Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[WIP] RTE Player for Enigma2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oadbylad

givecredit wrote: »
    Did you install etlivestreams when you had above. Without etlivestreams on my openpli image I get the same as above with Rte Player.
    Now got it working thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

dfdream wrote: »
    For me too the playback stops from 3-5 mins in.
    It happens on every program on both DUO and SOLO with VIX 3.0 with all updates.
    Playback on laptop is fine...

Anyone else have this issue ???
    I have the same problem with my Ultimo, running the latest vix 3.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭cregmon

Installed from Vix feeds onto Vu+ Uno. No faults; delight to use. Kids are getting a thorough introduction to Bosco and Wanderly Wagon.

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

has anybody gt this working OpenRsi 3 on an Azbox prem + ?

I cant get it working for love nor money. 20mb broadband just stops working after mins or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

RogerThis wrote: »
    I worked with digidude to make BBC iPlayer - It's UK only unless you use a VPN
    http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/showthread.php/23337-New-File-Added-Enigma2-BBC-iPlayer?p=29691
    Thats a shame :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

For me too the playback stops from 3-5 mins in.
    It happens on every program on both DUO and SOLO with VIX 3.0 with all updates.
    Playback on laptop is fine...

Anyone else have this issue ???
    Same issue here, with playback stopping after about 5 minutes, then it goes to the recordings list.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Im baffled this issue is only confined to 2 of us.

I watched last nights 9 oclock news to see if it would improve.
    Of the 10 times I tried it all stopped between 1 and 3 minutes.

I tried 3 programs on 1channel and they all played in full fine.

Go figure..
    byte wrote: »
    Same issue here, with playback stopping after about 5 minutes, then it goes to the recordings list.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

Great stuff , will try both plugin later on DM800se clone , running Dream-elite. 1Channel has been work ok for me so hopefully not issues with these 2 .

Can't get it working on DM800se running Dream-elite , get the green screen of death .
    Tried installing the Et-livestream but doesn't seem to install correctly. Looking for folders that are not there on my build.

1Channel works for me and will play most links although i some times get the 000 on media player but i thought that was just a dead link.

Has anybody got it running properly on DM800SE , if so what image did you use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Gargantuan wrote: »
    Can't get it working on DM800se running Dream-elite , get the green screen of death .
    Tried installing the Et-livestream but doesn't seem to install correctly. Looking for folders that are not there on my build.

1Channel works for me and will play most links although i some times get the 000 on media player but i thought that was just a dead link.

Has anybody got it running properly on DM800SE , if so what image did you use ?

I have 3player working on my 800se clone with TS image 1.1
    To get it working I installed a plugin called playstream .

Rte player just green screens when I select a show to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

I got RTE Player working on DM800 clone with OpenPli 2.1 image and etlivestreams installed.

3 Player will not work for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dmac2006

Hi guys,
    Just some feedback from me.

- RTE Player is running flawlessly on my VU+ Duo, running BlackHole 1.7.9 (latest) , but stops every time after a few mins play.
    Great job RogerThis :)

- With 3player... anyone running a enigma2 box that has Python 3.0 in the image will not be able to use this plugin.
    You'll probably get:
    "Some plugins are not available: Extensions/3player (No module named sgmllib)"

It uses the BeautifulSoup.py lib which has a dependency on sgmllib, and the sgmllib lib is deprecated since python version 2.6 onwards, and thus the module has been removed in Python 3.0... http://docs.python.org/2/library/sgmllib.html
    RogerThis, might be an option to look at an alternative xhtml parser, or maybe there is a newer version of BeautifulSoup released to support this?

Thanks,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Im baffled this issue is only confined to 2 of us.

I watched last nights 9 oclock news to see if it would improve.
    Of the 10 times I tried it all stopped between 1 and 3 minutes.

I tried 3 programs on 1channel and they all played in full fine.

Go figure..

