Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[WIP] RTE Player for Enigma2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

slegs wrote: »
    The files from this post

this is working perfect now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

STB wrote: »
    RogerThis thanks a lot this is working perfectly in BH 1.79. I had to run my Clone Uno via Meoboot to get it onto BH1.79. It gets you around the houses.

Can you explain this a bit more? Is your clone Uno now running on 1.79 with latest drivers? How is this done? Would it be possible to do this with Clone Solo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

givecredit wrote: »
    Can you explain this a bit more? Is your clone Uno now running on 1.79 with latest drivers? How is this done? Would it be possible to do this with Clone Solo?

Yes. When I had that setup via Meoboot, I was running 1.72 originally and had 1.79 loaded within meoboot. An OS running within an OS. But it was a short lived fix as other elements of BH/Enigma that I use would be required to be loaded within the flash of the original firmware, so meoboot is restrictive.

I wouldn't send you down that road as there is a long term fix. In any event you can do one of 2 things with the solos depending on what Version Chip you have. If you have an Uno you can do one of three things.

Perhaps PM is the way from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

RTE Player working fine on Solo2 Blackhole, needed timeout fix, Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Installed Blackhole v2.0.1 a few days ago, but 3player and RTE Player both green screen crash the box when you select a video. Anyone else seeing this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Richard Logue

I've been trying out the RTE player plugin on my DM800 and note that when I try to play any programme the plugin just hangs.

I generally use Firefox as my standard browser which has an ad blocking plugin installed - but I can't watch anything on the GB version of the RTE player as you have to sit through ads before anything can be watched. I use Chrome without ad blocking if I really, really want to watch something on the RTE player.

Is it possible that the ads are causing the plugin to crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I've been trying out the RTE player plugin on my DM800 and note that when I try to play any programme the plugin just hangs.

I generally use Firefox as my standard browser which has an ad blocking plugin installed - but I can't watch anything on the GB version of the RTE player as you have to sit through ads before anything can be watched. I use Chrome without ad blocking if I really, really want to watch something on the RTE player.

Is it possible that the ads are causing the plugin to crash?

The RTE plugin is Geo Locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dmac2006

dfdream wrote: »
    I like the contradiction...

"Its running flawlessly" "but stops every time after a few mins"....

LOL..:D:D:D:D:D

executes flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭OneWayBet

Great work, tested on ET9000 with VIX 3.0 and it works well (after applying the Timeout fix).

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Hi RogerThis. Just a quick note to say thanks for the rteplayer and tv3player. rteplayer is working perfectly since the timeout fix. On the other hand, TV3 player is parsing all the feeds, but not playing them. I'll try removing and "installing" again tomorrow and see.

On another note, I noticed that you and digidude did the iPlayer. I know that its geo-locked for us, but there is a VIX plug-in that uses Tunlr. Wondering if a port would be possible utilising the DNS switch?

• Advertisement

A lot of the work done on this by the OP and others has now ended up in...........

OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA)BBC Player and ITV player working in Ireland

which has RTE, Tv3, 4OD, BBC, ITV all in one.

Spotted that, cheers. I just felt that the thread you mention is very VIX-centric. Alot of the boardsies following this thread are doing so because they are using the st7162 chipset. It would be great to see the plug-in ported to these boxes.

Obskure wrote: »
    Spotted that, cheers. I just felt that the thread you mention is very VIX-centric. Alot of the boardsies following this thread are doing so because they are using the st7162 chipset. It would be great to see the plug-in ported to these boxes.

Well it is running on BH OE2 also, but thats MIPS also.

You are using a Amiko Alien/GM box ? There is a thread on the terrestrial forum that might be of help, just in case you havent seen that.

Thanks for that STB. I am following that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 xyladecor

givecredit wrote: »
    The RTE plugin is Geo Locked.

no, not really. BBC, ITV (maybe TV3, not tested yet) is geoblocked, but not the RTE content.

my problem is, that RTE is playing on dreambox 800, but the sound is stuttering and is not running flawlessly, it sounds crappy.

does anybody know how this can be fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Hi

I have rte palyer working on an alien 2 box. Only thing is, it won't stream Savage Eye. I presume its to do with the over 18's box that has to be ticked when watching on the web site.
    Is there anyway around this?

