fully enjoy watching the BDO but its plainly obvious it is little more than a feeder for the PDC now.

No need to post about me, the topic is about the PDC and BDO. I think. I'll check it again, but pretty sure it's not me.

And I agree with you and repsol now. The BDO are pub players. My gran would annihilate Kist.

No need to post about me, the topic is about the PDC and BDO. I think. I'll check it again, but pretty sure it's not me.

And I agree with you and repsol now. The BDO are pub players. My gran would annihilate Kist.

See you can't even argue your case properly, you are showing your immaturity.

Run along now and let the grown ups debate.

See you can't even argue your case properly, you are showing your immaturity.

Run along now and let the grown ups debate.

Still posting about me?

Why don't you sand me a message about me, and leave this to the BDO PDC debate. Repsol said every top 30 PDC player would annihilate Kist, talk about that, not me all the time.

Still posting about me?

Why don't you sand me a message about me, and leave this to the BDO PDC debate. Repsol said every top 30 PDC player would annihilate Kist, talk about that, not me all the time.

Conor,apart from Bunting so far(still playing),and Fitton who will probably not be able to repeat his form,who has been really impressive at Lakeside so far?Nobody

• Advertisement

Still posting about me?

Well you are the one being a douche and not even listening to me.

I didn't say that although I couldn't see him making a big impact if he plays like he did yesterday.

Well you are the one being a douche and not even listening to me.

Yawn.

Still banging on about me. I'll check my messages every now and again, please put the personal stuff there.

Now repsol's post that the top 30 would annihilate Kist. The one I objected to last night, which objections seem to have wound you up at 4.30 am. What do you think about that post in the cold light of day?

UPDATE

Number 1 seed taken to a deciding set by a roofer who won a holiday on BULLSEYE! (In fairness his mother got 82 of the 101 required)

UPDATE

Phil Taylor is back in the gym from today. He's a real pro

Fack OFF

UPDATE

Number 1 seed taken to a deciding set by a roofer who won a holiday on BULLSEYE! (In fairness his mother got 82 of the 101 required)

Fair play to him, he won.

Not as good as Alan Warriner Little refusing to gamble on Bullseye.

A semi finalist in the PDC within the past 10 years...but not up to Bully's challenge!

UPDATE

Phil Taylor is back in gym from today. He's a real pro

Fack OFF

Only because he cannot bear to watch the darts!

Only because he cannot bear to watch the darts!

Maybe he's in the back of his van... working on his game. :pac::pac:

Maybe he's in the back of his van... working on his game. :pac::pac:

Maybe.I actually don't like Taylor but have to admit he is the best ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

UPDATE

Phil Taylor is back in the gym from today. He's a real pro

Fack OFF

:rolleyes:

this thread is completely ridiculous...the above post sums up how juvenile it is.

Wish there was a way of blocking it out of the forum so I accidentally dont click into it again

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

this thread is completely ridiculous...the above post sums up how juvenile it is.

Wish there was a way of blocking it out of the forum so I accidentally dont click into it again

But you see no problem putting the man down because he is a roofer. They are all bloody roofers

I agree the thread is beyond ridiculous, you are not helping

Advertisement