I have the same issue I think. Watched something for about 2 minutes and then it exits into the recordings. Thought it was cause I'd hit to many buttons. Vu Duo with Vix3.0 with all updates

I like the contradiction...

"Its running flawlessly" "but stops every time after a few mins"....

LOL..:D:D:D:D:D

dmac2006 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Just some feedback from me.

- RTE Player is running flawlessly on my VU+ Duo, running BlackHole 1.7.9 (latest) , but stops every time after a few mins play.
    Great job RogerThis :)

- With 3player... anyone running a enigma2 box that has Python 3.0 in the image will not be able to use this plugin.
    You'll probably get:
    "Some plugins are not available: Extensions/3player (No module named sgmllib)"

It uses the BeautifulSoup.py lib which has a dependency on sgmllib, and the sgmllib lib is deprecated since python version 2.6 onwards, and thus the module has been removed in Python 3.0... http://docs.python.org/2/library/sgmllib.html
    RogerThis, might be an option to look at an alternative xhtml parser, or maybe there is a newer version of BeautifulSoup released to support this?

Thanks,
    Darren.

Got Rte player running on a friends 800se running Dbuk image . Didn't leave it on long enough to see if it timed out

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭RogerThis

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭achiman

Thank you great job,
    working fine on latest OpenRSI image on AzBoxme..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

hi roger, great work, could you upload those updates here if you are a member of the other forum.

thanks again for the work.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yep, seems to be working fine now!

Good news lads.
    Im not a member of that site.
    Any chance uploading here or on WOS.

Ta
    tapfit2004 wrote: »
    hi roger, great work, could you upload those updates here if you are a member of the other forum.

thanks again for the work.

• Advertisement

I downloaded the file and installed in on VU Solo this morning.
    I played 7-8 mins of a program for the first time on the plugin. (it always stopped 1-2 mins in.)
    Success Id say.
    Well done to all concerned.

Another small issue that I see is that there seems to be a little sync issue (audio to video) its barely noticeable but seeing as ye are on a roll.

BTW - anyone any idea what was causing the issue. Twas un-usual that it wasnt effecting everyone...
    Good news lads.
    Im not a member of that site.
    Any chance uploading here or on WOS.

Ta

Lads where can I find the TV3 player to download.
    Little one watching octonauts on RTE player on my Duo.
    3 episodes in and not a glitch....Yippeeeee.

Rodg maybe upload all the plugins to the WOS site or here even so we dont have to join other sites to get the files.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

+1 on the Octonauts. Irish-made as well.

...apologies for going OT :)

I got the TV3 player here

Thanks for that.
    Couldnt get it to work though. It just shows the black screen only.
    RTE Player is fine..
    But just thinking about it I dont watch TV3 anyway.
    So no loss...
    SalteeDog wrote: »
    +1 on the Octonauts. Irish-made as well.

...apologies for going OT :)

I got the TV3 player here

Thanks for that.
    RTE Player is fine..
    So no loss...

tried evrything the new version from mickd still the same.must be to do with the image I am using OpenRSI 3 on Azbox PRem+

morana wrote: »
    tried evrything the new version from mickd still the same.must be to do with the image I am using OpenRSI 3 on Azbox PRem+

i got it working on a premium plus with openazbox release 4, i had to install et livestream.

i uploaded it in this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82605390&postcount=53

maybe if you have already tried this on openrsi try the latest release from the openazbox.info (release 6 is out today) and see if it works with it. here is the link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jpc46exknikc3qd

I think Openrsi uses python 2.7 and oam 2.6

thanks for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭slegs

The files from this post

slegs wrote: »
    The files from this post

nice one, i'll give it a try.

my azbox is getting better by the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Thanks for that.
    RTE Player is fine..
    So no loss...

Same for me. RTE player is fine but TV3 just goes to blank screen and gives up after a few seconds. Haven't had time to look into it in detail yet though. Same as yourself, I rarely watch that channel.

Advertisement