Also is there a 3player plugin for this box, spark7162?

thx

I take it back that the rte player is working. It hung on European Weather and I had to hard boot the box.
    I was on HDMU 10846 and decided to put HDMU 10881. Played European weather first time but hung on The Teens Midwife about 25mins in. Again had to ahrd boot the box.

Anyone got it working on a spark7162 box?

Thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

PadraigL wrote: »
    I take it back that the rte player is working. It hung on European Weather and I had to hard boot the box.
    I was on HDMU 10846 and decided to put HDMU 10881. Played European weather first time but hung on The Teens Midwife about 25mins in. Again had to ahrd boot the box.

Anyone got it working on a spark7162 box?

Thx

No, there is a dependency that needs to be compiled from source (lxml). I've asked the HDMU team if they could do it in their test environment as it's not possible to compile it with the box itself
    http://www.hdmedia-universe.com/board/showthread.php?3504-Lxml-for-Amiko-Alien-2

Thanks PogMoThoin
    The rte palyer would be great but if the Ondemand plugin was to work that would be ..:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Richard Logue

It would be good if the plugin worked outside Ireland.

I can see the listings of programmes that I'm allowed to see here in Britain (i.e. No EastEnders) but nothing plays when selected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 adrianc1982

hello rogerthis, nice work on your plugin. Im also a python developer and have made a couple sucessful plugins for enigma2. That said i had to check your code, when i read you started a wednesday and finished a monday, i was like whoa, who is this guy, enigma2 developing is hard because not a lot of documentation is available theres only a tutorial around the net and then you have to start reading code classes and methods from everywhere just to figure out what can be used and what not.

Anyway, congrats on your plugin again, just as a note so you can improve your python skills, dont code the same window over and over again, 600 lines of code could be written in 250 or 300, MenuList can be set over and over again without calling a new window and a new skin to draw a new menu, this adds speed to your plugin. Granted you will have to make a list with your previous menu and handle a history for it but thats not hard either.

Heres a method from the MenuList which i know you will find very useful..

yourlist = []
    yourlist.append(('Menu Entry', 'url', 'movieposter')
    self["myMenu"].setList(yourlist)

this simple code will delete your previous menu and will fill in a new list into the menu. How to go back? just save your last list to another list like a masterList

masterList = []
    masterList.append(yourlist)

if you go back and need to flush the last list because you wont need it anymore just do a..

masterList.pop() # this will delete the last entry or in your case the last list

then..
    self["myMenu"].setList(masterList[-1]) # will set the previous menu which you saved when you entered the new one see :)

Not a lot of documentation of enigma2 plugin development is available so i had to come and share some knowlegde hope this helps you with your plugin and future plugins, adrian peace out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 frank087234

is there anyfix for tv3 straight off the telly? does not seem to find url

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

for those running dmm in dreamboxes, or ARP on amiko and clones I'd recommend to try change:

fileRef = eServiceReference(4097,0,fileUrl)

to

fileRef = eServiceReference(1,0,fileUrl)

Actually I take my words back :) it wont work through the 1st service, as it accept only ts streams, so for ts streams plugins should prefer 1st service over 4097

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

I recently updated to open pli 4.0 from 2.1 on Dreambox800se .

Had RTE player working great on 2.1

But now only the video works but no sound , any ideas?

Gargantuan wrote: »
    I recently updated to open pli 4.0 from 2.1 on Dreambox800se .

Had RTE player working great on 2.1

But now only the video works but no sound , any ideas?

yes, enigma problem, probably they have changed gstreamer options

could you try any other newer image compiled before 2013-07-23
    there is a change in the flv audio playback that might cause the issue you have

https://sourceforge.net/p/openpli/openpli-oe-core/ci/36e684dc2d5844adefbed74f35742cdc22632cda/

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

Cheers for the suggestions , will give it a look over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14 frank087234

TV3 keeps crashing when play video, oozoon oe2.0, dreamelite 4 oe2.0, tsimage 3.0

• Advertisement

TV3 keeps crashing when play video, oozoon oe2.0, dreamelite 4 oe2.0, tsimage 3.0

without a crashlog your message is useles

Advertisement